PDA

View Full Version : The most meaningful comment you have received

LeannL
12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
There is a thread going on the nicest compliment we have received. I tried to hyjack it but I think we should start another thread.

What is the most meaningful comment you have received? I refer to the one that made you cry tears of joy or to cause you to think about yourself for a while in order to understand what it meant to you or one that made you think of yourself in a more favorable light.

Here is the one that comes to me immediately:

On a Sunday morning about 8 years ago in Battle Creek MI I went to Mass en femme. After going to church, I went to an Old Country Buffet for breakfast. I got read which bothered me a bit back then but, hey, I was hungry. I finished and had just walked out the door when this young lady came running after me yelling at me to stop. She came up to me and gave me a big huge and said "Thank you for being who you really are." I nearly cried a bucket right there. I don't know where she was coming from. She was a woman of color which may be the source of her understanding. On the other hand, she could have been a member of the GLBT community or had a friend that was. At that time, I realized that some people appreciated my "courage" in going out dressed. It made me appreciate the fact that I was free to do so and God gave the courage to do so. I will never forget that moment with that young lady and it is part of the reason I go out dressed and encourage others to do the same.

So what is your story?

Leann

patti.jean
12-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Leann,

That is very interesting about your experience in Battle Creek. When I was dating my wife she was living in Battle Creeks, this was four/five years ago. Some times Patti was able to go and a few times we went to mainstream restaurants. I had a great time.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Hugs,
Patti

Kathi Lake
12-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Leann,

Since my memory really, really sucks (at least I think it does. I can't remember), my favorite comment is usually my last. I'm not saying that I exist for compliments, or that my entire personality is propped up by compliments, but let's be honest here, they sure do help! :)

One of the most meaningful ones may have simply been a matter of inclusion. I don't remember the circumstances, but someone said, "Oh, she's with us" or "She's one of us" in reference to me while in a group of other women. It wasn't a mistake. It was a conscious effort on her part to let others know that what she saw in me happened to be the same thing I see in myself.

Kathi

LeannL
12-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Patti,
Did you ever go to TriEss in the Lansing area? I was going for about 2 years ending about 6 years ago.

Kathi,
I know what you mean by inclusion. If you read my other recent post about last weekend, one of the reason I went to the "Lesbian Power Lunch" was to feel like I was among a group of welcoming people other than CDs (nothing wrong with CDs but there is a wide world out there.) It is a great feeling.

Thanks for the comments Patti and Kathi,

Leann

Vicky_Scot
12-21-2010, 07:18 AM
You make a better looking woman than you do a man.

I took it as a compliment.

Cari
12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
I think it was just "Hello" the first time I was out.

Sarah Doepner
12-21-2010, 11:09 AM
It had to be when my wife told me to get my nice things out of that duffle bag in the basement and put them on hangers in our closet.

Kelly DeWinter
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
"Are you going to wear THAT ?"

nancigirl
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
From my wife, as i was about to leave for a long weekend enfemme trip: "Gosh, that skirt is awfully short!"

Nicole Brown
12-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi Leann,

The most meaningful comment ever made to me was from an older woman who was working as a cashier at a local supermarket. My wife was away visiting family on the west coast and I was in the 4th or 5th days of living full time as Nicole. I was on my way home this evening and stopped to pick up something for dinner. After running through the store and finding everything I needed, I proceeded to the front to check out. I selected the shortest line and waited for 2 or 3 people who were ahead of me.

As I approached the register, this lovely woman paused and looked at me. She then looked me up and down and said to me 'my dear, you are beautiful', it just made my day. I will never forget her kindness or understanding

patti.jean
12-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Patti,
Did you ever go to TriEss in the Lansing area? I was going for about 2 years ending about 6 years ago.

Leann

I never did go to the TriEss in Lansing. It has only been the last four years that I been going out to events and meetings. But we may have some mutual friends through some ladies you may have met at TriEss during that time.

Patti

Daintre
12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
A comment from my ex who at the time was doing my makeup, she said my eyes were so pretty and she wished hers were as nice...not much, but sure gave me a boost.

Sophie86
12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I had not dressed in about 7 yrs. One of the main reasons I stopped was that I had become disillusioned with the way I looked. I had never put in the effort required to achieve a femme look--I didn't even have a wig--and I had decided that there was nothing I could do to be passable.

