PDA

View Full Version : CD goals for 2011

Cari
12-19-2010, 01:27 AM
I know its not even Christmas yet; But has anyone given any thought to CD goals for the New Year. As I havent completed them for the past few years so Im keeping mine simple.

1: Get 5 new good outfits together.
2: Practice painting until I can do my right hand and eye on the first try more than half the time.
3: Learn to accesorize , jewelry and purses ect.
4: Learn to spell "accesorize"
5: Clean out the closet a bit and get rid of stuff I dont wear. I used to turn it over regularly but have become a bit of a packrat.

Thats it for now; would love to hear others.

katrinakat
12-19-2010, 01:31 AM
I like that, I might do the same!

Stephanie47
12-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Get some new fence boards to finish the repair of the fence near where I eat my breakfast and lunch starting in the early spring. Plenty of privacy on that side of the house.

suzy1
12-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Stop getting older…………..dream on.

Michelle 51
12-19-2010, 05:14 AM
My goal for 2010 was to go out as Michelle and with the help of 2 sisters on here that just happened(just made it in time i know) so my goal for 2011 is to perfect my look and wardrobe a bit.

LitaKelley
12-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Mine are :

1: Purge 80 -90% of male clothing ( have to keep some for riding motorcycle and dirty household chores/work)
2: go 24/7 starting 01/01/11
3: renew drivers license with female photo
4: start electrolysis and laser
6: start therapy
7: go on HRT
8: grow boobs

There's more goals, but I think this is a good start

AliceJaneInNewcastle
12-19-2010, 06:34 AM
A few of my goals for 2011:

* Get out on average no less than once every 5 days for the year, with at least 6 outings, including at least one daytime outing, every month,
* Sort out my sleep patterns so that I can get to bed and get up earlier instead of missing out on daytime outings because I'm too late getting up,
* Finish the weight loss that I started this year (12kg down, 8kg to go), so that I can dispense with the body shaper that I always wear,
* Wear halterneck tops and dresses for the first time,
* Go out with my own hair instead of a wig before the end of the year,
* Organise myself so that I can pack my girl gear when I travel, and do so,
* Work on my voice so that it fits my appearance,
* Maintain my nails at an (un)reasonable length and wear nail polish more often,

I'm sure that there are more but I can't remember any others off hand. :)

eluuzion
12-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Increase the vacuum pressure on my handheld brake bleeder "personal enhancement system" by at least 2 hash marks. I am pretty sure I am setting a realistic goal...time will tell.

"Present expectations are not a guarantee of future results" hehehehe

Sally1983
12-19-2010, 07:34 AM
I would love to go out somewhere as Sally, with my wife. She's ready to do this but I am not.....not yet anyway.

LitaKelley
12-19-2010, 07:37 AM
I would love to go out somewhere as Sally, with my wife. She's ready to do this but I am not.....not yet anyway.

See if there's a Tri-Ess chapter near you.. It's a great start for becoming comfortable with your self and your spouse can interact with the other spouses.. You can go in drab and get dressed there.. then at the end of the meet, change to go home.. or show up dressed.

sissystephanie
12-19-2010, 07:46 AM
I think my main goal in 2011 will be to do Cari's #5. I have way too many feminine clothes, and keep buying more. Maybe I will start my own store!!LOL

msniki48
12-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Mine are :

1: Purge 80 -90% of male clothing ( have to keep some for riding motorcycle and dirty household chores/work)
2: go 24/7 starting 01/01/11
3: renew drivers license with female photo
4: start electrolysis and laser
6: start therapy
7: go on HRT
8: grow boobs

There's more goals, but I think this is a good start

Lita, 1st of all congratulations, on your decision to transition. i'm sure you have thought long and hard to come to this juncture in your life. I pray that all your goals are met, and all in a timely fashion. i am so happy for you hun.

msniki48

msniki48
12-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Wow this has been a roller coaster year for me, and it has taken it's toll on my mind and body.

