PDA

View Full Version : how comfertable

danielle.cd
12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
im not talking about clothing or shoes, what i want to know is how comfertable you would be talking to another crossdresser in male mode wile there in male mode,

now at first you might say yup i would be extreamly comfertable , as did i but then i got to thinking what if this person somehow outed me just by befriending them,cause i dont know how many others in the community even though while in male mode we present totaly male, know that he is a crossdresser,

would you be confurtable enough to join a secret society that by day and while at work are male but dress and meet as women at night,

would you acknowledge someone that you knew attended at night if you seen them during the day,

Kate Simmons
12-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Of course Hon. Many of my friends and I socialize both ways.:)

Melanie Bryant
12-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Absolutely...my most trusted best friends and I go out together both ways. My idea of a perfect day is for the guys to play golf, post round beers and cigars and then go shower down, paint up and hit the street for dinner and fun as girls.

Karren H
12-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I have local cd friends and we meet for lunch in male mode and chat about crossdressing and go shopping... No big deal.

Alberta_Pat
12-17-2010, 07:31 PM
I have no fears in this regards.

Kelly DeWinter
12-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm with Karren, It's very open, There's no reason for a 'secret society'

AllieSF
12-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Been there and done that. Yes, that first meeting can be an at risk situation, not so much from a personal safety point of view, but rather whether you can trust the other with your secret. To eliminate that risk I meet new people in a public coffee shop or bar and then if we hit it off we go from there as friends to be, and if not, we part with no real names on the table, no auto license plate number and maybe shared cell phone numbers. I don't meet strangers just because they ask. It has to be because I think that I may meet a new friend to share this side of me with. Just remember that the turtle does not move forward unless it sticks its neck out.

Carly D
12-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Truth is I thought about this and I can't say I would have a good feeling being around someone else.. I was just thinking about this type of situation.. The idea of being friends with another cross dresser is very appealing to me mostly to have another person to run around with that might have at least one thing in common and that is we both like to cross dress even though things might be completely different after that fact.. I did see what I thought might have been another cross dresser a few years ago in a store but he/she was dressed possibly in womens clothing or maybe not.. I have to say I wasn't ever comfortable with the idea of being seen by anyone i know though while dressed up..

sissystephanie
12-17-2010, 10:12 PM
I have met with CD's before, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. As has been said, we aren't a secret society!

Misty G
12-17-2010, 10:22 PM
No problem at all as have done that so many times.

Jorja
12-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Yes. Comfortable in all respects. We have a very diversified clientele here...parties and such....with like-minded folk. Lot's of comfortable company et al. CD's, TG';s TS's, GG's, SM's, GF's, BF's, CS's, SO's, FF;s TGF's, SC's, PP's, and OI's.....ALL are welcome to share in the festivities...year in...year out.

Wow, you got the whole alphabet in there!

docrobbysherry
12-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Before I met any, I always assumed CDs must be totally perverted, sex obsessed, misfits! Of course, I only had MYSELF to use as an example!

After meeting actual CDs, I've found they're usually nothing like me, fortunately! Except that we all dress! Seriously, the CDs I've met r ALL GOOD FOLKS!

StacyCD
12-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I haven't had too many opportunities to talk to other CDs either way. However, I don't think it would be a problem for me.

linnea
12-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Though I haven't been out with other CDs much, I would be comfortable either way--no problem. I'd rather be out en femme all the time though--lol!

Sarah Doepner
12-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I've had the pleasure to do that many times.

More interesting was the time when I was in Male Mode and talked about my crossdressing with the women running the local Pride Center where our group meets. I surprised myself with how comfortable I was chatting with people I'd never met before about my own activities. I knew they were open and accepting, but they were still strangers to me.

Sally24
12-18-2010, 12:24 AM
I have a few friends that we meet in both modes. My comfort is a little limited though. I prefer friends that know Sally only see her face so as a rule I let as few people as possible see my male mode. Just my own personal hangup.

Jorja
12-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Is there a difference? People are people, it is my business whom I chose to talk to or befriend nobody elses. If they don't like they can kiss my ***

Cari
12-18-2010, 02:01 AM
I have three requests if you see me during the day.

1: Use the name that matches how I'm dressed.
2: Dont assume everyone I'm with knows I dress [Unless Im dressed of course :-)]
3: Start the conversation with a nice neutral comment. If Im not comfortable discussing it in the setting I will politely tell you.

