PDA

View Full Version : Do you crossdress in front of your family and do they accept you enfemme?

seanmuscle
12-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Would you ever quit for the sake of your loved ones?

StaceyJane
12-21-2010, 01:13 AM
My wife doesn't want to see me crossdressed but my daughters are okay with it. I just posted a thread about spending some time with my daughter and her husband while dressed.
Honestly I don't hink I could quit now.

AmandaM
12-21-2010, 02:18 AM
My wife accepts completely. I couldn't quit anyway. Too much stress.

Rogina B
12-21-2010, 06:12 AM
My wife and 9 yr old daughter accept the fact that Roger enjoys being Rogina a whole lot more than presenting as Roger. However,I have to accept ALL of the downsides to presenting as a female such as "NO I am not ready! I haven't finished doing my,hair,makeup,picking an outfit,etc" lol Or my wife saying" you hate to be rushed when YOU are doing YOUR makeup!!" And I agree..I don't mind clothes purchases the way so many guys do..I could never hide Rogina,she is a complete character.

eluuzion
12-21-2010, 06:18 AM
I have never started crossdressing in front of my family. You have to start something before you can "quit" doing it, right? So my answer is "no" and "N/A".

Yes, I would do anything or quit anything if it was in my daughter's best interest. As far as CD goes...that is a decision I will never have to make. My total family is a mom, sister and daughter. Daughter is the only one closer than 1200 miles away. I have lots of problems to face before I "PASS", but that will not be one of them....lol

Love that term "pass", who came up with that gem of a term for dying anyway?? Sounds like a movie scene from a ghost plot movie...or NFL game...that's what I will do in the end...fake to my full back...fade left and PASS to my tight little END...touchdown!! lol

:love:

Karren H
12-21-2010, 06:23 AM
No, no and my wife told me I couldn't quit if I wanted to and she's right. She didn't ask me to either.

Georgia Rose
12-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Dress in front of my wife all the time. If home on a Saturday night and not dressed she asks me why not. Have 2 sons and they know nothing of my dressing and I'll keep it that way. Don't think I could stop if I wanted to. It's just part of me now.

Jill M
12-21-2010, 07:04 AM
I put my panties on in front of my wife, but so far that's as far as I can go. Not sure how she will react fully dressed. Hopefully, one day I will get fully dressed while she is in the room.

Could not quit, I would be missing something that I enjoy immensely.

Sally1983
12-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Yes, I dress in front of my wife, just the clothing - no make up or wig......oddly enough she's more comfortable with it than I am as I am still a bit self conscious. It's a wonderful feeling I gotta say, having such a supportive wife :)

I don't think I could quit dressing, but if it did get too much for my wife to handle I would have no problems keeping the dressing to myself.

VS Fan
12-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Definitely not... wife doesn't want to see it at all. She can deal with seeing me with tights on, as long as jeans are forthcoming... but thats about as far as I have pushed it. I know I can't "quit", but I would (and do) hide it in a big way from the family (even though the wife knows of course).

VS Fan

Maria_1969
12-21-2010, 10:08 AM
No Way... My SO, yes, but no one else.... I have had several relationships with accepting SO's, I tell them in 30 days time, and they can take it or leave it. The woman I am with now, I have been with for 3 years and if she decided that wearing pantyhose or skirts start to bother her, she will find herself single again.

Maria

22skido
12-21-2010, 10:43 AM
I have come out to my family. I am 59 and have been fem my whole life. I finally decided it was time to be myself so I told my wife and 3 kids (all grown). My wife left and 2 of my children won't talk to me but I am still committed to being melissa. I am at peace with myself and am happy.

Tasha McIntyre
12-21-2010, 10:51 AM
My wife knows everything so I don't have to hide clothing or makeup etc but she does not like it one little bit. I've been home alone a couple of times recently when she has come home unexpectedly and sprung me. That's when I get "THE LOOK".

So, to answer the questions....

1. No
2. Emphatic no
3. No, I don't think I could quit. I spent too many years repressing and fighting my true feelings to have them boxed up and nailed shut again.

Tina B.
12-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Just me and the wife, and yes many days a month she will come home from work to be met by Tina. I dress at least 3 to 4 days a week. 32 years ago I told my wife about my dressing, I told her at the time, if she could not deal with it I would understand, and we could part friends, but I knew then I could not or would not stop, and was not going to spend the rest of my life living a lie.I believe both people in a relationship have to be able to find happiness or it can't work, and without dressing I know I can't find happiness. I was lucky, my wife accepted it the first day that she knew about it.
Tina B.

