PDA

View Full Version : The Reason We Dress

deebra
12-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Isn't the reason we dress because we admire and want to be like or one of those young, pretty, killer-body women that we see on T.V., in the mall or at the beach. And to wear the sexy, clingy, soft, colorful, skimpy clothes they wear? When we dress doesn't it feel so good emotionally to look and be one of them or as close to that image as we can get? Just to dress isn't enough, the compulsion then is to go out in public as they do, show ourselves and be looked at and admired. Doesn't it feel so good to walk in heels in the mall, cross your legs in a straight skirt or dress, the weight, jiggle and projection of breasts pushing out the front of a sweater, showing clevage if thats possible and a beautiful feminine face and hair. I have learned that whenever you post someone is going to disagree but I do think the majority of us started dressing for the above reasons. Even if you felt female since a young age I think the goal is to be female as stated in the first and second sentence.

the_me
12-20-2010, 10:44 AM
I know I almost completely agree with you, and really wish you posted that about an hour earlier before I sent a pretty lengthy message trying to convey just that to an old girl-friend I used to live with! I think it's well put, and well within your right to speak your mind. <3

Karren H
12-20-2010, 10:49 AM
I crossdress because I'm driven to my some unknown unexplained force... Just what I have to do... I don't want to fe a female... Never have.... And I don't know why and don't care why. And I'm not going to guess as to why and makeup things to use as an excuse!!

Sallee
12-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I agree with Karen but also because it is fun. the boob jiggle is great the click clack of high heels. the looks you can create with make up it is all just plan FUN and maybe a little kinky too LOL but that is fun

Tina B.
12-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Karren said it for me too. On top of that I am not out and have no desire to be out. Contrary to what some believe, I dress because I don't have a choice, I'm miserable if I don't. But I have no interest in being seen by outsiders, I'm happy fulfilling my needs at home, with just the wife as a confidant. But I love reading about the adventures of others.
Tina B.

Emily Ann Brown
12-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Why do birds sing beautiful songs? What does the sun rise every morning???

Em

Pythos
12-20-2010, 11:03 AM
LOL, I for one could do without the "boob jiggle", or even having boobs for that matter. I just like the look of the clothes. I like the elegance, and or sexiness of them. I like how the clothing shows the body to its best (or for some worse) effects. Males just do not have this option unless they are at a night club, or on a beach, or playing some sport. Women can choose between alluring or boring. They can choose to show their legs, or hide them. Guys in most professions are forbidden to wear shorts.

I dress because I like to. No other reason. I don't dress to attract the attention of men, though as odd as it seems I do want to attract free thinking women who do not hold men to the standards that have been imposed upon us. Yes I know women are limited too, but no where near as much as men, at least in the area of presentation (I am not talking about career, or sallarie related stuff, that is a whole other ball of wax)

Karren H
12-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Why do birds sing beautiful songs? What does the sun rise every morning???

Em

Biology isn't my thing but I can delve into the planetary physics even at a level an architect can understand, Em!!! :D

Michelle Crossfire
12-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Isn't the reason we dress because we admire and want to be like or one of those young, pretty, killer-body women that we see on T.V., in the mall or at the beach. And to wear the sexy, clingy, soft, colorful, skimpy clothes they wear? When we dress doesn't it feel so good emotionally to look and be one of them or as close to that image as we can get? Just to dress isn't enough, the compulsion then is to go out in public as they do, show ourselves and be looked at and admired. Doesn't it feel so good to walk in heels in the mall, cross your legs in a straight skirt or dress, the weight, jiggle and projection of breasts pushing out the front of a sweater, showing clevage if thats possible and a beautiful feminine face and hair. I have learned that whenever you post someone is going to disagree but I do think the majority of us started dressing for the above reasons. Even if you felt female since a young age I think the goal is to be female as stated in the first and second sentence.

i only wish i had a body like that, male or female. but i don't. i am built like a quarterback and my job has its physical demands. so no chance of that happening anytime soon. not at my age anyway. I like the wearing of the heels and makeup. wigs and dresses only complete the look. i do it more for stress relief and because it is something different. The feeling of the boobs is quite nice. I have little desire to go out en femme right now. maybe in the future, but for now, i am content with what i have now. Plus, my SO is quite supportive of it, so that is a big plus.

ninapuella
12-20-2010, 11:28 AM
The reason why i started to dress is a mystery because nothing at all in my environment pushed me into it. It was like i was driven into it from an unknown power. Its ironic, in male-mode i dont know at all what i like and how i should behave and what clothes i should wear and so on. But in female-mode all that just comes automatic. I dont even have to think about it. So i guess i dont have a choice.

Sarah Doepner
12-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Mallory tried to climb Mt. Everest "Because it was there." People accept that kind of explanation for a dangerous, expensive, time-consuming challenge. Crossdressers are expected to delve into our psychology, provide a list of exposures to everything from base metals to DDT to cosmic radiation and discuss our relationships with our fathers and it's still not accepted if we say "Because I enjoy it."

What's with that?

Gerrijerry
12-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Since I have dressed from a very young age. I still feel it is just correct for me to dress that way. It has nothing to do with being taken for who knows how long by these strange creatures in a flying thing.

