PDA

View Full Version : Texas Road Trip!

Persephone
12-15-2010, 01:09 AM
We decided to "escape from L.A.," so we're on a road trip, planning to get to Dallas/Fort Worth a couple of days from now, maybe by Saturday or so.

Right now we've just headed into New Mexico and plan to drift along, seeing the sights and having fun as we go.

Yesterday we mostly travelled, stopping occassionally and chatting with folks along the way.

Today we visited a very unique and beautiful cavern, taking the tour.

Clothes are mostly t-shirts/sweatshirts and jeans. Skirts just wouldn't fit in out in the desert, and would make it hard to do the hookups on the RV. As is, a woman running around attaching hoses and plugging in cables is enough of an oddity.

Bottom line, we're on the road and having fun!

sherri
12-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Santa Fe NM is wonderful if you've never been, art, ambiance, fabulous food. And if you like caverns, there's Carlsbad in eastern NM.

Kim_Bitzflick
12-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Cool! I used to live near Amarillo. What caverns? I love touring caverns. Carlsbad (New Mexico) is really neat.

If you get time, look at Palo Duro Canyon. It's about an hour south of Amarillo. Well worth the trip. In the summer they have an outdoor play that is fantastic.

KandisTX
12-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Too bad you're not going to come down to Houston ;) Enjoy your visit to The Lone Star State.

Persephone
12-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Thanks all for the suggestions and encouragement. There is so much to see and do in this wonderful country, and in particular in the great states of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, that we just can't do it all in one trip.

Tonight we are in Van Horn, Texas. We drove most of the day with a stop in Las Cruces, New Mexico for lunch at a lovely little Mexican cafe. They sure do love their chili peppers in NM! Generally spicier than California Mexican style. We're looking forward to some Tex-Mex over the next few days.

We made some copies at a local copy place, took care of some mail at the post office, and did some supplies shopping.

Then it was back on the road. We had to drive through a Border Patrol checkpoint. I pulled to a stop and the agent asked "Are you a United States citizen?"

I replied "Yes."

He then saw my spouse in the other seat and asked, "Are there just the two of you?"

Again I said, "Yes."

He then said, "Stay stopped for a minute" as a trained dog checked out our vehicle.

Then he waived us through.

Does that constitute one more en femme milestone?

Hugs,
Persephone

Persephone
12-16-2010, 11:43 PM
We spent the day driving across part of Texas, with a stop to visit a meteor crater. We didn't even know there was a meteor crater in Texas!

After a lovely chat with the lady at the museum there, we started down the road again. After a while we started to hear a grinding sound whenever I applied the brakes. Not good.

We found a mechanic in a town along the way who said that he could fix it, but that he would need our vehicle until tomorrow.

It was really intersting as my spouse and I were treated purely as two women who had left our husbands back in L.A. (my spouse told them that was the case). There was even some mild sexual banter back and forth as they directed us to a nearby motel. It is so amazing and enlightening to be living life on the other side of the looking glass!

We grabbed whatever clothes and things that we needed (I took only en femme stuff).

We actually ended up picking a different motel, not because of the guys at the shop, but because the auto club rated it higher and we got a good deal.

Once we had our room secured, we did some checking around and found that our women-only workout center back in L.A. has an exchange agreement with a women's gym here so we put on our workout clothes and headed on over. It was fun to chat with the other women as we worked out.

Afterwards we used the private dressing rooms to change back into ordinary clothes (en femme, of course) and we went to a very nice local restauant for dinner.

What keeps coming to my mind is that great drag film To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114682/).

I sure hope this works out well.

Kathi Lake
12-17-2010, 02:49 AM
Gee, I had wondered where you had gone off to! :)

Does that constitute one more en femme milestone?Only if the dog buried its head where it didn't belong. :)

Enjoy your trip! Be sure to get some of those wonderful peppers on your way back. I go through about 10-15 pounds a year flown in from NM. They're addictive!

Kathi

Sarah Welch
12-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Are you talkin bout the crater in Odessa? If so get out of there woman, you are in the ugliest part of Texas as far as scenery goes. Central Texas is where I like to tour.