Sarah Doepner
12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
My wife is comfortable with my dressing en femme but we haven't shared this with anyone else in the family yet.

I doubt that I could quit, but if my wife asked I wouldn't dress when or where she would see me.

Ruth
12-21-2010, 12:12 PM
There are two questions. First, my wife is the only one in the family who has seen me as Ruth. She is accepting but not enthusiastic. Her main concern is that she doesn't want the children (both grownup) to find out.
As to would I quit, I don't think I can, so I hope the ultimatum never comes.

LitaKelley
12-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Just my wife and daughter.. Haven't had the opportunity to be dressed in front of other family members, yet... but no, I have no intentions of being dressed in front of certain family members for the time being, and no, I would not quit, if I even possibly can without falling apart, for ANYONE except my children. My kids are the ONLY ones that really matter to me... I'm fortunate that my wife is accepting, but were she not, she could take a hike for all I care

t-girlxsophie
12-21-2010, 12:26 PM
My wife is fully supportive,and my stepsons (well 2 of 3)that stay with us know Sophie,the boys now 16yo knew that their mums new bf dressed up in womens clothing,we waited a while before introducing Sophie in person to them and they reacted well so now they dont have any negativity to her,we get along great and I can't think of any reason why I would,or even could stop

:hugs:Sophie

Emily Ann Brown
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
I did counselling to quit and save the marriage. Didn't work. Ex saw me one time. Was a nuclear event.

My kids know thanks to my Ex. My youngest daughter took me shopping, and clubbing. The others kids want not to do with Em.

Em

KarenCDFL
12-21-2010, 12:55 PM
My wife is fully accepting so the answer is a 100% Yes!

patti1569
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM
I just recently started dressing in front of my wife again. I told her that I was a CDer about 14 years ago right before we got married. At first she wanted me to dress around her, then didn’t want to see it, then demanded that I stop. I did stop (mostly) for about 13 years. This year she said that she was wrong to make me stop and wanted me to start again. I think right now, I am more uncomfortable dressing around her than she is seeing me dressed. She loves watching me walk in high heels. I try to really strut my stuff for her so it’s a lot of fun! If she asked me to I would stop again, but with great difficulty.

Lexine
12-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Not really. I don't see the point in me outing myself to my family. My friends have been ridiculously accepting of it and I'm thankful for that.

Bootsiegalore
12-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Wife and Kids know and accept me. I do not think I can quit. All my not work time is Rachel time (almost)

Rachel

sue1965
12-21-2010, 01:49 PM
My ex expanded my CDing from panties, bra's and nighties to what it is now. Although my boys do not know, My 23 year old daughter does and encourage's it. She also tells me if something I am wearing doesn't match. As for my brother's, sister's and other relatives, They know about it but don't care to see me dressed up. The sister (and her 20 & 22 year old daughters) who's clothes I started wearing have seen me and are understanding about it. As I have a bad back so painting my nails is difficult, they have offered and done my nails in many shades over the last year or so.

Roberta Marie
12-21-2010, 02:09 PM
My wife knows, accepts and supports me. Our 5 kids, ages 32 - 19, all know, and some are supportive, some tolerant, and others in denial. No extended family know, and until we (my wife and I) decide that there is a need for them to know, we have no intention of telling them.

Grace,
Bobbi

Katrina red nails
12-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Don't think, no i know, i couldn't quit. 2nd wife left over it. Something she said made me out myself to my 3 sons. Very mixed reactions. 1 fully accepted immediately 1 accepted - wasn't keen but now sits chatting to me while I am dressed. Both these two in their 20's. Youngest at 18 definitely disapproves but accepts my freedom to do it. Current SO 100% supportive encouraging everything. She buys me so many clothes its amazing.

Salina
12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
I do not dress in front of my family....wife has seen me in lingerie a few times. She is starting to open up to the idea of my dressing in front of her, but I am taking it VERY slow. We have two young daughters and I do not want to expose them to it yet. I do encourage them to be openminded and accept people who are "different" from the norm, so maybe one day when the are older. I just came off a 3 1/2 year stretch of not dressing and am in the pink fog right now so it's difficult for me to envision quitting...have tried that numerous times and have always come back.

sami1952
12-21-2010, 02:34 PM
I dress up in front of my wife and younger sister,they both understand my desires about wearing women's clothes.

