PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed or Happy to be one!

emmicd
09-14-2005, 10:45 PM
As a crossdresser even if in the closet are you embarrased or are you happy and accepting of it?

Even if you are accepting of it would you be embarrassed if a friend or family member who didn't know or suspected all of a sudden saw you when you were not prepared to reveal this part of you yet?

Emmi

Lauren_T
09-14-2005, 10:56 PM
As a crossdresser even if in the closet are you embarrased or are you happy and accepting of it?Since being traumatically outed a while back (and the 'trauma' vanished rather quickly), I flipped from 100% closeted to 100% open. Now, I cannot possibly be embarassed (about CDing - I still have plenty to embarass me, just not that).

Even if you are accepting of it would you be embarrassed if a friend or family member who didn't know or suspected all of a sudden saw you when you were not prepared to reveal this part of you yet?

EmmiOh, but I am prepared! In point of fact, I can't wait to return to Florida and see my oldest, dearest friends, and my youngest sister - and see their reactions! Their acceptance is a given... :thumbsup:

JocelynG
09-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I am very happy to be me and that will never change.I'm not embarrased of who I am. As far as being confronted by a friend/family member, if theya ccept me or don't accept me thats their choice and won't change who I am

uknowhoo
09-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Alternatively or (sometimes at the same time)... I'm happy, ashamed, proud, aroused, and about a zillion other things. Intellectually, I'm totally OK with the whole thing, but I guess the effects of a my staunchly Catholic upbringing linger. Oh well, life still goes on, and is good.

emmicd
09-14-2005, 11:07 PM
I am becoming more accepting of my crossdressing but it is has virtually taken me 30 years to get to this point.

I still am not prepared to reveal this part of me to others though my wife knows to some degree but I can definitely see it being both a tenuous and liberating experience to reveal it if you had to.

Emmi

christine55
09-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Emmi, I used to hide my girls side very carefully. It would have been the worst thing in the world if anyone else were to find out. My male side I showed to the world would have been devastated. Inwardly I was becoming less and less ashamed and I guess more resigned if not accepting.
Tonite I am very much enjoying being a girl. When dressed sometimes I feel that I almost become Christine. A couple of years ago I kind of stopped putting up the male front. When in guy mode that has caused me to become pretty isolated, because where I live, gays are tolerated, but I am not gay so I kind of associate with others but don't get close to anyone. My family knows I dress but it is rarely mentioned. I don't think they realize the extent to which it has gone. I spend most of my free time as a girl. Most of my neighbors know I dress, I have been seen more than once. I cant say that I dont care what they think because I do care but I really dont mind that people are aware that I am often a girl. God knows, and it will be His opinion that matters in the end.
I really need to make an effort to let others into my life. I guess I am a coward at heart because I am scared to take the initiative and open up preferably to a girl or two. There are many who would make great friends or even a partner. There have been occasions when I felt I could have given up cd'ing but it seems those chances are past. I probably would have been better off if I had, but for now I suppose why not enjoy being a girl. It is after all what I always wanted.
Hugs, Christine

gennee
09-14-2005, 11:14 PM
I am very happy to be a crossdresser and accept it wholeheartedly. I'm closeted because of my situation with family and friends. I do see myself coming out to my wife someday. :) ;)

Gennee :)

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-14-2005, 11:57 PM
As a crossdresser even if in the closet are you embarrased or are you happy and accepting of it?i

I'm in the closet but happy and accepting of it.

To be honest I probably would be a bit embarassed. Hypocritical I know. But I recognize that what I do is something society stigmatizes. So I'm sure that they've probably have all sorts of weird notions that I'd have to dispell.

Lisa Maren
09-15-2005, 01:06 AM
You're quite right, Emmi.

I, too, think it would be both scary and liberating to reveal myself. It would be scary because I already know my mom's reaction, which was filled with tears. She thinks I stopped four years ago, but I haven't and she doesn't know that part. She always seems so overwhelmed with everything else that I feel no rush to tell her again at all. I don't know my dad's reaction, really, but doubt it would be that positive. My siblings? Impossible to say. I think of them as open-minded people, but it's always different when it's one of your own family you're dealing with. It would be liberating because there would be no more pretending, no more hiding it, no more problem with letting people see my shaven limbs (when they're shaven) and no more being who they want me to be.