Tasha McIntyre
12-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I dress because it feels right, it's an expression of who I am. It's also great fun wandering around a busy shopping centre, mixing it up with the other punters.

I turn into quite the misery guts if I don't get to dress for a while :(.

I crossdress because I'm driven to my some unknown unexplained force... Just what I have to do... I don't want to fe a female... Never have....

That just about sums it up for me really.

Tash :)

Cheryl James
12-20-2010, 02:08 PM
I have tried to figure it out for most of my life. Very, very complicated calculus is a breeze for me to do, but answering the "why?" question is unfathomable. But, as you said, it feels good! And, that is enough for now.

Tess
12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
I've never given the reason why much thought. Its fun and that is good enough for me.

suchacutie
12-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm very comfortable with the "why". The "how" is getting more comfortable every day, harder that it is.

I guess I'm lucky in this regard. I will never be a fashion plate, although my body is mostly forgiving and looks rather good in a runched top and skin-tight jeans. However, that's not the point. I also feel just as comfortable is a rather less shaped black dress that I've owned now for a number of years.

The point, very simply, is that this feminine part of me existed for 55 years before we (my wife and I) acknowledged her. It seemed completely obvious that the only way to understand her is to let her build a life for herself! That's exactly what we are doing. It is a fascinating adventure to see one's self from that perspective. We've come to enjoy Tina, and realize that she is an important part of that combined creature who existed for those 55 years. Fascinating, exciting, fun, informative, and, now, a part of our lives.

tina

Karinsamatha
12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I am compelled to dress. I don't know why nor do I really care. I can how ever say that I feel less and less correct as a man. To the point where it is starting to make me miserable when I don't for even as short as a week.

VanessaVW
12-20-2010, 03:55 PM
I have to agree with Karren. I can't explain it either, no matter how many years I've tried to think things through. Countless re-accuring dreams about being dressed. Never in an inappropriate way (I wish I had the nice clothes that I dream I wear!!!) All that I can truly say is that it must be a part of my personality or I'm wired that way or something.

Alice B
12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
I agree with your reasons also.

Rianna Humble
12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I will address your last point first - yes I am going to disagree because whilst what you suggest may be true for some it is not universally so.

Yes, I like and envy some of the clothes I see other women wearing - especially those who are about half my age (or less) and have the figure to flatter the clothes. No, that is not the reason why I dress.

When I dressed in secret - before I finally admitted to myself who I truly am - I was not trying to become a woman with a killer body (I knew that to be impossible), I was merely dressing to feel at ease with myself.

When I started to admit to myself that I am transgendered, I dressed to try to shame myself into becoming a man so I was still not trying for a killer body.

Yes, I go out in public - but not in order to be admired. I go out because that is what a woman does.

I don't know how great a beautiful face feels - I'm having enough difficulty accepting that mine might be pretty rather than just plain ugly.

Yes, my goal is to be female, but not for the reasons you give in your first two sentences. My goal is to make my outer self match my inner being.

I dress because I am a woman - and like every other woman on this planet, I want to look my best and if in doing that I get compliments, so be it; but I doubt that the sort of clothes I wear to work come anywhere near being skimpy or sexy.

Lexine
12-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Being en femme isn't really something I do because I admire women a lot, but more along the lines of this is a part of me that completes me as an individual. It took me a while to realize that my CDing was more than just being a girl and I'm glad to have quite a bit of understanding of my situation and myself as an individual.

Lorileah
12-20-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't dress to emulate, I dress for me. I like the clothes I like the make-up and I like how I look when it all comes together (which hasn't been recently :)). I agree with Karren, I don't why I do it, I just like doing it. Being a CD is sort of like being a GG when it comes to looks though. All those "Killer" bodies are locked away somewhere and are not the norm so it would be very hard to look like them. I just want to be pretty to me....Ok and some other people...Ok everyone I just want everyone to fawn over me....is that so wrong?

the_me
12-20-2010, 06:14 PM
I suppose I could expand on my initial reply about the parts I do mostly agree with:

There are quite a few women I admire and for various aspects of body and mind, and the clothing (I am especially fond of short skirts), just to wear it brings out all sort of emotions I never new existed in me. Even when just wearing some panties under my male clothes, it gives me a burst of energy and seems to throw me instantly into a good mood all day. Were I able to stay dressed 24/7, I'd likely not leave my room and just wallow in sybaritic pleasure! A great focus for me is the comfort and aesthetics of the clothing I wear.

I can't agree with the parts about going out in public and the breasts... having neither gone out in public (yet) nor breasts :(

And I'll add that normally, in male mode, I tend to get pretty depressed. It's always easy enough to put on a happy face and go out to face the work day, but when I know I'm going to work and will come home and the house will be empty that day, and that I get to dress up and walk around the house a bit... it is pure pleasure just thinking of it and seems to make the day fly by.

I suppose there is only a degree to which it can be explained. I know for me there were many influences on television especially, being a big comedy and animation fan... I suppose dressing itself does have a strange allure to it that cannot fully be explained.