Mandy
12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
You and me both on that score Tasha about "THE LOOK" & silent treatment, had a parcel delivered to me this this morning from JDWilliams, only a couple of bras mind, got a phone call from gf "your parcels come" end of conversation, as though she knows whats inside.

Some SO's should have signed up to the SS or the Gestapo:heehee: the way they carry on. I know she goes through my stuff as if I'm hiding summat, she must think I fell out of the last xmas tree & that I wont notice.
Yes she knows I dress, I have even asked, "whats the problem" would you rather I do drugs or rob OAP's xxx

Summat = something
OAP = Old age pensioners

sissystephanie
12-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I crossdressed in front of my late wife for the almost 50 years we were married. My children never knew I was a CD until last year, when I finally told them. They are O.K. with it, but do not want to see me dressed. My dear wife and I had agreed to not tell them when they were very little, and of course I never dressed when they might see me. My late wife used to do my makeup and fix Stephanie's wig. I was not only her husband, but also her best girlfriend!!

JenniferR771
12-21-2010, 03:15 PM
No way. My wife strongly disapproves--maybe I will dress in front of her in the distant future. Don't think I can quit--ever.
Mandy, thanks for your comments. I don't speak Brit. What's a summat? What's an OAP?

kathie225
12-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Being fully enfemme in front of my wife is a giant "no no". She is accepting of my underdressing and has purchased panties for me in the past. She has also purchased women's pjs for me as well. She has not demanded I cease my activities, but definite boundaries have been drawn. So far (45 years),we have been able to live within them. Merry Christmas to all.

Kaz
12-21-2010, 05:50 PM
No I do not force myself on others. My wife knows and seems accepting but does not want to have anything to do with it. She does not want to see me in a skirt!

One of my daughters (22) also knows and she seems okay about it... as long as I am still the hero dad who sorts her problems... and I grab every opportunity!

TGMarla
12-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Nope!

Sally24
12-21-2010, 06:49 PM
I dress and go OUT with my wife and grown daughter. We generally have a pretty good time. My grown son is willing to go with us, just hasn't happened yet. All of my wife's many siblings know and have seen pictures. A few want to go to the club some time when I'm out.

I could restrict my dressing in some ways,but stop? Are you kidding!

Kate17
12-21-2010, 08:31 PM
My wife knows I dress, allows me to go out and a certain amount at home but had drawn the line at complete transformation in her presence. [ we had to establish boundaries after kate went wild] There was a christmas party last weekend so I asked her to go not expecting a yes. Well, she not only said yes, she went out and bought a book about it so she would be better prepared. We seem to be getting even closer that we were now that can appreciate my feminine side more. I believe she see's the whole thing in a much clearer light now. My other family members are too far away to out myself to them but I now think I would. ( sisters)

Krysta
12-21-2010, 09:09 PM
My wife knows, family and friends dont.

Could I quit? and would I do it for them? well, i relate this question to "would I take a bullet or die for my wife or family?" because thats what would happen, a big part of me would die if I gave up CD'ing. I guess for me its not recreational, or a hobby, its part of me, part of who I am, part of my personality.

Samantha43
12-21-2010, 09:59 PM
My wife has known and has been supportive since before we were married.

My kids found out by accident a few years ago. They are in their late teens now. I explained crossdressing to them and we had a discussion. It's amazing what kids are accepting of. They are both okay with it. My daughter even gives me makeup and fashion tips.

I am very careful that I don't embarass them in any way. I am free to dress any time I want, but I won't leave the house. I have been very active in their lives and feel they appreciate my sacrifices to them. Especially when they see their friends dads who would rather spend time on the golf course or bar and are detached from their kids. We have always had a close family.

Could I quit? For the well being of my kids and wife, I would quit. Nothing is more important to me than my family. It would be selfish of me to do otherwise.

Sara Jessica
12-21-2010, 10:44 PM
...My wife left and 2 of my children won't talk to me but I am still committed to being melissa. I am at peace with myself and am happy.

I have a hard time even thinking about the question because of this response.

In trying to find that balance, I cannot even fathom losing my wife, let alone two of my children based on how I might present myself. How can one be truly happy with so much loss.

That said, yes...it's sad that being ourselves can result in so much loss. Still, this one honestly affects me, and not in a good way.

sissystephanie
12-21-2010, 10:44 PM
I forgot to mention that YES I would quit in a heartbeat if someone in my family or my girlfriend asked me to. I did quit completely on my own years ago, and only started dressing again because my dear late wife begged me to. She missed Stephanie!! Anyone can quit if you have the desire!!