1: "what i want to know is how comfertable you would be talking to another crossdresser in male mode wile there in male mode"

I am much more comfortable now and was very fortunate to have people I respected from other parts of life to have that first conversation with.
If I dont know you Im gonna ask a million ?'s before we meet; and make sure we pick a spot where we both feel comfortable.
And of course if I meet a stranger out Im concerned that they will out me.

2: Would I join a secret society: yes and I have done so in the past.

Most support groups are true "secret societies" and the rule at events or gatherings has always been " what happens at ****** stays at ******".
I dont really like the "secret society" aspect of it now; but if it didnt exist I would have never taken that first step out.
So I choose to honor it and hope that the next girl who heads out will be a bit less nervous than I was.

2: "would you acknowledge someone that you knew attended at night if you seen them during the day"

As matter of respect ; I dont assume they wish to be greeted or have a conversation when in drab.
I was surprised how many hide when checking in or out of hotel when in drab, then become really open when dressed.
Some folks are really funny about this one, and everyone has their own comfort level.
Its really not uncommon for SO's to wear wigs and be in "disguise".

For a chance daylight meeting I think its safer to just to assume they aren't comfortable but dont be rude or try to hide.
I try to treat everyone like I would have wanted to be treated the morning after my first time out.
You can always e-mail them or ask next time you see them.

Dont get me wrong meeting folks you know for lunch is really fun and a great way not to feel as alone.

The only time I found it really awkward is when I wasn't dressed and they were.
I couldnt make it out one night ; but met a friend who was dressed to help her recon the town and event.
I just assumed she wouldn't be dressed seven hours early for an event. My bad
We made a good looking couple but I doubt either of our SO's at the time would have been happy.

A few awkward moments Ive had -

Dont come up and whisper my fem name in my ear and ask if its me. It's hard to explain why another man just whispered in your ear.

If you are meeting really close to someones home or work ; dont start laying out pictures of you all dressed on the table for the whole place to see.

And Ive been in the bathroom and heard someone say "Are you Cari ?"
I was looking for feet under the stalls. Really would you follow someone from say your car club into the mens room to say hi ?
I know it was the most private place in the joint but they could have waited until I was washing my hands.
They were more nervous than me - but it was definately awkward.
Didnt kill me and raised my comfort level.

Vikki Vixen
12-18-2010, 03:49 AM
I would have no issues talking to another cross dresser, although nobody knows about me what people do know is that I will not accept discrimination of any kind. So if I was seen talking with a known cross dresser who was in male mode nobody would assume I cross dressed as well because they know I am very passionate about supporting any group of people who may be viewed negatively by narrow minded members of our society.
Most people also know I have an great fondness of high heeled shoes so I have to assume some of those close to me might actually have an idea I cross dress but nobody has ever asked.

Rogina B
12-18-2010, 06:42 AM
As Seamed Nylons said..Fetish balls are great because EVERYONE IS FROM THE SAME PLAYGROUND!! No judgements from anyone..just enjoy. I have seen a few CD's that can't even handle talking about their dressing as soon as the pretty clothes come off and the drab one put on...I find that weird..

Vickie_CDTV
12-18-2010, 07:04 AM
From what others have said, I should try going to a fetish ball sometime.

Anyways, I have met other dressers as a male, and them dressed as a male or as a female. In fact, I used to interview new folks for a couple support groups I was involved with, and I always met them en drab. I always screened new folks by email and on the phone before I met them to try to make sure they were sincere. It was a risk, absolutely, but a calculated one, and I never had any problems with being outed.

Jeanna
12-18-2010, 07:20 AM
To answer the question, I would be comfortable as I see it as no big deal. However I have suggested to another local cds that we should meet out in our drab clothes for a coffee and no-one will take me up on the offer. I guess there is a lot of fear amongst us or I am just so scary without makeup !

renee k
12-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Not a problem with me either. Want to meet for lunch in Fowlerville/

Renee

lilmissjenny
12-18-2010, 10:09 AM
ive never met another cd here where i live...

NV Susan
12-18-2010, 10:48 AM
I have met and had friendships with CD's in other place I've lived over the years. Haven't met anyone since moving to Florida, but I'm sure they walk among us!!