PDA

View Full Version : Is crossdressing a fetish?

Stelli
08-21-2004, 01:57 PM
As for addiction poll, another question: To your belief and knowledge, would you describe cross-dressing as fetish?

And like in another thread, all views are welcome. Here is poll and thread.

Sonya Love
08-21-2004, 03:21 PM
I think it's more than a fetish. It can definitely be sexually exciting to dress, especially in lingerie and garments like that, but sometimes we dress just to relax or unwind and feel more comfortable. Some CDs dress as close to 24/7 as possible, and no one is sexually excited 24/7, so there must be more than just sex involved. It's an emotional, self-image thing.

Gabriel
08-21-2004, 03:48 PM
sometimes we dress just to relax or unwind and feel more comfortable. ...It's an emotional, self-image thing.
I second this opinion. :)

Amelie
08-21-2004, 04:17 PM
I agree with Sonya, there is more to it. I get no sexual thrills from dressing. I want the outside of me to reflect what's on the inside. In a crazy sense it's like a uniform(Oh no this could be a fetish also) portraying who you are. Very similar to dressing Goth, you want people to know who you are by your outward appearance. This is just an example of me, others might be completly different. When I dress, this is the real me, when dressed as a man, I am lying, and being false, cause that is not the real me. Unlike most girls here, I have no sexy lingere or sexy underclothes, to me those clothes seem strange and not very useful. I sometimes think as a feminist, in that sexy underclothes are just to please men. I know that some of what I say sounds distorted, But sometimes my head is distorted as well. I hope what I say makes some sense, but my little grey cells are rapidly dying and I seem to lose my thoughts.

Love Amelie

Tristen Cox
08-21-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm with Sonya and Gabriel. Not a fetish for me either.

I don't do it for thrills or cause I have to, I want to relax and look how I feel inside.

odelay
08-22-2004, 12:23 AM
I also agree, but I do at times do it for the thrills and frills :) It just feels much better to crossdress than to wear my boy cloths. Stress and anxiety levels drop a bit, and I can relax.

Stelli
08-24-2004, 11:57 PM
And if we assume that fetish doesnot have sexual conotation? What would you think?

Or can we assume that fetsih doesnot have sexual conotation at all?

Stelli
08-25-2004, 12:05 AM
I am struggling with this term to describe CDing. I understand as we all do that I come here from my own viewpoint, and this post is for personal view.

I do not seem to see magical power behind wearing clothes. Sometimes I wander do I understand human race at all. But wearing clothes and magic beats me. If I see it from the tribal view I understand it more as an art that include expression to pass the knowledge if I seek it in sexual conotation I completely fail in my experience: I simply do not understand what kind of feeling sexual fetish brings up to someone. It is obviously there, some people claim that for them it means a lot in magical or very special way. And I would like to learn what it means if it is so.

But what I see is response and reaction to expression, if there is any magic in it it would be sensing of that response.

Sara Kat
08-25-2004, 12:14 AM
No, I don't think it's a total fetish as it isn't done exclusively for the sexual thrill. Of course I get turned on when I'm wearing something sexy and girly, but I also feel a lot more comfortable when I'm dressed and I feel like I can relax a bit better.

Stelli
08-25-2004, 01:04 AM
No, I don't think it's a total fetish as it isn't done exclusively for the sexual thrill. Of course I get turned on when I'm wearing something sexy and girly, but I also feel a lot more comfortable when I'm dressed and I feel like I can relax a bit better.

Thus you believe that fetish as such has strong sexual conotation while describing CD as not falling into this description fully, just partially. Correct?

You are not only one that points that fact. Maybe the (poll) question should be re-worked to address this distinction?

Sara Kat
08-25-2004, 01:11 AM
Thus you believe that fetish as such has strong sexual conotation while describing CD as not falling into this description fully, just partially. Correct?
Yes, that's what I think. When someone says "fetish" I think of something that is done purely for the sexual rush that it gives. I know that a lot of us who CD don't do it purely for the sexual feelings. I know there is a lot more to it for a lot of us here.

Anne Charlotte
08-25-2004, 05:50 AM
I agree 100% with odelay - sometimes I dress to relax.....sometimes to feel HOT :D
I would love to dress more, and hateit when I am unable to........I have even thought of changing jobs to get more time to dress, but then, I probabaly wouldn't get enough money to fund my fetish....shoes!!

Elinor
08-25-2004, 06:00 AM
At times it's because I just find it more comfy. At times it sexy. Most of the time I love it and wish I could wear a skirt all the time because it's healthy for men to be free in a skirt. Somewhat it's a fetish and somewhat because it makes me feel good to relax at home. I would love someday to go out dressed all the way for fun.[not to hit on guys or be picked up] mind if someone finds me sexy I would feel flattered but sacred out my wits. Most of the time I just prefer wearing a skirt. to relax at home it feels right.

crispy
09-01-2004, 03:42 AM
sometimes just to relax, but often for the sexual thrill, but either way it doesn't have to end up with conventional sexual fulfillment. if I do achieve fulfilment I remain dressed, no feelings of revulsion at all.
increasingly just the dressing alone gives me a warm cuddly feeling of sexual fulfillment, without going all the way.
I think it takes years to accept the way you are.
overall though, to be honest, yes it is a fetish for me.

windycissy
09-01-2004, 08:52 AM
It's like a bell-shaped curve: On one end are those who dress only for the sexual thrill, for whom crossdressing is a fetish. On the other end are those who are so into looking and living as women that it's way more than a fetish. And for the rest of us, it's a little of both: the sexual rush we get from the dressing up is combined with the fascination and enjoyment of exploring our feminine sides.

