PDA

View Full Version : "Found" items of clothing

Starla
12-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Did you ever just "find" a discarded, dropped, abandoned or mislaid item of female clothing and appropriate it for yourself?

In college, one Sunday afternoon I was walking along the exterior corridor of a building that was deserted for the weekend. As I turned a corner, I spotted something on the sidewalk. It was a cute, silky little elastic-waisted floral print miniskirt that appeared to be in perfect condition. I was mystified -- why was this here? I wondered if someone had just unknowingly dropped it while hauling a load of laundry. I found it hard to imagine that some girl had simply removed her skirt in what was a somewhat isolated, but still public spot. In any case, after looking around to make sure no one was in sight, I scooped it up and took it home with me. It was clearly about 3 sizes too small for me, but the elastic still allowed me to wear it.

Also in my college years, it was not uncommon to wander into one of the laundry rooms, and find a lone bra or slip or top that was just sitting on a table. If there were no machines currently in use, and no one around, I could only assume that it had been inadvertently left behind, or abandoned. And, needless to say, it would quickly find a home in my own closet.

A more personal example....when I was a teenager, my mother for a time took in a young co-worker who was single and pregnant and had been disowned by her family. She was planning on giving her baby up for adoption, and lived with us until she gave birth. I was an only child, and as she was just a few years older than me, we became good friends, forming a lovely brother-sister type bond.

After she moved out, I was cleaning out her room, and discovered that she had left something behind. It was a simple, yet feminine little cotton robe/wrap that she used to wear over her nightgown in the mornings, pink and beige with a sort of oriental motif.

I kept it for many years, and wore it often, though it was very snug on my larger frame. It was a special thing that would always bring back fond memories of our brief friendship.

Loni
12-16-2010, 09:18 AM
can you say hidden camera..just maybe you will be on world wide tv for all to see.

just because something has been left behind..does not mean it was left behind so someone can steal it. would you be happy if when you get back to your room, and find out you left something you just love back in the laundry room. and you get back and see someone walking out, and your item is not there??

linda allen
12-16-2010, 09:23 AM
can you say hidden camera..just maybe you will be on world wide tv for all to see.

just because something has been left behind..does not mean it was left behind so someone can steal it. would you be happy if when you get back to your room, and find out you left something you just love back in the laundry room. and you get back and see someone walking out, and your item is not there??.

I have to say I agree with Loni on this one.

Karren H
12-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Ohh yeah!!!! I kept finding all kinds of lingerie... In my mothers drawers... Sisters.... Girl friends... I was a prolific "borrower" and yeah its not right but that's the way it was back then and I'm not apologizing to anyone for that!!

Maria_1969
12-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Ohh yeah!!!! I kept finding all kinds of lingerie... In my mothers drawers... Sisters.... Girl friends... I was a prolific "borrower" and yeah its not right but that's the way it was back then and I'm not apologizing to anyone for that!!

Karren, I read many of your comments, and you are awesome, I love your remarks. I agree and I no longer feel guilty about it either. :-)

linda allen
12-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Even though I posted what I did above, I have to admit that my bras are ones my wife was through with and were destined for the charity donation box. That's a little different than finding a stranger's panties in the laundry room (in my view). And I'll sometimes wear her clothes that she's put in the laundry.

Christy_M
12-16-2010, 10:34 AM

OMG that was my paranoia growing. I found this stuff all the time but I watched enough Candid Camera to know I was being Punked Old School.

2B Natasha
12-16-2010, 10:58 AM
I have to say I agree with Loni on this one.

I have disagree with both of them. Sounds like that skirt fell out of a backpack after going to the gym or perhaps a late night trist. Completly different then a laundry room or your sisters drawers. That person is going out to find it and it would just end up in the trash or a goodwill anyway. I have no issue with it at all.

That you would attempt to wear a skirt that is 3 times to small is a bit worrying.