I would be embarrassed if I were caught en femme, but that embarrassment would be much more due to the scene I fear it would cause than the crossdressing itself. I don't think there's anything wrong with what I do and I don't think other people's opinions or reactions have any bearing on that.

Moreover, I like who I am and that isn't going to change even if I am found out. Nor will I stop if I'm found out. I am becoming accepting of who I am. I have always enjoyed my CDing, but now that "final" acceptance is settling in again, I really do love it.

Good post, Emmi!

Hugs,
Lisa

IRIA
09-15-2005, 01:11 AM
I am very happy when dressed, but I do worry. My Dad, whom I love very much, doesn't know, and telling him would hurt him badly. I do get nervous when out, but I can get over that.

Sophie_A
09-15-2005, 02:21 AM
My two very close friends know, and they have helped me overcome being embarrassed about it. I still have times when i feel mixed up about it, but its certainly easier to deal with if you have shared, your not on your own, and if people know it makes you happy rather than just horny, then they are happy to help and support, either that or i have the two best friends in the world.

Tristen Cox
09-15-2005, 05:59 AM
As a crossdresser even if in the closet are you embarrased or are you happy and accepting of it?
I am accepting of myself yes.

I only have one member left in my family and she knew last year and there's no issues now.
:)

mand
09-15-2005, 07:00 AM
Hello Emmi :) if it's ok I'll tell you how it was with me when I was still in the closet.
Self acceptance was something I always fought against, I was just living a lie, always acting in accordance with my birth gender for the sake of others.
At that time to have been disscovered dressing was a great anxiety to me, to say the least.
However the pressure of maintaining such an act and fighting my true feelings was just too much for me. I came out to Jane about 8 years ago, since then the release of my TG nature has grown and now it is my way of life.

love mand xxx :)

Karri M
09-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi all,

Emmi,

I'm not embarrassed. In fact, I'm proud of who I am. I'll admit it took me a while to get there but there's no going back now. Heh. More often than not it's the people who know this about me that are embarrassed (presumably, embarrassed for me). Fortunately, that's their problem, not mine.

It's a moot point for me whether or not someone discovers that I'm a CD. I've been out for more than 25 years now... at first, only to my family and SO's (that is, before they became my SO's) but, during the past few years, I've been almost screaming it from the rooftops--to colleagues (as well as to my boss--I've even attended a staff meeting in full dress and makeup, but no wig), friends, neighbours, acquaintances, strangers even (and this last has led to some very interesting encounters and developments).

This is who I am. Those that have a problem with that likely have bigger issues to deal with in their own head and in their own heart.

Love,
CJ

RachelDenise
09-15-2005, 07:33 AM
I am very happy and comfortable with my fem side. Unfortunately those around me and society in general don't have the same level of comfort. This creates the problem of discovery of Rachel. If all was accepted, then I wouldn't really care who knew!

DonnaT
09-15-2005, 07:41 AM
I've always accepted the fact that I am a CD, and the only time I've been unhappy about it is when it hurts my wife.

I would not be embarrassed if anyone else in my family found out. I don't live my life for them.

Tiffy
09-15-2005, 08:36 AM
After many years of fighting with myself. I am now accepting of myself and happy to be a cd. But, I would die of shame if my dad or grandmother found out. Does that makes sense?

Kisses, April

Stephenie
09-15-2005, 09:37 AM
I am happy with who I am, only my wife know and she is not happy. But I told her that I am still the guy she married and will not be quitting.

If I were suddenly caught? Well what am I wearing? If in only my undies well yes, as any one in that situation would be. If in a nice skrit and blouse then it would depend on who walked in.

Phoebe Reece
09-15-2005, 09:52 AM
I am completely self-accepting of my CD nature.

If outed unexpectedly, I would probably be startled, but not embarressed. I might not be prepared with the best explanation, but I would have to say "This is who I am."

