PDA

View Full Version : "I'm glad you're being who you are"

LitaKelley
12-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Just wanted to share a couple things that happened this afternoon.

I went to the post office to mail out Christmas cards.. while getting back into my car, a woman approaches me and says "I'm glad you're being who you are".... Sucks that she read me, but it's nice that she accepts transgendered. :)

Next, I had to go to my bank.. All the tellers know me by face and name.. They've never seen me en femme... So, I'm smiling, walk right up to the teller, she smiles "Good afternoon, Miss. What can I do for you today"... I slide my check and account card to her "I'd like to cash this please"... she responds, again saying "miss", but then she reads my name and now looks very surprised, looks up at me, smiling, then does her bank stuff, the whole time smiling... and then wishes me a good day after she handed me my money... I so bad wanted to laugh because of the look on her face when she first looked at my check :eek::eek:

sissystephanie
12-17-2010, 05:23 PM
In the past few years I have had people, both men and women, tell me pretty much the same thing the first lady said to you. If you have read many of my posts, you know that go out dressed totally enfemme but looking like the man that I am. No wig or makeup!! The first time it did kind of startle me, but now I just smile and say thank you! I know that I am a Crossdresser, but I also know very well that I am a man. If I want to dress feminine, that is my business and nobody elses!

It would have been fun to watch the look on the tellers face!!

Starla
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Next, I had to go to my bank.. All the tellers know me by face and name.. They've never seen me en femme... So, I'm smiling, walk right up to the teller, she smiles "Good afternoon, Miss. What can I do for you today"... I slide my check and account card to her "I'd like to cash this please"... she responds, again saying "miss", but then she reads my name and now looks very surprised, looks up at me, smiling, then does her bank stuff, the whole time smiling... and then wishes me a good day after she handed me my money... I so bad wanted to laugh because of the look on her face when she first looked at my check :eek::eek:

Reminds me of a time back in my Pink Period when I had to renew my library card. At the time, my D/L carried my male image, but I also had a state ID with all the same information, but with my female image. When I presented the latter, the clerk looked at it, and exclaimed, "Wow, ...N... -- that's an unusual name for a woman!" :)

I guess I passed. (And that she didn't look close enough to see the little "M" on there....)

sherri
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I've had several people acknowledge the courage it takes to be who I am, and that meant a lot to me. Made my lower lip quiver a little bit.

Rogina B
12-17-2010, 08:59 PM
I have been told the same thing by close female friends and that means acceptance in my book..As far as bank tellers go,I use my state id card with Rogina's pic on it for ID...that gets them thinking!!

Carly D
12-17-2010, 09:03 PM
So cool.. I love this.. Miss.. Then it is.. You know.. I just like the way this feels.. Your telling of this event.. Makes me think there are people who just really don't care that you are dressed this way.. I've always said my biggest fantasy is to just do normal day to day things.. I don't have the old standard fantasy of going to a bar anywhere, and never really did like that idea.. I'm more the do everything I normally do type of girl, as it were..

Debb
12-17-2010, 09:10 PM
... Pink Period ...

Inquiring minds want to know.

Starla
12-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Inquiring minds want to know.

My introductory post (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?144991-Saying-quot-hello-quot-here-s-my-sad-and-sordid-saga.....) will explain all..... ;)

LitaKelley
12-17-2010, 10:06 PM
So cool.. I love this.. Miss.. Then it is.. You know.. I just like the way this feels.. Your telling of this event.. Makes me think there are people who just really don't care that you are dressed this way.. I've always said my biggest fantasy is to just do normal day to day things.. I don't have the old standard fantasy of going to a bar anywhere, and never really did like that idea.. I'm more the do everything I normally do type of girl, as it were..

Really, the majority of people out there don't care. I go out all the time dressed, all right here in my own town to places I always went to in drab. The thing I learned is that it's not everyone else one need worry about, but that of the self and one's own comfort level and confidence.

My first time out, I was a nervous wreck.. it took several outtings and small steps to reach where I'm at today.. I no longer worry about neighbors, nobody.. I don't care. I have yet to have any negative issues from being out.

I also don't particularly care for the bar/club scene, so getting out and doing normal human things was a must for me, although I do go to clubs twice a month to meet group members of the Sisters Groups, but were it not for that, I wouldn't be in a club for anything else

Melinda G
12-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Most people really don't care..........unless they are married to you.

Debutante
12-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Still: nice to get that support even though she read you. There is a supportive person in your community... that's wonderful!

t-girlxsophie
12-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Thats a cool thing to happen,nice of the lady to take time just to come over and tell you that,dont know why should bother you that it she read you,I think it's even nicer that the lady came over,shows that she is an accepting person

:hugs:Sophie