In 2011:

1] i will actually loose the weight i have been talking about loosing [ 15 to 20lbs]

2] i will purge items i no longer wear, but make me think i have a closet full of clothes, then i will start shopping for new clothes...:heehee:

3] i am going to get out of the house more as niki [ i would love to do something as simple as my grocery shopping as niki]

4] i would like to attend a conference this year. i would like to spend more than just
3 or 4 hours as me. What a wonderful way to find out if i could be comfortable for days at a time as me.

5] If i get through these goals with a smile on my face, then i will get back to therapy, as i will have moved forward from my stagnant position these last few yrs.

hugs

msniki

Pattie O
12-19-2010, 08:31 AM
1;I would like to go out dancing in a gorgeous outfit
2;have full body waxed and or lasered
3;have a make up session
4;find more time to dress and go shopping
5;accessorise!
6;meet some other cd's and have fun!

S. Lisa Smith
12-19-2010, 08:32 AM
I've already started on my goals.
1) Voice Lessons
2) Loose more weight (being sick this last 3 days has helped a lot)
3) Clean my CD closet

juno
12-19-2010, 08:57 AM
I have never done a New Year's resolution. It seems to me that if you wait for a new year to work towards something important, you are already procrastinating. Besides that, Jan 1 as the beginning of a year is completely artificial because calendars are man made. I think it makes more sense to have a winter or spring resolution.

OTOH, January might actually be a reasonable time to start a resolution because it is near the middle of winter when days are short, and people tend to get a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder. It's also a good time to take vitamin D.

Currently, I am working on losing weight. I've lost about 25 pounds in the last 6 months, and I'm aiming for another 25 by the beginning of summer. That will include bicycling for exercise. I used to bike frequently as a general transportation method, but moved where biking is not so safe, which is a big part of my weight gain. IMHO, the US could do a lot to reduce health problems just by putting in bike lanes everywhere.

Misty G
12-19-2010, 09:12 AM
I have but one goal and that is to be ME. Take that back and make it two goals add to quit Smoking before I die.

I would say let my hair grow out but I don't have any.
I could say take better care of my nails but I have acrylics so I have them done every other week.
Maybe dress more but I wear femme clothes most of the time.
Maybe I could take better care of my skin by staying out of the sun so much???? But I love wearing tank tops and shorts in the summer.

StaceyJane
12-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Lose weight
Expand my wardrobe
Get better with makeup
Electrolysis

Tammy V
12-19-2010, 09:42 AM
I have a lot of cd goals for 2011 and I do plan on it a breakthrough year for Tammy. Besides losing weight and getting better at make up and especially hair, I have told my wife that I will be dressing here at our house starting next year. We are fortunate to have a small guest house out back which is where I keep all my Tammy things and it will be nice to not have to wait for her to leave town or go away for more than a couple hours to dress. I only told her about my fem side in October, she only knew bits and pieces before that but had her suspisions, and have been working toward this moment ever since. I have have to say my ultimate goal for 2011 is getting my wife to accept and love my feminine side as well as the rest of me.

kirsten
12-19-2010, 09:58 AM
my is to dress more get better at makeup and by some new dress and hope some forms

Juliana Hart
12-19-2010, 09:59 AM
On track to retire on 12/31/11!

Steph.TS
12-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd like to go to a therapist, and bemore comfortable with who I am.

Jenna Lynne
12-19-2010, 12:13 PM
1) With my therapist's help, finally process and get rid of all those old fears that are still taking up space in my head, so that I can fully be who I am and do what I want.

2) Put together a nice wardrobe, mainly outfits that are socially appropriate, yet cute and classy.

3) Electrolysis. (Again -- did it 25 years ago, but the stubble comes sneaking back.)

4) Lose 10 lbs.

