PDA

View Full Version : Told a Friend Today

Jenna Lynne
12-20-2010, 09:25 PM
This morning I went out for coffee with a woman friend whom I've known for a few months. We have a certain amount in common. I was thinking of telling her about being transgendered, but wasn't sure, so I thought I'd wait and see how I felt.

After an hour or so of chatting about this and that, I did tell her. We talked about it for a while, then went on to talk about other things. At the end of the coffee (which lasted for two hours) she told me something very personal about herself.

I've known for a long time that for many women, it's no big deal. (I mean, they wear women's clothing all the time!) Or maybe I'm just fairly smart about choosing who to talk to, that's possible too.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that. It feels good.

Krysta
12-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Cool! glad it was a positive experience. I think your good experince will help others to consider coming out. Its always nice to hear these stories! thanks for sharing!

AKAMichelle
12-20-2010, 10:58 PM
The best part is that you no longer have to watch how you act or what you say around this woman.

Paula Siemen
12-21-2010, 09:18 AM
So...did she want to see how you look enfemme? Is she willing to meet you for coffe when you are dressed. We want to know much more.

Sara Jessica
12-21-2010, 10:09 AM
I've known for a long time that for many women, it's no big deal. (I mean, they wear women's clothing all the time!)///

Yeah, no big deal unless they are either dating or marrying one of us!!!

Tasha McIntyre
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah, no big deal unless they are either dating or marrying one of us!!!

Spot on Sara Jessica, its the NIMBY effect (Not In My Back Yard).

the_me
12-21-2010, 11:08 AM
I thought I'd piggyback on this thread rather than start a new one with the same title as I told a friend yesterday, although via facebook sadly, but she is overseas and I had no real choice.

It was a friend I have known for about 10 years now, we lived together in a shoebox of an apartment in Tokyo for a year even (thinking back, her sheer amount of j-pop loving femininity from that time really has rubbed off on me). I wrote it as "Great News!" and then went into detail of said news... when I started, stopped, started again... laid out my feelings and hit send.

The near 24 hrs it took for a response had me go from so happy I finally told someone I know for the first time, to wondering what her response would be, to how I'd tell her to "go to hell" should she just laugh and insult me! THANKFULLY the reply came about 4am today and was nothing but supportive and encouraging... even promised that when I go to visit her next year she'll take me out to Harajuku in full dress (already looking at high school girl uniforms online <3 ) and take lots of pictures! But that moment I hit 'send', I swear my heart had stopped completely as thoughts of the worst scenario came rushing into my mind. It was dreadful.

Jenna, in the moments right before you decided to bring up the subject, and the (seconds?) before your friend's reply, did it feel like your heart had completely stopped too? That feeling of "maaaaybe I shouldn't do/have done that?"?