Starla
12-16-2010, 11:23 AM
That you would attempt to wear a skirt that is 3 times to small is a bit worrying.

What can I say? I was 18, closeted, and had no regular source of clothing...a skirt is a skirt. ;)

Chickhe
12-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Can't say I was perfect, but instead of stealing anything, I borrowed a few items and returned them before anyone noticed they were missing.

Karren H
12-16-2010, 11:37 AM
What can I say? I was 18, closeted, and had no regular source of clothing...a skirt is a skirt. ;)

Lol. Some friends and I were out at the city dump (small town unattended) and we came across some bags of old women's clothes... I couldn't wait to leave and ditch the friends so I could go back and search for more.. Really not much I could use... Or it wasn't as nice as the old stuff my mom had stored in the basement! Even back then I was a clothes snob! :D

Funny but last week I was walking into a store and there in the snow and slush was a pretty pink glove... It struck me as quite sad seeing that and the first thing in my mind was "that's a cute glove..... why couldn't she have dropped the other glove too??"

Pythos
12-16-2010, 11:38 AM
To those that were against what the OP did, come on.

So what would you prefer. This lost skirt being left to the elements and wasted, or getting a new life with a new owner?

If similar happened for me, I would do what I could to locate the owner, and then failing that, would keep the item, and clean it. I hate waste, and I realize the owner could come back many hours later looking for the item, by which time it could have blown away, been trampled on, driven over, shat on by some critter, and so on.

Dana921
12-16-2010, 12:08 PM
A friend (another crossdresser) and I were doing a cruise out of New Orleans and spent a couple of extra days to enjoy the city! During one of our visits to a Jazz club (Oh by the way we both went without any boy clothes for the entire 11 day adventure, but that is another story) my friend needs to go to the bathroom so off she went to the ladies room and comes out with a cute black velvet flared skirt. So she went to the management and tried to turn it in to the lost and found. The staff says they do not have a lost and found and to go ahead and keep the skirt. Seems this is somewhat a regular thing and not a big deal there! So we let it be known to others at the bar but at about closing and having to walk a bit back to the motel she did keep it. No telling what the original owner was wearing after losing the skirt! But I would have to think giving the place and city alcohol was a factor!

Dana

tgirl2b
12-16-2010, 12:13 PM
I used to drive A delivery truck all over Oklahoma, And would stop at rest areas. It amazing what you find there I have found all kinds of woman's clothes. I guess they left them for me.

joannemarie barker
12-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Lol my mums and sisters drawers were an aladdins cave to me too :)

Sophie86
12-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I've found quite a few sad, abandoned items on my wife's side of the closet and in her chest-of-drawers. My rule is: if she hasn't worn it in the past two years, it's fair game. :)

Xandria
12-16-2010, 12:35 PM
i cant say that i was ever innocent. and thats all i'm gonna say about that :)

Cristi
12-16-2010, 12:43 PM
When I was in college, I had a class in a remote corner of campus. I got the feeling that that area was mostly forgotten and seldom maintained. Right outside the doorway to the class I was taking was a common area that was overflowing with 'stuff' and looks like it hadn't been cleaned for ages.
One day walking in to class, I noticed a ballet tutu amidst the jumble. I saw it there, just tossed onto a table, for the entire semester. By the end of the semester, I convinced myself that it was been abandoned and wouldn't be missed by anybody.
After one class, I walked out with the last group to leave, then made an excuse to duck back into the building. I stuffed the tutu into my backpack and rushed out.
I couldn't WAIT to get home with it. The best thing was that it fit perfectly! It was a bit worn, but SO fun to wear. Eventually I bought some white tights and a white sport bra to wear with it. I kept it for years until I eventually out-grew it. :(

GaleWarning
12-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I was once using the training room of the company for which I worked. Preparing the room, I discovered an expensive pair of tights which had been left there by an unknown person.
Initially, I left them exactly where I had found them.