5) Start developing friendships through the nearby (but not nearby enough -- lots of driving) crossdressing clubs.

helena.gcd
12-19-2010, 12:24 PM
1) go shopping dressed
2) loose at least 12 kg
3) laser
4) buy a lot of clothes :D

suscd31
12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Loose Weight
Expand Wardrobe
Meet other like myself

JenniferR771
12-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Get along better with my wife. BRB. There had to start the laundry and take out the trash. Hopefully convince her to accept that cd isn't so bad. Maybe even convince her to let me bring some of my oufits back inside. They get so cold in the outdoor garden shed. Maybe attend regular meetings of the Grand Rapids TG and CD group.

Jill
12-19-2010, 12:45 PM
2010 has been an absolutely fantastic year for me, not only in my CD life but also in my male life. But I consider all of that to be just different sides of the same coin. Goal setting is important to me and I'm glad you started this thread. My CD goals for 2011 are:

1. Attend one or two CD conferences/events. I would like to go to Diva Las Vegas or possible Gold Rush in Denver.
2. I lost 38 pounds this year and know how to do it so I would like to lose 15-20 more. I want to get down to a size 12 and maybe even a size 10.
3. Get my own place without room mates so that I can dress at home whenever I want and also that I will be able to come and go dressed whenever I want without needing to sneak in or out.
4. Get a better handle on my spending/shopping habits. I spent way to much money on clothes this year, many of them that I didn't even really need. Hiding the hoard is becoming more and more of a challenge. If I get my own place I won't really have to worry as much about that but I don't like having a mountain that I have to haul around and hide.

renee k
12-19-2010, 01:12 PM
1. Lose weight, which seems to be at the top of everyone's list.
get down to 160. I'm 173 now.

2. Attend a couple conferences.

3. Get a nose job.

4. Expand my TG social circle, go to support group meetings.

ninapuella
12-19-2010, 01:12 PM
My goal for 2011 is to go out. I also want to stabilize myself and dress as a natural part of me. Earlier i always dressed as a frustration and it never was really good. I work to be more harmonized.

Mahoro
12-19-2010, 01:28 PM
1. Laser removal on my facial hair
2. Get rid of the 30 extra lbs. that I've somehow picked up this year (gonna be hard to give up those double cheesburgers!)
3. Attend Diva L.V., and meet in person some of the wonderful new friends I've made online
4. Quit smoking, besides the obvious health reasons, it's just not ladylike!
5. Continue the exciting and joyous adventure out into the world that has made this last year so spiritually rewarding

Sharon B.
12-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Start dressing more as the woman I feel I am.
Join a support group.
Go out more as a woman, I would like to grocery shopping as a woman and go out shopping for woman's clothes as a woman.
Let my hair grow out.
Work on losing some weight.

t-girlxsophie
12-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Only got the one,but it's BIG for me,I want to make a commitment to my Wife en femme,a blessing of some sort,we always talked of celebrating our love together as two Loving Women I want to be her wife as well as her husband,I know it wont be official in any way,and prob some will think us silly to even think of this but we both would love it to happen.Hopefully through the wonders of the net we can succeed,though at 44 I think the white wedding dress has passed me by:(

:hugs:Sophie

the_me
12-19-2010, 03:51 PM
1. Go out at least once fully dressed.
2. More cute outfits.

Mahoro
12-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Only got the one,but it's BIG for me,I want to make a commitment to my Wife en femme,a blessing of some sort,we always talked of celebrating our love together as two Loving Women I want to be her wife as well as her husband,I know it wont be official in any way,and prob some will think us silly to even think of this but we both would love it to happen.Hopefully through the wonders of the net we can succeed,though at 44 I think the white wedding dress has passed me by:(

:hugs:Sophie

Sophie,
This is one of the sweetest, most romantic ideas I've heard in a very long time, I wish you the best of luck in working out the details. And, as long as you are pure of heart it's never too late for a bride to wear white honey!

JulieK1980
12-19-2010, 07:50 PM
I have several crossdressing goals for 2011.

