PDA

View Full Version : Gonna do it

Pythos
12-17-2010, 12:14 PM
This morning I decided to do it. Though in a covert sneaky way. LOL.

I decided to, wear a skirt for work.

I have been in leggings for the most part and aside from getting lines like I look like a swashbuckler, from one customer, that did like my look, I have had no issues.

So I am putting on some VERY opague tights, long gray sweater, underneath which is a black t shirt,...and my quite short cotton mini skirt. This skirt is the same color as the shirt that is clearly visible at my neckline. To the casual observer it just looks like I have on a long shirt under the gray sweater.

For footwear I am wearing some tall riding boots with a back zip, and 2 1/2 heel.

Overall it looks like a leggined outfit I have worn once or twice.

I am debating the head wear if any.

Kim_Bitzflick
12-17-2010, 12:18 PM
I envy you. But it sounds like you don't wear "conventional" clothes anyway, so I doubt anyone will really be surprised if they do notice.

Sarah Doepner
12-17-2010, 12:26 PM
It sounds like a noble experiment and I hope it works out well for you. I'll be interested in hearing if there is any response, either positive or negative.

Davina-Alba
12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Sounds good. Not perhaps as easy for those of us who work in the "traditional" office worlf but at least you are adapting.

NV Susan
12-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Lucky you, wish I could pull that off at work....Would love to know what kind of work you do and how it went in a skirt.......I'm sooooo jealous. :)

Pythos
12-17-2010, 10:40 PM
I work in a small computer shop. For those wondering what I do.

I would not dare wear this for my aviation job.

That being said, it was not noticed. I even let the skirt peak out from under the sweater. I was impressed. It was quite evident that I was not wearing typical leggings. When I bent at the knees flesh tone was visible through the tights. The tights were opague , with an overall matt look, with a slight sheen. I did have to be much more mindful of my leg positioning. DID NOT want to damage these tights. LOL.

Overall, it was not all that different from wearing leggings, and a long shirt or sweater.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Congrats, Pythos. I've never worn a skirt to work outside of halloween, at least not to my day job. I have for comedy obviously. Any pics for us?

Pythos
12-18-2010, 02:01 AM
no pics at work, but I do have some of the outfit before I went to work. I will post when I get the chance.

Vikki Vixen
12-18-2010, 04:01 AM
I don't know what it's like in the US but from your pics and posts I assume you like the gothic look. Over here in the UK a 'goth' can wear anything and people would not bat an eyelid as we expect them to dress unconventionally and very much male and female goth clothing and make up merge into one and is accepted. Sometimes you have to look at a group of goths to determine which is male and female, it's only a shame this tolerence isn't transferred to mainstream fashion over her as well.
Oh and well done for wearing the skirt, make it more obvious next time, once your co-workers know you wear a skirt you will be able to get away with any look.

Pythos
12-18-2010, 11:35 AM
So here is a pic of the outfit. Now mind you, this was a subdued way of getting myself skirted into the work place. Well, subdued may not be the right word, I mean look at the boots I chose :). Once again the outfit consisted of really opague WoMan tights...NOT LEGGINGS. I also had on a pair of matt thick danskin dance tights to add to the opacity, I wore the skirt in a manner it just appear as an extension of my black shirt under the long sweater. For the pics I hardly show my un made up face, and have on my wig, but for work I had my natural hair and black driver's cap.

Vikki, I like the Goth style, and yes I am one that likes most Goth related stuff. I just do not get to be embraced by it due to my living conditions. My co-worker said she wants to see me in an all black Gothic outfit one of these days, Which I may just do. LOL.

Please give some pointers on how this get up can be improved though. I am not happy with the lack of any break at the waistline, I think I should have worn my usual belt, but I was concerned more of the skirt could get revealed than I was comfortable with. I did let it peek out though.

There really isn't any reason a male could not wear this outfit. The aforementioned co-worker wears baggy jeans nearly every day.

Overall, though not a big step, I think things went well.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5283/5271545962_2f9e457d42_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5088/5270935897_c7be091480.jpg

katrinakat
12-18-2010, 11:39 AM
HOW FUN. I love the tights, what kind r they? go girl!!!!!!!!!

Emma England
12-18-2010, 01:11 PM
At a quick glance, it just looks like part of your top.

You will find that people are very willing to accept men in skirts - I have done it myself.

jessidresser
12-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Do your coworkers know your not a female? You look really good.

the_me
12-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I love the mini-skirt! Well, I just plain love mini-skirts in general, but still, looks great on you! And the tights are to die for, jealous!