PDA

View Full Version : What is the problem?

Veronica 1
12-18-2010, 06:00 PM
I read on here a lot of posts of people presenting themselves in thier opposite selves and not being able to go out in public even though they look fantastic. My qestion is why do you have to go for the total reversal all at once. Over the past 2 years I have been slowly femenizing my appearance and have yet to get a negative comment. I am at the point now that I wear lowrise bootcut jeans, painted nails, sidezip, lace up knee high boots w/ 2 1/2" heels, bra and small enhancers to work, (in a very redneck environment) and I have only had 3 comments. One was when my boss first noticed my painted nails and he answered the question for himself before I even had a chance to respond, to strengthen the nails, LOL; one was when our new biker welder was hired and all he had to say was You paint your nails? I said yes and nothing else was ever said; and the latest was when my co-worker noticed my new pierced ears, an hour after getting them done, and he just wondered if I had done them before.
My point is that if you want to go public or try to expand the crossdresser lifestyle then work at it slowly and people will accept you, they might think that you are wierd but they will accept you. IMHO This has been my experiance.

prene
12-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I argee with Veronica,

I went to get a bite at Wendy's and I got a few stares but only few comments.
One, The counter people were busy getting my order but but a few ladys came in after me. They noticed me when I turned around, I heard them say “looky here”. I said “Hi” they said “Hi ... I wish I had your figure like yours”. I said thanks. “It is not easy”. They all laughed and I heard one say “You can say that again”.
Most other times people were just busy with there own lives and did not care.

Karren H
12-18-2010, 07:09 PM
No one really cares what you wear!!! Not even me! :)

Katesback
12-18-2010, 08:29 PM
My opinion is that doing the gender F__k thing is not helping you one bit. It is not helping anyone but those that want to push for that third gender thing. I personally think it is best that when you present a man you should fit within the typical presentation that a man does where you live. Same applies for when you present a woman. Dont agree with me thats fine but I sure as heck would rather go out to dinner with a CD that is dressed like a typical woman or man than someone embracing the gender F__k thing.

Katie

Michelle James
12-18-2010, 08:58 PM
No one really cares what you wear!!! Not even me! :)

As long as lt's not WOMENS JEANS!!

Michelle James
12-18-2010, 09:02 PM
My opinion is that doing the gender F__k thing is not helping you one bit. It is not helping anyone but those that want to push for that third gender thing. I personally think it is best that when you present a man you should fit within the typical presentation that a man does where you live. Same applies for when you present a woman. Dont agree with me thats fine but I sure as heck would rather go out to dinner with a CD that is dressed like a typical woman or man than someone embracing the gender F__k thing.

Katie

I disagree. Everyone is different. For some, as it was with me I had to test the waters to determine if I was up to the humiliation that could certainly ensue. I started with just my toenails painted and added more fem attire as I got braver. Once I felt thaat no one cared I jumped in with both feet.

Each in his own way and in his own time, as long as they have fun and get out there if they wish.

P.S. It worked great for me. I am out there almost every day with a lot more confidence than I should but I am loving every minute, and you know what? NO ONE OUT THERE CARES!

Pythos
12-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I do the gender F___k thing everyday I choose leggings in place of jeans....just like women did when they wore pants in place of skirts for no other reason than comfort. I see no reason that I need to present as a woman when I am not one. I present as me.

so there :P

Michelle James
12-18-2010, 09:05 PM
I do the gender F___k thing everyday I choose leggings in place of jeans....just like women did when they wore pants in place of skirts for no other reason than comfort. I see no reason that I need to present as a woman when I am not one. I present as me.

so there :P

Well said. I agree 100%

Kayla Shadows
12-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Total bs that nobody cares what you wear from some members but,if you feel like being you,I believe you should do so. For me,I like putting myself dressed in the most populated place during christmas time..the mall.Wearing whatever I want and smiling as people walk by and look as they try to figure it all out.In New York,everybody seems to look. I dont know who thinks people are going to be fooled into thinking that "nobody" cares what you are wearing but, that would be a nice reality for another world.

Jocelyn Quivers
12-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Being one of those closeted members who does not go out, my reason for not doing the partial dressing thing is that I am basically a 100% one way or the other way person.

There really is no in between with me for anything which also includes my male side. I will not go out in public being only partially dressed, that's just how I am and I have no issues or problems with it.

I understand what your point is in that it might be easier to slowly build your confidence by just adding a few items at a time and if that works for you or others go for it.

I take my appearance and presentation very seriously and I myself as a person do not want to be in public or even at home just only wearing a few fem items but still basically looking male in appearance. For me that would be even more diffiult to handle then appearing as a woman even though I know I would be clocked by everyone I come across.