I used the room for about two weeks. No-one claimed the tights, even after I moved them to a more visible position.
Cleaning up the room at the end of the training session, instead of binning them, I took them with me.

I do not regard that as theft.

Being Paige
12-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I'll only admit, that when younger I wasn't a total angel either. :(

Lorileah
12-16-2010, 03:58 PM
anytime I ever found a lost female item I immediately went looking to see if anyone had discarded the female too. After all who wouldn't go looking for a woman who had lost her panties?

Shadeauxmarie
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm not proud of the things I stole, or who, or where I stole from, but I have turned over a new leaf.

Zoie
12-16-2010, 04:30 PM
The fact is that none of you are stealing them now it's a tad different to do it later in life then when you where younger and not able to buy them. I am also sure that Jesus will forgive you...

It amazes me that anyone would judge anyone over this it's so silly.

LitaKelley
12-16-2010, 04:58 PM
about 8 years ago, doing laundry in my basement coin op, I found the stripper upstairs' PVC bodysuit... So, of course I brought it up, tried it on, took care of some personal business, then put it back in the dryer with a cream cake inside

ninapuella
12-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Ofcourse there have been moments where it has been possibilities to "borrow" some accessoires. I cant say i am proud of it as I try to take as small risks as possible. I dont want to be on candid camera. ;)

Laura_Stephens
12-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Sometimes driving along a road or freeway I'll see a single woman's shoe. And I'll ask myself "Where's the other one?" And this has happened many times. It's like "OK....and where's the other shoe....?"

You just need to wait for the other shoe to drop....

from the sky.

Starla
12-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Sometimes driving along a road or freeway I'll see a single woman's shoe. And I'll ask myself "Where's the other one?" And this has happened many times. It's like "OK....and where's the other shoe....?"

A mystery that has long baffled observers:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/529/why-do-you-always-see-just-one-shoe-by-the-side-of-the-road

Amy Hepker
12-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes of course. When I worked for the DOT, I found a Bra along the road, I used to find all kinds of things, most did not fit though. I was always afraid of getting caught with them at work. I was real careful.

Christy_M
12-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Lol. Some friends and I were out at the city dump (small town unattended) and we came across some bags of old women's clothes... I couldn't wait to leave and ditch the friends so I could go back and search for more.. Really not much I could use... Or it wasn't as nice as the old stuff my mom had stored in the basement! Even back then I was a clothes snob! :D

Funny but last week I was walking into a store and there in the snow and slush was a pretty pink glove... It struck me as quite sad seeing that and the first thing in my mind was "that's a cute glove..... why couldn't she have dropped the other glove too??"

Now you almost got me in trouble because I am sitting in my monthly mgmt meeting while the head of sales is talking about sonething with the head of engineering and all I hear is blah, blah, blah...so catching up on posts and I laughed out loud because as I was reading I too wished she dropped the other glove for you. ;) I gotta be more careful...

Starla
12-16-2010, 06:01 PM
There were also 4 pairs of heels, sz 11, and 3 pr of flats, sz 11, ballet dancing shoes! 1 pr. pink leather, 2 pr black leather. I still have them to this day. The heels were 2 slingbacks and 2 ankle boots, which I still have.

The size (11 is not huge, but on the large side for a GG) and variety of shoes makes me wonder if you stumbled onto the results of some fellow CDer's "purge."

AllieSF
12-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Thank you so much Starla for the single lost shoe link, and to you Seamed Nylons for your wonderfully written tale of rescue, restoration and enjoyment.

docrobbysherry
12-16-2010, 07:16 PM
NOT by "borrowing", or, "stealing", clothes! I think that's SO WRONG! On SO MANY levels!:Angry3:

I had tenants move out and leave several boxes of unwanted clothes in the garage. Including that pair of JEANS that started me down the slippery slope of CDing!:doh:

If u want to "find" ladies clothes, it's EASY! Manage rentals! I've scored maybe a van full of ladies things over the last 10 years!:D
They move and either leave boxes and bags full in the empty unit, or toss the full bags and boxes into the dumpster! I've been lucky enuff to beat the trash truck to the latter a few times!:heehee:

The stuff they leave in the units, I have plenty of time to sort thru before the cleaning lady comes in!:thumbsup:

My single regret is THE SHOES! They've left so many pretty pairs behind! Unfortunately, only ONE lady had BIG feet like mine!