Although all that said, if I just had the freedom and confidence to dress whenever I wanted, in whatever I wanted, with a couple good local and online friends to dress with, or go out with... I would probably be the happiest girl in the world... and even then... I'd be thankful for just one good friend.

Alice Torn
12-20-2010, 08:04 PM
The-me, I wish i had known of you a year ago, when i flew to Cakgary twice, to go to Banff. We could have met up. Maybe another time. I don't know all the reasons i dress. It does complicate things, and isolates me, in ways i really don't like. Sometimes after a session, when out in drab, i sometimes sense people know! Crazy. I would sure like to go out again, but pick my outings very cautiously. I would love to show off my legs, and lady clothes out in public, more, but we live in a very tense, dangerous society.

Chiana
12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
I have never been able to pin point any reason for dressing. I just want to. I wanted to do girlie things long before I was ever aware of any fashion models or movies stars or any exotic person to idolize or imitate. It is just part of who I am. Today, I may try to imitate a particular look that I really like. But when I was a child I was only aware of the other girls in my neigborhood.

deebra
12-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I've read all the threads so let me try again and see if we all agree on this, It feels right and so good.

Enchanting
12-20-2010, 11:23 PM
I dress because I LIKE IT! I like the heels, nylons, panties, bra, make-up...everything. I like it because these things are sexy to me and I like to feel sexy.

docrobbysherry
12-21-2010, 12:33 AM
I dress to look like a hot young woman, YES! Which in MY case, requires a LOT of creative imagination! Do ladies clothes feel good, YES!

But, why would I want to go OUT in public and have my pretty, imaginary, fem self image dashed to pieces over and over again? The clothes don't FEEL any different dressed in private. In fact, in my case, they feel BETTER when I'm completely safe and comfortable! Instead of feeling scared crapless, like I have when I've been out dressed!

Patty B.
12-21-2010, 04:05 AM
You can also put me into the "just driven to dress, dont know why or what drives this" its just something I have to do.

Emma England
12-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Birds sing to attract mates.

The sun does not rise, but the Earth is spinning instead.

I started crossdressing with panties because I though that men's underwear was disgusting (big baggy y-fronts are uncomfortable and embarrassing).

Womens clothing has a lot more choice.

What does a typical man do?
Day 1: I'll wear a shirt and pants
Day 2: I'll wear a shirt and pants
Day 3: I'll wear a shirt and pants
Day 4: I'll wear a shirt and pants
Day 5: I'll wear a shirt and pants
Day 6: I'll wear a shirt and pants
Day 7: I'll wear a shirt and pants

Oh, this is too repetitive!

Why not have a bit of variety and wear a blouse and skirt?

Mary Jane
12-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I am also compelled to dress. I have never tried to explain it, I just enjoy and have fun with it.

Anne Elizabeth
12-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Until I really spent time thinking why I dressed I think sometimes I did feel like the first two sentences. However, deep down the reason I dressed and still do is because I am driven to be a woman. Actually, I believe when I started cross dressing the reasons were because I wanted to be a girl. It just feels right to me. It is who I really am. I used to say it was a stress buster and it did relieve stress but, in all actuality the stress it was relieving was my deep down desire to put my outside in line with my inside. The truth of the matter is that I feel that I should have been female and I am not and sometimes I feel that I missed a lot by not growing up female. It is just me and I am thankful for a very patient wife that is helping me through my discoveries. (God Bless Her!!!) I also relate to what Rianna Humble worte also.

Rianna Humble
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Until I really spent time thinking why I dressed I think sometimes I did feel like the first two sentences. However, deep down the reason I dressed and still do is because I am driven to be a woman. Actually, I believe when I started cross dressing the reasons were because I wanted to be a girl. It just feels right to me. It is who I really am.
I also relate to what Rianna Humble wrote.

Thank you. You are very kind to say so. I sometimes think that MtF cross-dressers actually have almost as much difficulty understanding transsexuals as cisgendered folk. Despite that there is more that unites us than there is to divide us. I think this thread is a good example of a CD trying to understand both their own situation and their TS sisters' and for this reason believe it to be a very positive discussion.

Maria_1969
12-21-2010, 01:34 PM
I been wondering for a long time as to why... I just know I am a royal bitch if I do not. lol

sissystephanie
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
As I have said many times before, I crossdress simply because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing better than that of mens clothing. I have no desire at all to be a woman, although in the past my late wife could really make me look like one!! I just love to wear the feminine clothing!

To answer Emma's little treatise:......... if I am not out selling, I am most likely wearing a skirt and blouse ( or maybe a dress!) at least 5 days out of a week! Like I said, I like to wear feminine clothing!! And BTW, I wear that clothing as a man, no wig or makeup!

charlie
12-21-2010, 04:12 PM
What strikes me as odd is that few of us have or know a real reason for dressing at all.....only we have to or are compelled to. All of the loving the clothes, love the look and love going out as a woman are true, but the real reason must be in all of us as well. It must be that we are transgendered to some degree and this is just who we are and how we were made.

Rita C.
12-21-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't why I dress. Oh, yes I do, my mother locked me in her closet for being bad, and when she let me out I wanted back in.