PretzelGirl
12-21-2010, 11:43 PM
I have a 19 yr old daughter at home and of course my wife and they see me dressed often. I have an older daughter that lives near by and she sees me dressed now and then and her husband about once a month. The ladies have all been out with me at times also.

Could I quit? Who knows? I think everything is possible but I don't really care to find out.

Tima
12-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Do you crossdress in front of your family and do they accept you enfemme? Would you ever quit for the sake of your loved ones?

Yes and no. I tried it on Thanksgiving, with mixed results, and I’m going to try it again during a Christmas get-together. Stay tuned. :worried:

elsbethcollins
12-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Yes, my SO knows and is accepting of it to a degree - if she comes in and I am dressed, there isn't a mad scramble to get back into Male mode, would probably just spend the evening that way. However I never get up from the couch and start dressing, it is always something that she comes in the middle of (if that makes sense) rather than seeing from the beginning. The days I love are when she comes in, and I am cooking dinner or something dressed and I stay that way for the rest of the evening.
The only stipulations she puts is that it stays in the apartment and out of the bedroom, and I am happy with both of those - even though personally, i would love just walk out in the street dressed - maybe some day...

Karen 812
12-22-2010, 11:55 AM
My SO knows about Karen, in fact that is how we met, she worked at a transgender friendly store, and I came to see her, now she is tolerant. Some times we go out with me dressed, but hane not in a few weeks, need to go soon.

AKAMichelle
12-22-2010, 12:05 PM
I am very out but go through periods where I don't care about dressing, but I always know it will be back. You can dress in private away from your family but I don't think permanently quitting is a real possibilities

Rianna Humble
12-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I forgot to mention that YES I would quit in a heartbeat if someone in my family or my girlfriend asked me to. I did quit completely on my own years ago, and only started dressing again because my dear late wife begged me to. She missed Stephanie!! Anyone can quit if you have the desire!!

Sisssystephanie is right if and only if dressing is nothing more than a hobby.

To answer the OP's questions: Yes I dress in front of my family, yes they accept me. No as a transsexual I could not quit.

diannecourtney
12-23-2010, 04:15 PM
My ex has been in for the holidays and i have been 24/7 with forms and undies. Her only complaint has been the application of eye shadow. I had ordered a new outfit for new yearsbut it was too big I have dropped to a 16. Hey, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

ninapuella
12-23-2010, 04:33 PM
I think crossdressing is very intimate and something private so no i dont dress in front of family and i will never do it. I dont feel that i need to share everything with everyone. The only people i can share it with is people that i know accept it in the beginning.

TracyBoy
12-23-2010, 04:49 PM
I think crossdressing is very intimate and something private so no i dont dress in front of family and i will never do it. I dont feel that i need to share everything with everyone. The only people i can share it with is people that i know accept it in the beginning.
I also think that it is very intimate. I would not x-dress in front of my wife. As far as i know, she doesn't know of my x-dressing. now if she were to find out about it and accept it, then I would probably dress in front of her MOST of my free time. And after thinking about it, if she found out and didn't like it, then I would HAVE to convince her to accept it. I have accepted it recently after fighting these urges for many years. I KNOW that I am a crossdresser, and I have accepted the fact that I LIKE it and I ALWAYS WILL! I never want to stop doing it. I'm so happy that I found this forum and that there are others out there that SUPPORT me. BIG HUGS to all of you!

Amy Hepker
12-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I dressed in front of my daughter and my son when I was dressing 24/7. They did not really care, it was up to me. I told my sisters about it, but they never rejected me for it. My mother new, but my dad passed away many years before and never knew I dressed.

bimini1
12-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Dress in front of wife but I think my baby girl is entitled to life without having to deal with this kind of confusion.

shawnsheila
12-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I will hold off from telling my kids until they are adults, but my wife is in the early stages of working with me on this. She is definitely not ready so see me en femme (she freaked out when she felt my smooth silky legs while having sex) so I have mostly stopped CDing for now while she and I work through this... she is trying to be understanding but she is still freaked out by it.

The fantasy in my mind is, one day she and I will doll ourselves up and go on a shopping spree together as gal pals :)

Teddie
12-24-2010, 07:52 AM
My wife, yes. She enjoys and participates in it. Anyone else, no.

Sophie86
12-25-2010, 12:50 AM
I have been dressed in front of some family members and others have seen pics, but that was for Halloween where I could pass it off as something else. I'm out with my older sister and her eldest son, as well as my wife and daughter. Not out with my son.