Then one night I was talking to a friend, and mentioned to her that I used to think it would be fun for my wife and I to go out on Halloween with her dressed as a guy and me dressed as a woman. She picked up on the idea immediately, and asked if I was a CD. I admitted that I had been, and told her why I had stopped. I told her that I didn't think I could ever look like anything more than a guy in a dress. She insisted that I was wrong and that with the right wig, makeup, & clothes, I could look quite good. Her saying that is what made me decide to return to crossdressing and invest more into it this time.

stefanie
12-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I was asked if I was a real girl when I was out at a bar.....i think he really meant it because this bar was really a mixed bar... tg, gg,

BOBBI G.
12-27-2010, 03:07 PM
About 6 months ago I went to a gg cousin-in-laws house, forgetting I was totally dressed. She had heard about my proclivity and when she opened the door all she sidi was " you're really pretty." I then realized I was dressed in a skirt and blouse and looking at someone who really cared about my feelings.

Bobbi G.

Detroit Molly
12-27-2010, 04:06 PM
I went into Noir Leather in Royal Oak one of the first times I dressed in public, and the woman working there took one look at me and said, "Oh, hey! Nice...oh, wait. You're not her. You look just like a friend of mine!" So, for about ten seconds right at the beginning of my crossdressing, a stranger mistook Molly for another woman. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Tasha McIntyre
12-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I was being kinda stalked by a guy one afternoon at the shopping mall. After picking his moment he wanders up, looks straight at me and says "you know.....I wish I had your courage"

The other comment I will remember forever was from my rather distressed wife, after seeing my photos for the first time (I invited her to look whenever she felt ready). She was silent for the longest minute then said in a small voice "you look like a full on female". I admit to getting a bit choked up to reply straight away.

Tash :)

Joankristy
12-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Just after I came out of the closet I went into a woman's clothing store to ask the sa what would look good on me. I chickened out because there was two other women there at the time so I walked back outside and waited for them to leave. After they left I gathered my courage up and went and asked the woman SA what would look good on me. She led me around the store and proceeded to explain what would look good on me and the right colours. After we where done with that she said something which will stay with me for all time. She said that it was finally nice to meet a man that was going through the same problems as women do about choosing the right clothes and colours. I though that was a mind blowing thing to hear after I came out!!!

Sheren Kelly
12-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I offered to drive a woman friend to her Aunt's for dinner. Once we arrived, she insisted I join them for the evening. During dinner, the old Aunt asked me about my husband (?). When I said I was never married, she asked "'how that could be; I looked so pretty". I was beaming for the rest of the night!

docrobbysherry
12-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Boy! Was THAT a wake up call!:eek:
And, I read it HERE!:brolleyes:

Sherry's been TRYING HARD to maintain THAT STANDARD ever since!:heehee:

Sally24
12-27-2010, 10:41 PM
I find that when first talking about being a cd with someone, they really need pictures to understand. My wife had told her best friend a few months before, but no graphic aids. When my wife went to visit her again I sent pictures with her. Her friend took a look and said "My god, he's beautiful. No wonder you're jealous!". And my wife was kind enough to relay this comment to me as soon as she got home.

Emme
12-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I like to get dressed and stand in front of my wife. I say"How do I look?" Month or so ago, she said, " you look like a well dressed woman!"

I went shopping the next weekend! I got good reviews from the Sa and the public! Wow. life is good!

Jacqueline Vasquez
12-28-2010, 02:42 AM
Ive been told i look really hawt. I think the best compliment, from several people was: "Wow, u look great as a man and a woman. It's hard to pull that off. U either look good in one, and not so good in the other." I thought that was cool.

Shari
12-28-2010, 06:36 AM
It was just two days ago as I came out of the bedroom wearing my new top and earrings. They were Christmas presents from my wife.

She looked at me and said "Wow!" Then did a double take, looked at me harder and said "Wow!" again.

Not only accepted, but admired. The most wonderful feeling I ever had when dressed.

Anneliese
12-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Nobody has seen me dressed (so far) except you people here in my pink outfit. However, at work a male customer once complimented me on my "great figure" (it was an unusual comment to say to a man, but I took it as a compliment :-), and a woman once complimented my "sexy legs".

Jill Devine
12-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I can think of two examples actually.
First was when my sister in law saw me dressed for the first time. She said, "wow but you actually make a very attractive woman!"
Second example (but on different occasions when i used to go out) was when I was told I look similar to Shania Twain. Now I know I don't, but still an awesome compliment.

Christy_M
12-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Today I saw my shrink en femme. She made two comments which, given her profession, I´ll take with a grain of salt but still quite meaningful...

"Wow, you look much better than I would have thought." I really didn´t ask what she had thought.

Ten or so minutes later, "you look really great, you could pass."

Then I proceeded to talk about what a train wreck I am. As I was leaving she told me again that I looked good and that I should enjoy my planned night out with the gyrls tonight.