Here is a little test to illustrate my theory: When you have an orgasm while dressed, are you bummed out afterwards? If yes, you have a fetish. If you never even get aroused while dressing, you are on the other end of the curve. For the rest of us, we love the sexual thrill, but we enjoy dressing even when we don't get off.

Maybe that's why the urge gets even stronger as we get a little older: we don't get aroused so fast and often, but we become more comfortable with our feelings with a little less testosterone in our systems. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Rachel Elizabeth
09-01-2004, 09:12 AM
A fetish is shoes, shoes, shoes!

Dressing as who I feel I really am is not a fetish. I have been able to get into conversations with other women about things that would never be discussed with a man. Yet they knew, physically, I was male but really I was female.

Sex only enters into it if you want it. I enjoy having a drink bought for me; I enjoy dancing with someone attractive; and since I am a woman at that time, a little touchie feelie and kissie, kissie is not totally unacceptable.

Hugs.....

crispy
09-01-2004, 07:45 PM
windycissy

you have encapsulated my thoughts entirely

take care

LilSteff
09-01-2004, 08:35 PM
For me, it is not just a fetish, I dress to unwind, feel good, relaxed
there's alot more to it than fetish. when I dress up at home it does two things for me .
Num 1: I get to peel away the day and feel clean and pretty
Num 2: when I'm dressed, I feel pretty, it takes the pressure of the day off of me.
Ok it's sexy too,,, I do get alittle excited wearing a nice night gown toooo.....
xoxoxoxo
Steff

Kathy B
09-01-2004, 11:44 PM
I don't think of it being a fetish. I enjoy wearing womens clothes,[especially bras and panties]. I get that special feeling deep inside of me. I wish people would not look at us when we are CDing! It's like women can wear mens clothes and people don't look at them strangly, but if we wear bras,skirts or dresses we are "eyed" at.I'm going to keep on wearing my bras and panties, and on Saturday i'm going to get myself a dress and post my picture on the web site! :)

t12117174
09-02-2004, 10:45 AM
1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
3. Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

So, if you can feel sexually satisfied without it, then it's a fetish. For some, there is a sexual side. For others there is not.

For me there is both.

I ask you this:

Is it important for you to be labeled?

XO! -t.

susanmaid
11-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I think Julie M has read my mind as I feel exactly the same way.To me to wear fmale clothing is the natural thing to do as I do most of the time and I feel distinctly unhappy when of necessity I sometimes have to wear male attire.SUSANMAID

Amelie
11-24-2004, 06:17 PM
By the way, where is Stelli? And while I am thinking of Stelli, where is Hillary Artemis? I haven't seen them for a long time.
Amelie

Rhonda Callahan
11-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Fetish...any object believed by primitive peoples to have magic power,... anything held in unresonable devotion,... in psychiatry, any nonsexual object that excites erotic feelings. Aren't women's clothes sexual objects to most men ? I have always felt that if one enjoys it, (anything), who cares what you call it ? Talk amongst yourselves. Mike Myers, SNL.

Sharon
11-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Crossdressing for me is a necessity, for now. Anytime I need to be seen as I male I have to crossdress. :confused:

It's getting to this point more and more.
Crossdressing is a lifestyle for many, while for some it's just fun and games.

Katiegirl
11-24-2004, 07:09 PM
I don't think of it being a fetish. I enjoy wearing womens clothes,[especially bras and panties]. I get that special feeling deep inside of me. I wish people would not look at us when we are CDing! It's like women can wear mens clothes and people don't look at them strangly, but if we wear bras,skirts or dresses we are "eyed" at

KathyB I think that says it all for me

DonnaT
11-24-2004, 07:14 PM
I don't either. It may be tied in with other fetishes though, and there are many. There are fetishists that need to CD in order to complete the fantasy and wouldn't consider the fetish without CDing.

Ashleigh
11-24-2004, 07:16 PM
I agree totally with Windycissy as well - and when I have to wear my drab male clothing, I am not as happy.

Georgette
11-24-2004, 08:37 PM
It's not a fetish it is OUR DUTY right girls, so lets get it on.
HUGS Georgette

StephanieCD
11-24-2004, 09:14 PM
I voted not applicable. The question referred to crossdressing in general being a fetish - it didn't ask how it was to me or anything, just in general. To me, it's a fetish - the whole tansvestic fetishism bit. To others it's a personification of the gender dysphoric feelings they have. For some its a way to relax and blow off steam. And for some its a way to get out of speeding tickets ;)

Really though, you can't really pigeon hole this one, in my opinion.

Sweet Susan
11-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Poll options were't broad enough. I don't see it as a fetish.

Nikki A.
11-25-2004, 01:54 AM
If you feel comfort in doing it then it is not a fetish. You are just expressing that side of yourself.