PDA

View Full Version : To Be or Not To Be, That is the question?

Starr
12-17-2010, 03:44 PM
How many of you here consider yourselves ... lets say .. Hobby Cd'ers those that enjoy doing it a few times a month or even a couple of times a week but enjoy being your male self as much or more then being your female self? Then who here goes over that line, and dresses as often as possible and when in male mode can't wait to get into female mode?

I think I am just over the fence to the point of while in male mode or any mode i think about being female.. and think i might like to try being fem full time.

tamarav
12-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Well, I climbed over the fence and obviously fell directly onto my head. I dress daily and work dressed as a hair stylist and makeup artist. I am rarely drabbed out and when I am I am working on my next session dressed.

But I am not obsessed....

Karren H
12-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I like to think of it more as a sport... And hobby.... Spobby!! Competitive Crossdressing... How fast can you dress... How much makeup do you own... How many pairs of panties do you have... How may times have you been pulled over by the police enfemme!! :)

Michelle James
12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
i think I am so far over the fence that when I look back i can't even see it.

MargaretJ
12-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I'd put myself in the hobby camp, 2 or 3 times a week, but I do think about it quite often when in man mode.

ninapuella
12-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I have it under control. I dont need to dress all the time, but i want to do it regular to not lose the control over it. I see it as a development that never ends. You take one new step all the time. I actually also like the fact that its forbidden. Then you have to adapt it to the rest of the life, I see it as a challenge. The only thing i miss is the possibility to go out, but that is a challenge too ofcourse.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-17-2010, 04:32 PM
I used to think of myself as a part time dresser, but since coming out and merging my feminine clothing tastes into my male personality, it's now become more of a part of my regular wardrobe and not something I see as being separate from that.

LitaKelley
12-17-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm as close to full time as I can get right now... 6 days a week, but I do dress daily and go out en femme as often as possible... Not 24/7 since I do spend a couple hours each day in drab. Unfortunately I'm going to suffer a 3 day withdrawal over the holiday since I can't be me in front of my family, or my wife's family.

If it's really windy or down pouring rain and I need to go out, it's in drab... If it's to take my trash to the dump, or anything else dirty, it's in drab.. otherwise, I go out dressed.. It just feels more comfortable for me and I'm happier that way

Cari
12-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I would fall on the hobby side by the definition in the post; I do not want to go full time. But I really think Im standing right on the fence.

I have accepted that I need to dress once in awhile or ill get "bitchy" and a pink fog will descend so I dont consider the dressing part a hobby.

Now finding the perfect outfit, practicing makeup and developping my skills definately fall on the hobby side. I know girls who get by with a few outfits that is not me; I like to play around and explore things.

I like Karens "spobby" response; some day I want to be the best put together gal in the room. The "competetive crossdressing" comment is so true at times I had to laugh when I read it.

Jenna Lynne
12-17-2010, 05:06 PM
There's a fence??? (Sorry ... I'm channeling Karren here.)

sissystephanie
12-17-2010, 05:36 PM
I have said many times that I dress enfemme because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothes. Becasue of that, I dress almost every day, sometimes all day! But when I am working I am totally in drab, and this may be for several days at a time. If there is a "fence" I haven't seen it!! Nor do I care about it! I just wear what is appropiate given the circumstances!

Xandria
12-17-2010, 05:43 PM
i'm 50/50 all the way.. i have to have balance in my life.. when i'm busy with work.. i notice that after a while i start thinking about dressing and then the SO will bring it up and then we get her sister involved and then we get one of their coworkers involved and then before you know it.. we have a girls night at my place and then i start thinking about getting back into my boy clothes soon enough.. and then i watch the entire cycle repeat itself..

Alice B
12-17-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm sitting right in the middle of the fence. Both side happy with where they are, but the "boys" are a little uncomfortable.

S. Lisa Smith
12-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I love to dress as a woman, but I don't want to be one full time. I'm like a Civil War Reenactor, only I do the woman I would be if I had been born one.

Jenniferpl
12-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Some where in the middle. Both have there benefits. Probably more on the hobby side. If there is a fence, my wife would say I have jumped over to her side.

AllieSF
12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
I am a spobbiest (thanks for the new word Karren) and enjoy dressing and going out and buying too much stuff that is still waiting to see the light of day from their comfortable hiding places. However, since I seem to be buying more casual day wear like a GG would wear I am wondering if I have jumped that mystical fence and am heading somewhere further down the road. I do not bemoan my male side and activities, actually enjoy them and my male side friends and am trying to include of of those activities in my en femme world.

Misty G
12-17-2010, 08:08 PM
If there is a fence I think I must have fallen off as I always wear something femme everyday all day. Most def. not just hobby

Raychel
12-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Then who here goes over that line, and dresses as often as possible and when in male mode can't wait to get into female mode?

I think I am just over the fence to the point of while in male mode or any mode i think about being female.. and think i might like to try being fem full time.

You certainly won't be lonely on this side of the fence.