Laura Evans
12-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I am as guilty as some here have admitted to, but that was in my younger days, now I buy all my clothing and have much better looking and better fitting clothes.

makin' it real
12-17-2010, 01:15 AM
YEah, in the old days my absolute favorite place to "find" things was at the local laundromats. Back then, they all had lost and found bins. About once a month or so I'd rummage through those bins to see what looked appealing and might just possibly fit. I found many fine pieces there. Mostly panties, but occasionally some other good stuff. Now my "finds" are all in stores or online. Ho hum.

donnalee
12-17-2010, 04:35 AM
OMG that was my paranoia growing. I found this stuff all the time but I watched enough Candid Camera to know I was being Punked Old School.
Hi Christy
You may want to refrain from using "punked", even though it's the title of an idiotic TV show, once you understand that the origin of the word is prison rape. A "punk" is the rapee, "punked" is the verb. You are refering to a "practical joke". I'm sorry if I appear pedantic or politicaly correct, but this word's use is one that bothers me and should bother those on this forum.

suspender
12-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Many of the items I wear I have come across that way and I give back to others that are in need when I no longer want them. Maybe those that eventually get them are like me. Camera or not, who cares? I know that one of my former neighbors deliberately left stuff out for me to get and I had no problem taking the charity. I know another neighbor knew when she asked me at the local corner shop (milk bar) early one morning as to whether I liked the grey or black shoes, referring to the grey and black heels she left in the charity bag near her mail box the night before. I liked both and still have them......

Jay Cee
12-17-2010, 07:29 AM
I've "appropriated" female clothing in the past. Sometimes it was a lost and found thing, like the storage room of a YMCA. That was major paydirt. I think if I found an article of women's clothing lying around, it'd depend upon the circumstances. Is it expensive? Would the owner miss it? Is it worth posting a lost and found in the paper or on Kijiji or Craigslist?

Too many factors here to judge.

Starla
12-17-2010, 08:11 AM
You know, from the other side of this ongoing ethical conundrum, I've lost/misplaced many things over the years (my sanity chief among them). I'm quite absent-minded, and I've lost keys, glasses, money, etc. many times. Once, I drove away from a drive-up ATM, leaving $200 in the hopper. (Needless to say, it was gone when I frantically went back just 5 minutes later.) I left a whole satchel full of stuff on a bus once. And I never, ever expected to get the stuff back (and I never did) -- if someone were to find it and somehow manage to find me to return it (assuming they could even track me down), I would consider it an aberration, almost a miracle. I've just always had the attitude that if I lose something, it's my own dumb fault, good luck to whoever found it, and resolve to be more attentive in the future.

Elizabeth Ann
12-17-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't think I have ever found any deserted women's clothes, except for some panties at a resort (I like to imagine why!). I buy most of my stuff from the thrift stores, except the shoes. For some odd reason, I can never find women's size 15 shoes being recycled. ;)

Liz

cindym5_04
12-17-2010, 03:08 PM
The lost skirt, I don't have so much of an issue with- although I really hope you washed it first. It was probably from some drunk girl on campus and we can all use our imagination what happened the night before.

The stuff in the laundry room, I agree with some of the others, that I would take issue with. The owner may have come back for it, realizing that it was missing. Maybe she accidentally left it in the dryer and someone else going to use said dryer noticed it, pulled it out, and sat it on the table. If it was there for a few days after you saw it, then it wouldn't be such an issue if you snatched it.