A close Brit friend of mine (who does not know, but I believe strongly suspects) once remarked after seeing me acting in a play where I was playing a female role, "You lazy transvestite, you." To which I replied, "I am not lazy." He got a big laugh out of that.

windycissy
09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
I am very comfortable with my dressing, but I am terrified of being outed. Last night, I left my hotel room en femme to have a smoke outside, and when I tried to use my magnetic key to get back into the hotel, it didn't work! I tried it repeatedly, my panic growing by the minute. Finally I had no choice but to pound on the door until a desk clerk let me in. She offered to make me a new key and asked me my last name. I had no choice but to give it to her. Without batting an eye she glanced at her computer and gave me a new key. I'd like to think she just assumed I was my own wife...

callygo
09-15-2005, 11:17 AM
I love being me. It has taken years to get used to the fact that there is a guy on the outside and me on the inside. No one has ever given me as much grief as I have given myself. Except for my mom.

Lauren_T
09-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Phoebe: Very sharp, that! Love it! :thumbsup:

windycissy: As I noted in a post elsewhere that I imagine you haven't seen, people in the hospitality biz see a lot of things, like doctors, &c. That's the blasé reaction you should get in any decent inn; they have no desire to embarass a paying guest...

callygo: As far as giving oneself the most grief, rrroger that! As far as my mother, she died long before I knew what I was myself; sometimes wonder how she woulda taken it...
...'The Magic City,' hmmm? You by any chance a sister Miamian? :thumbsup:

Rachael Warren
09-15-2005, 11:32 AM
If you had asked me that question a week ago I don't know how I would have answered it.

But having now spoken to; and chatted with quite a few of the girls here I now have a very strong feeling of pride.

I have met some of the nicest people here that I have ever met in my life!

Ashamed, no way! I am proud and honered to be a part of this community!

Rachael. :)

Lisa Golightly
It's what I am and everyone knows...

KELLYANN
HI EMMIE to bold and to old to care anymore. just love being fem. :hugs:

AllThingsPretty
09-15-2005, 11:34 AM
What is there to be embarrased about ? We are who we are. I am very proud of who I am and what I do with my life Reguardless if it fits into socitaty's "rules" or not. No one should be embarrased.

Sorry for the mini rant.

Donna
09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm a closet CD and Happy to be in girlie things! I don't have very close male friends so no problem there. My wife will probably flip out - but I think she will accept it in the long run.

I have on a sexy pair of VS panties, a lovely pink flowered nylon robe, my full makeup and a beautiful blonde, pageboy wig. I feel wonderful!

Kisses Donna

Ariel
09-15-2005, 12:55 PM
As a crossdresser even if in the closet are you embarrased or are you happy and accepting of it?Emmi
As a cross dresser, I am happy, and accepting. Definately not embarrased, since I hang my fem clothes in the closet, right next to the drab ones, so if anyone looked, they would see them. If they someone then asked, it would depend on who it was as to what I told them.

Emmi

My wife knows, and I am comfortable with that, even though she hasn't seen me dressed, other than pics. I am not really ready to tell anyone else, and am not sure how I would handle it if someone saw me dressed.

Hugs,
Ariel

GypsyKaren
09-15-2005, 01:04 PM
I used to have a problem being me, thought the world would come to an end if anyone ever found out. I finally broke down and told my wife, and instead of throwing rocks at me, she hugged me and said she loved me.
Since then we've told about a dozen or so others, family and friends, and everything is cool. The world didn't end, and the sun came up the next day. I'm sure in the future there will be those who find out and have a problem with it, but you know, I could really care less.
So am I embarrassed about being Karen? No way! It's who I am inside, and I will always be her. I'm through hiding in the closet, and the fresh air feels wonderful.

GypsyKaren

Katie Ashe
09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I think this Q comes in phases for almost everyone.
I started out embarrassed the went to Happy to confused, back to embarrassed. Now I finally accept that I am different and am Happy. I no longer care, what others think, but still am cautious... After all I don't want to be out and have my fav outfit ruined by some As_ O with a closed mind.

Maddie Knight
09-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Happy to be me. :) :) :)

Khriss
09-15-2005, 02:58 PM
bare assed..... there Ya Go.... thanx,,,, I'll try... it..

Kayla Smith
09-15-2005, 03:03 PM
As a cross dresser even if in the closet are you embarrassed or are you happy and accepting of it?