VanessaVW
12-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm right on the fence also. I just hope it's not barbed wire.

Carly D
12-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Sort of a hobby at times.. Part time dresser way back when.. I would wear panties to work because that area feels so cool when it is shaved, you know the area, and having hair growing there with nylon panties feels better than my regular male shorts.. I would also wear tights or pantyhose during the winter months and forget in the summer, but had a just as good excuse for wearing then as well.....

Debb
12-17-2010, 08:52 PM
OOOOH I like Karren's competition angle!

Currently I'd qualify as a "hobbyist" but really, I want to dress almost full time. It's not that I don't enjoy being my "male" self -- I just like to be pretty.

dilane
12-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I like to think of it more as a sport... And hobby.... Spobby!! Competitive Crossdressing... How fast can you dress... How much makeup do you own... How many pairs of panties do you have... How may times have you been pulled over by the police enfemme!! :)

Mine is How many drinks was I bought, how many dances asked :), and how few teen aged girls giggled when they saw me...

Jorja
12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
OOOOH I like Karren's competition angle!

Currently I'd qualify as a "hobbyist" but really, I want to dress almost full time. It's not that I don't enjoy being my "male" self -- I just like to be pretty.

I tried to get Speed Crossdressing entered as a competition at the 2012 London Olympics. The committee just laughed at me!!! WTF
I simply gave up crossdressing and went full time. I loved it so much I became a girl. We don't need any fences.

StacyCD
12-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, the fence is moving. I've been able to dress more and dress openly recently so compared to where I was a few years ago, the fence is in a different country!

docrobbysherry
12-18-2010, 12:08 AM
I began dressing while fantasizing and obsessing about becoming a female. That was about 14 years ago.:eek:

Then, I became obsessed about dressing all the time! Which peaked when I came out online here 3 years ago!:doh:

Now, I've become a HOBBY dresser. Altho I plan and think about my next bi-weekly dressing session often, I don't obsess about them any more!:)

I guess I've been OVER the fence and back, so to speak?:brolleyes:

So, it CAN'T be a very solid or high fence! Kind of fluid! Hence, a "FLENCE"!?:devil:

Sophie86
12-18-2010, 02:22 AM
I'll say hobby, but if you saw my D&D collection and my camping/backpacking equipment, you'd realize I take my hobbies pretty seriously. :D

zoe m
12-18-2010, 02:37 AM
For me it probably feels more natural as a part-time thing. But I would like to be out to more people and just be able to dress male or female as I feel like it, that would be ideal.

Danielle Gee
12-18-2010, 03:06 AM
I sometimes dress every day, and sometimes only once a week, and I have at times went months without dressing. I just try and go with my feelings.

My wife however treats me somewhat "Girly" most of he time (dressed or not). I don't consider myself "over the fence", but I'm sure she does.

One thing I've learned in 50+ years of CDing is to go with the flow and don't dress (or not dress) unless you really feel like it.

Danielle

DebsUK
12-18-2010, 05:42 AM
All things being equal I'd probably choose to dress and present myself as female pretty much all the time. But there are so many other things to think about: family, friends, work, the gym, travelling. The probem with CDing is that it doesn't sit well with other parts of my life. OK, that doesn't really answer the original question, does it?

As a CDer just rediscovering her femme side after a fallow few months, I'm pretty much in the hobby category for now. I need to get out more

Rogina B
12-18-2010, 06:34 AM
I have to overdress as a boy to do my work.There is a Vargas girl calender at the boatyard where I am doing a big project.As I hobble past it[stiff from contorting myself],I so much would rather be the calender girl with her stockinged legs and red heels thrown in the air..oh well,boobies get in the way of my work.. so tired of being a boy..

Tina B.
12-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Hob bier, sitting on the fence trying to keep my balance, but falling toward the girl side. I dress 3 to 4 days a week, sleep in a night gown every night. and almost always under dress. Maybe I did fall off that darn fence, but I will try to crawl back over to the otherside..................someday!
Tina B.

LindaC
12-18-2010, 10:57 AM
It's a Hobby

Sometimes 3 or 4 times a week, other times I go weeks without, but I usually underdress

suchacutie
12-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Ok, it's true that I fall into the category of living in both genders... but....

That doesn't mean, for me at least, that Tina is forgotten about when I'm drab. In fact, I just got out of the shower and between hair management, eyebrow management, eyelash management, skin management, nail managaement... you see what I mean? So sure, Tina is not my presentation 24/7, but she's changed my entire life!

:)

Debglam
12-18-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll say hobby, but if you saw my D&D collection and my camping/backpacking equipment, you'd realize I take my hobbies pretty seriously. :D

OMG! You and me both Sophie! I told my wife "hobby" when we were discussing dressing and I was reminded of my tools, books, outdoor gear, etc.
:hugs:
Debby

Tess
12-18-2010, 12:48 PM
I like to think I'm on the hobby side of the fence but I have at least a toe over the fence since I wear panties most days plus other everyday things like shinny toe nails and shaved arm pits.