Kimberly Long
12-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Well let me tell you about Texas. It takes a long time (days) to get across it. We tell everyone once you are out of Texas you are half way to anywhere. I hope you enjoy your stay in my state
Love: Kimberly

Persephone
12-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Are you talkin bout the crater in Odessa? If so get out of there woman, you are in the ugliest part of Texas as far as scenery goes. Central Texas is where I like to tour.

Aww, don't be so hard on that part of the state. If it just had a little makeup it would look and feel a lot better.

We tried to head for Amarillo but it was too dang cold up that way.

SherriePall
12-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Sounds like you are having an interesting and informative trip. As for being stopped by the Border Patrol counting against your en femme list, I think we should have a vote to see if you get half a point or a whole one (like being stopped by the police for a traffic citation). LOL. Anyway, glad you and your wife are enjoying yourselves. And don't forget the most important part about a trip en femme! The pics!

sherri
12-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Aww, don't be so hard on that part of the state. If it just had a little makeup it would look and feel a lot better.

We tried to head for Amarillo but it was too dang cold up that way.

Now you know what I go through every winter, when I refuse to give up my short skirts. :-) Btw, I hope you seek out some Hill Country bbq while you're here. And Tex-Mex in San Antonio.

Persephone
12-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi All!

We are finally destinated in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for the next few days.

After dinner last night we relaxed in our hotel room and watched the finale of Burn Notice. During the evening I did my weekly body shave.

This morning we got up, got dressed (en femme) and went to the lobby for the continental breakfast. Then we went back to the room and packed our stuff. Just as we were finishing loading stuff into the car, the repair place called that our RV was ready. Perfect timing!

After settling the giganormous bill, we thanked everyone, hooked up our rig, and headed east once again.

And driving was pretty much what we did all day. But, finally, here we are!

Hugs,
Persephone

Persephone
12-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Today was awesome!

As you may know, we're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area checking out potential retirment possibilities. Today we headed out to the rural areas, about an hour out of town, to size up some ranch property.

I'm dressed totally en femme, but very casual, makeup, bra and forms, tight jeans and sweatshirt (it's cool out there and not very "prissy"), earrings, ordinary stuff.

We spot an interesting piece of property that is for sale and my spouse (often the gutsier of the two of us) says "let's call the agent and see if she can show it to us."

I say, "Are you sure?"

She says, "Why not?" and dials the number.

An hour later we're meeting with the realtor, a genuinely nice woman who meets us as two women. My spouse says I'm her sister-in-law.

And off we go! We spend three hours together, looking at property and discussing men and their weird love of power tools, children, hot flashes, nails, and, of course, shoes (she and I both proclaim our love for DSW).

Remember, we are way, way deep in rural cowboy country with nothing around but ranches and tiny towns.

She drops us back at our car, which, at her suggestion, was parked at the fried chicken shack in the heart of town, gives us both hugs, and sends us on our way.

I love my spouse! And I love my life!

Hugs,
Persephone

Kathi Lake
12-19-2010, 10:38 PM
I love my spouse! And I love my life!A woman like that? How could you not!?

:)

Kathi

linnea
12-19-2010, 10:44 PM
That sounds wonderful! Good and safe travel!

Marissa
12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Isn't it funny how a business contact in a small town starts with "we can meet at the fried chicken stand" or "at the bbq joint on main" :)

Persephone
12-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Isn't it funny how a business contact in a small town starts with "we can meet at the fried chicken stand" or "at the bbq joint on main" :)

Yeah, it is pretty funny! There certainly isn't a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf out there!

Yesterday and the next couple of days will likely be en drab because of meetings, schedules, and the like. Then, hopefully will be back in ordinary clothes!

Heading east right now. May get slightly into Louisana before turning around to head back west.

Kim_Bitzflick
12-22-2010, 12:26 PM
...... Then, hopefully will be back in ordinary clothes!

Now that's an interesting view point. One I hope to attain some day.

Persephone
12-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi All!

We're back home in Southern California after almost 3 weeks on the road. We drove over 3,800 miles and were as far east as Shreveport Louisiana.

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful, healthy, and joyous New Year! :ms:

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
12-31-2010, 09:12 PM
You as well, my friend!! I hope you had a wonderful trip!

Kathi

sherri
01-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Glad you made it home safe and sound. Now all you have to do is decide where "home" really is. :-) Happy 2011!