One of my friends gave me a few tubs of clothes that were for Goodwill when she was moving. This was a bunch of stuff that her old roommate never came back for after she got kicked out. I didn't know that my friend knew that I crossdressed. As I was loading them into my car, she said "you might want to go through them first- there's some cute stuff that might fit you in there".

Sandygal
12-17-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm with you on that Karen. When you live with the secret life we live with and you have a huge fear of being discovered and your young and broke. You find the items any way you can.

Starla
12-17-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm with you on that Karen. When you live with the secret life we live with and you have a huge fear of being discovered and your young and broke. You find the items any way you can.

Sometimes, we do go too far when in that situation, and I speak from experience. True confessions time: when I was about 17/18 or so, my first two wigs that I ever "owned" were acquired by...shall we say...less than legal means. On two separate occasions....from the same store.

I do plead the "young and stupid" defense. And some years later, when I was financially stable, I did anonymously send cash approximating the cost of the wigs to the store, with a short note of explanation and apology.

Emma Leigh
12-17-2010, 06:14 PM
In my previous position of store manager items would often be left behind by members of the public and possibly staff, some of these items would be womens clothing from a store across the street, I always gave a reasonable amount of time (we ARE talking weeks) before deciding these items would not be claimed, and of course always insisted it was my responsibility that they were disposed of correctly :heehee:

Christy_M
12-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Christy
You may want to refrain from using "punked", even though it's the title of an idiotic TV show, once you understand that the origin of the word is prison rape. A "punk" is the rapee, "punked" is the verb. You are refering to a "practical joke". I'm sorry if I appear pedantic or politicaly correct, but this word's use is one that bothers me and should bother those on this forum.

Sorry, didn´t mean to offend anyone...consider it erased from my vocabulary. I was simply referring to a newer version of candid camera. Having never done time, i never came across that word in the context you stated.

kimmie_sub
12-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I would have done the same (and did) when I was in college, especially since I hardly had enough money to buy male drab clothes.

missyvf
01-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Me too Karren! I "found" lots of things over the years. The most recent actual real find for me was about 2 years ago during the summer. I was coming down the on ramp to the interstae and noticed along the side of the road a whole line of clothing strewn on the grass. I stopped, backed up and got out to see what it was. Apparently someones roof top carrier must have opened. I found a nice dress and two skirts that suited me just fine.

Yolanda_Voils
01-15-2011, 04:53 PM
The very best place to "find" clothing is in the dumpster at second hand clothing stores..

Of course the location of the dumpster is important, you don't want folks staring out a window at you, but cars passing by a hundred feet away, no problem.

I've found Mucho Good stuff there, dresses and skirts by the ton,, a few shoes, blouses,,, and the GOOD stuff,, dozens of Panty Hose, Bras, Slips, garter belts and Panties, sure some are "garbage" and I wear rubber gloves, wash in " Cholorox " Brand bleach only before wearing..

One store near me gets More than they can sell, so they just throw it out..

Now the sad part, a store nearby starting using the dumpster, now they put a padlock on it, so no more freebies from there :(

CDAllie
01-15-2011, 05:36 PM
For me a really bad habit was borrowings my sisters clothes for too long, then getting to scared to put them back and just keeping them. Some times I think there is no way it could ahve gone un-noticed, and i still feel bad, mostly because my sister doesnt know whats happening to her clothes

Presh GG
01-15-2011, 11:31 PM
My niece and I when cleaning out our closets every year, take a box or 2 to a bus stop in a poorer part of town. They are almost always gone by morning... but we're both small people.

My DH, Tea's , Trans support group has a free clothing rack in their dressing room. A nice idea for gals just getting started or recovering from a disaster. A nice idea ,I think.

Just a thought. You know how if someone needs something and they ASK you, chances are really good you will give it to them. But if they try to steal from me [ or you ] we're alot less forgiveing. Right ??? :)

Sincerely,
Presh GG