1. To make more time to be dressed!
Between going back to school, kids, and generally not enough free time, I think I can count on one hand how many times I've been able to dress this year.
2. To get out and about more often dressed.
Something else that has fallen by the wayside in recent time.

tamarav
12-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Mine are to practice even harder than I have before, in all areas.

DebsUK
12-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Saying as I've just got back into wanting to dress, I want to do more dressing. Go out socially. I only managed one trip out this year and that was to go shopping.

One thing I did earlier this year was try to get a more androgynous look in my daily life, so maybe try to do that, so one goal might be to be mistaken for female when I'm out en homme, but that's a bit of a big ask I think

Jenna Lynne
12-19-2010, 08:35 PM
One thing I did earlier this year was try to get a more androgynous look in my daily life, so maybe try to do that, so one goal might be to be mistaken for female when I'm out en homme, but that's a bit of a big ask I think
That used to happen to me, 25 years ago. Of course, I had long hair, long nails, and pierced ears, and carried a purse. The purse may be a big signal, but the nails and hair would help, I'm sure.

sandra-leigh
12-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I hope to start an estrogen therapy ("HRT") trial period in 2011. I already have the process under way, and everything is falling in to place for it, with the exception that my chloresterol is apparently high. I am hoping to have visible breast growth by mid-year, which is plausible with the point I am at in the process.

I would like to do at least one round of laser on my facial hair, but whether I do or not remains to be negotiated with my wife. Not in the sense that she has "prohibited" me, but she has asked me not to. I admit I am tempted to do it during the xmas break this year without telling her, but if me not getting it removed for now allows her to feel comfortable with my trying hormones, then the hair can wait. Hair is a cosmetic nuisance to me, not a matter of basic personal identity.

Sophie86
12-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Hmmm....

1. Drop another ten pounds. I've done well this year, going slowly but steadily. I've gotten into the 150s for the first time in over 15 yrs. I think I can take off another ten pounds without hurting myself, or at least get down to 150 even.

2. Go out to a club en femme without a costume event to pass it off.

3. Repeat #2 multiple times.

4. Expand my wardrobe options.

5. Continue to nurture and enjoy the wonderful relationship I have with my wife.

deebra
12-19-2010, 10:57 PM
LitaKelly, Your picture from the shoulders up show you to be young looking and quite feminine attractive. With all your planning to do in 2011 how close are you to passing 100% when being close to someone and having a conversation with them. If you are I.D.ed as a CD and not a genetic woman will it be devistating, hard to handle? Of course I wish you total success, it takes a lot of will power and guts to do the goals you have set. I'm curious?

Michaela42
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
To try and like/accept "me" more. If I can do that everything else will work out.

PretzelGirl
12-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh let's see....
1. Never fail to appreciate my family and all their support.
2. Attend Diva Las Vegas (I see the possibility of a fair local contingent going)
3. Put more effort into my local Tri-Ess group so we have a solid foundation.
4. Play with my hair more. I do play a little, but don't leave enough time to do it right.
5. Continue to work my style selections. I have surprised myself this year. I started by buying outfits that I saw in ads (if it looks good on the models...). I finished with matching my own.

Cheryl James
12-20-2010, 12:49 AM
1. To become better at makeup
2. To meet other girls
3. To stretch my personal envelope and to become comfortable doing it

If I can accomplish those things, then other possibilities will open up for me. Good luck to all of you who have, thoughtfully, responded to this thread. It is great to see where everyone is in their own personal journey.

AmberM
12-20-2010, 01:27 AM
1. shopping for a wig
2. building up my wardrobe
3. practicing makeup/nonverbal language/female mannerisms
4. me and my fiance's first girl's night out
5. buying first purse
6. ear piercing
7. social gatherings with fellow cross dressers, transgendered/transsexual women

Britney Styles
12-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Thank You. You just motivated me to make a 2011 goal list.