I have been very accepting of the fact that I am a cross dresser for about a month. Up until that time (17 years) I was more than just embarrassed about my cross dressing but life is much to short to not accept yourself and enjoy just being who you really are. As for a friend or a family member suddenly seeing me when I when I least would expect it. Well that would more of a surprise :eek: for them than me because either they accept it or they don’t at that moment. If they don’t it would be their problem not mine, sometimes the truth is harder to deal with and I don’t make apologies for being me :refuse: .

Kayla :flirt: I love being a girl :Power:

Natalie x
09-15-2005, 03:03 PM
I accept it, I am completely happy with it, and I am slowly coming out to friends and family.

However, because it is all very new, and I guess I want to control how they find out, I did get kinda embarrassed when nearly caught out once or twice.

fionablack
09-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I am very much in the closet, and at no point in my life to date have I had less chance to crossdress than I do right now.

I currently own no female clothes of my own and don't see that changing anytime soon.

I know what I am though, and I am very very happy with that. If someone gave me a pill which would take away my love of women's clothes, there is no way I would take it.

The majority of men will never know the joy and pleasure of women's clothes, and to real women, they are just everyday clothes. The sensations we get from wearing them are very special and I feel very lucky that i am a crossdresser.

Sooner or later I am going to have to find a way to dress again as I badly need to, and I guess that means that I am eventually going to be found out. In the 22 years I have been dressing it is a miracle no one has found out. When i do get found out, i don't know how i will feel. I don't think embarrassed or ashamed, but I don't think i will feel good that's for sure. I am terrified of being discovered.

I love being a CD though. I love women's clothes.

Lauren_T
09-15-2005, 05:23 PM
I am very much in the closet, and at no point in my life to date have I had less chance to crossdress than I do right now.

I currently own no female clothes of my own and don't see that changing anytime soon.

I know what I am though, and I am very very happy with that. If someone gave me a pill which would take away my love of women's clothes, there is no way I would take it.

The majority of men will never know the joy and pleasure of women's clothes, and to real women, they are just everyday clothes. The sensations we get from wearing them are very special and I feel very lucky that i am a crossdresser.

Sooner or later I am going to have to find a way to dress again as I badly need to, and I guess that means that I am eventually going to be found out. In the 22 years I have been dressing it is a miracle no one has found out. When i do get found out, i don't know how i will feel. I don't think embarrassed or ashamed, but I don't think i will feel good that's for sure. I am terrified of being discovered.

I love being a CD though. I love women's clothes.

Well, I very much hope that you will be able to progress toward coming to terms with your situation, as I hope that we here can be of help in your efforts to do so. :thumbsup:

Jeanette H
09-15-2005, 06:05 PM
For me it can be either good or bad. When it's good, dressing gives me tremendous pleasure and happiness, but a bad session leaves me really blackly depressed. And there are people close to me whom I just can't tell. I've accepted that and can live with it.

Alayna
09-15-2005, 06:54 PM
To me crossdressing is a life-enriching experience and is emotionally grounding. Whether I CD because I'm in touch with my femme side or I'm in touch with my femme side because I CD, the important thing is that I am in touch. Being aware of and embracing my femme side also makes me more aware and understanding of my male side. It's a win-win situation baby:cool:

Aside from that whole social acceptance issue, I think non-CD's should be jealous of us!

Lauren_T
09-15-2005, 06:58 PM
To me crossdressing is a life-enriching experience and is emotionally grounding. Whether I CD because I'm in touch with my femme side or I'm in touch with my femme side because I CD, the important thing is that I am in touch. Being aware of and embracing my femme side also makes me more aware and understanding of my male side. It's a win-win situation baby:cool:

Aside from that whole social acceptance issue, I think non-CD's should be jealous of us!
And soon, as time passes, some indeed shall be... :thumbsup:

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I would be embarrassed if I were caught en femme, but that embarrassment would be much more due to the scene I fear it would cause than the crossdressing itself.

That's a good way of putting how I feel.

Mona
09-16-2005, 12:31 AM
I am completely thrilled to be able to be pretty and flirty so yes, I am accepting of being CD. As for being found out there are some very dear people in my life who can never know and maybe a couple who will someday.