PDA

View Full Version : I exercise better when I'm dressed

Aleca
12-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Twice now walking around a park three blocks from my house. One thing I've noticed when I walk, I walk a great deal faster (guess you can call that fear and anxiety). Anyways got a great 30 minute cardio workout to start the day.

insearchofme
12-19-2010, 10:33 AM
What ever it takes you to get some exercise is great!

melina
12-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Now do it in some ladys cold weather tights. or capris, fantastic!

DebsUK
12-19-2010, 04:49 PM
I do lots of aerobics at my gym and I'm always so envious of the fab outfits the other girls wear. I'd love to do a class in some of their outfits. I'm not sure wearing falsies would be a good idea, though I guess it would add a little extra weight to burn off a few additional calories

Rogina B
12-19-2010, 10:53 PM
I wear female activewear...unitards,leotards,tights.etc when rollerblading or biking my daughter to school and I only get smiles...no torches and pitchforks..try it,you'll like it.

Karren H
12-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Not me.... I eat bon-bons and watch the real houswives of atlanta when I'm dressed!!!

RachelF
12-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Uhmmm ... you are giving me a good idea to encourage myself to do my daily exercises ... I will buy som fem workout clothes and see if that way I really workout more ... I need to reduce 40 pounds, not only to look more fit but for health reasons.

Kisses,

Rachel

lucidgirl
12-20-2010, 02:10 AM
I have always thought about this but somehow never got around to it. In my opinion, I would think you'd get a better workout simply because you'd be working towards a prettier goal :).

Ami
12-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Rachel, I agree with everyone. I workout in my apartment complex gym, and I wear a leotard, tights & a bra, usually with a sweater over it, until it gets too hot; then i'll wrap the sweater around my neck or waist. I've never had anything said to me. But I tell you, I've lost about 30 pounds since! My problem is that I am developing too much muscle.

Uhmmm ... you are giving me a good idea to encourage myself to do my daily exercises ... I will buy som fem workout clothes and see if that way I really workout more ... I need to reduce 40 pounds, not only to look more fit but for health reasons.

Kisses,

Rachel

Wendy W
12-20-2010, 11:17 AM
My workouts are all primarily in womens workout wear. Especially leotards for aerobics at home. It's fun & inspirational!

WW

Amanda22
12-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I love to jog at the park wearing a sports bra, unisex t-shirt, and capris. It just makes it lots more fun.

Lexine
12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't really dress when I exercise, but I do put on a feminine mindset when I do this so I can encourage myself to push even further.

prene
01-03-2011, 01:09 AM
I have gone a bunch of run/walks.
I usually wear attached forms, jog bra, and fem top, panties and tights.
All under sweats.
No wig
I guess I am just chicken being outside by myself.
I do go out longer, I love the feel of the forms pulling on my body when I run.

Persephone
01-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Definitely! You are so right -- it has to be en femme! I don't even know how to exercise en drab!

My morning walk/runs are done fully en femme - bra and forms, moderate control panties, and women's workout clothes, dependent upon the season, t's, tanks, and spaghetti strap camis in the summer, pastel sweats in the winter, etc. Hair back in a high ponytail pulled through a pastel sportscap and a dash of lipstick.

My three/four days a week workout is with my spouse at a women's exercise center, so I definitely have to be fully en femme.

After all, if we're after weight loss and a girly figure, what better way could there possibly be to keep motivated?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Val Tan
02-21-2011, 02:06 AM
I absolutely love women's sportswear too!

I recently bought this outfit for going running at night :D Nike Women's tank top and shorts :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CgESA-y0Ygs/TV3iL8dl54I/AAAAAAAAACw/gNr4PwunWKE/s320/IMG_0713_resize.jpg

I feel more motivated when I exercise while dressed too :D

Pythos
02-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I have found to do crunches, or other floor exercises while in my leggings, catsuit, or even when alone in just hose to be a really great way of getting some excercise in. I think it is once again do to the fact that unlike sweats these items do not drag along your skin, and unlike exercise shorts like the ones above, do not have the problem of flipping up and or over and doing a bit too much exposure. ;)

delia
02-21-2011, 11:10 AM
I enjoy it as well, and if I'm not up to it for the run outdoors, i'll just slip into something for the stretches at home...

Babeba
02-21-2011, 11:24 AM
... the irony of this is that for hard workouts I wear my brother's old, falling apart, ratty gym strip.

JamieTG
02-21-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't dress to pass but I feel feminine most of the time, even during exercise. I wear womens Nike running shorts on running days and girls Soffee gym shorts for lifting weights at the gym. And since my legs are always smooth shaven I do get some looks but wearing them makes me feel excited and energized.

joannemarie barker
02-21-2011, 11:36 AM
if I'm at the gym I'm in drab but if I use the treadmill at home I'm usually in a leotard and tights :)

StarrOfDelite
02-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Whne I'm on the road for business, I wear baggy sweats at the hotel/motel spa-gyms. I like to wear Black cotton/spandex shorts and sports bra when I'm going to my regular gym, or working out at home. At first, I thought that wearing breast forms inside my sports bra would make it difficult to do bench presses, curls, and other upper body exercises, but it's no problem at all. Even tho' most of the guys I work out with at my home gym are Gay, it's still kind of neat to catch them checking out my butt in the spandex. Or, is it the slightly larger than could pass for feminine bulge in the front? LOL!

donnatracey
02-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Walk regularly 4-5X a week for 60-90 mins, in drab and have gotten used to wearing some nice lipstick (not bright red!) in place of my normal Chapstick. Works quite well; sometimes mix in some eye makeup too...when it's not hot. Occasionally wear a womens exercise top and my girlie Nike walking shoes. A good incentive to get out there.....:)