If my wife told me that she couldn't take it anymore and that I had to quit in order to save our marriage, I would do that. I don't think she would ever ask though. I wouldn't quit for anyone else. I will, however, restrict my dressing around my son until I think he's okay with it.

DanaLynn57
12-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Over the years it has been a very tough uphill battle for my wife to really understand and except Dana Lynn...Within the past 2 years or so, she has really started to enjoy Dana's company more and more and she realizes how important it is for Dana to be able to spread her wings and grow..We just recently took a trip out of town and My wife and Dana went shopping together for the first time...It was really great and she thought that Dana really looked as a very natural woman...

I do dress now more at home when we are alone but usually only wearing a top or shorts and maybe some sandals...I dont do it every day but I have been wearing panties now for over a year and she knows and has no problem with it...Lots of times Im a wearing a nice nightgown or a cotton shirt with pj bottoms...Mostly always female clothing and she never really says anything negative...I love vintage so I will wear an old vintage Shadowline gown and she will tell me that she likes me in something more up to date...

Her mother, older sister and her husband know but do not know that I know or at least I have never given any hints to it...Her youngest sister knows and probably her husband...I think My olderst daughter is now suspecting something and my son may know as well but so far I have not said anything to them or vise versa...

Im so thankful that my wife did not leave me years ago when she found out...Once this is let out and you begin to live more and more, the harder it is to quite...We are closer now than ever before and just tonight we exchanged some special gifts and she bought Dana a pretty new black and dark red top and some jewelry...Things are so good now and I never would have believed it could be this way...I am truely blessed to have such a loving wife who continues to love me more and more every day...

kaitlin
12-25-2010, 06:23 AM
My wife has known about my fem side since the first few weeks we dated. We are 1000% open and honest about everything! I am dressed in some way or another all the time. Most of my family knows and our children know. (step daughters 10 and 12) So yes I dress in front of my family and would I quit for them?.....If there was a good reason then yes, but I have been told by Wife, if it's up to her, then I'll be dressing untill I die!

jamie-upstate
12-25-2010, 06:45 AM
I dress in the company of my wife all the time . We have shoped together but not dressed. My daughter has noticed the girly jeans a couple times and also said my nails look girly the way I shape them . My brother has seen me dresssed two times a while ago.

LynnInDenver
12-25-2010, 01:30 PM
My parents know, but haven't yet gotten to the point where they can see me as Lynn. My brother knows and has seen, as has his girlfriend and her two kids.

sissybecky
12-26-2010, 09:02 AM
My wife knows and is very supportive of me. I don't have a extended family, instead I have close friends that are more family then my real family and a few of them know

BRANDYJ
12-26-2010, 09:28 AM
I am not married to my SO and for now we live 1100 miles apart since she is stuck in Michigan having to take guardianship of a 5, 6, and 8 year old granddaughters. There will be a day that we will all be together. I can't wrap my head around the idea of letting small children know about a parent, step-parent or relative that cross dresses. I am not flaming those that think it's right or OK. But small children have enough of a hard time dealing with their own sexuality and going through puberty then to add this to further confuse them. Unless you are transsexual and have little choice, then to me it's just wrong. I understand that gender issues and sexual issues are different. But to me this hits to close to sharing your sexuality and what you and their mother might do in the bedroom. I simply can't justify it as a CD. The motives share with minor children might even be a selfish act. Totally different with children that have reached young adulthood.
I have a step-daughter from a previous marriage, that found out on her own. It shattered me to know she knew. But she was around 30 at the time. She was more then supportive and understanding. I was shocked to discover how much she knew about the whole topic of crossdressing. Made me think that maybe her own ex-husband might have been a CD. But she never saw me dressed or even seen a picture. I was floored when she gave me a nice black baby doll nightie for Christmas that year. Other then that, I have told one brother that wrote me out of his life after I told him at a very low point in my life. My guess is he told yet another brother so I have not heard from either of them in over 2 years. It's sad that he let his stupid twisted religious beliefs make him forget about family. Now ask me how I feel about all organized religions! Sorry, got off topic.
But I have no problem letting a very few close friends know and in each one they have accepted it and it has made no difference in our friendship. That is other then make us closer friends.
My parents never knew since they both had died before I was 17. But all women that have been in my life as a girlfriend or wife have known and fully accepted me as a CD. That is other then my first wife. She never knew.

PrettyFlowingGown
12-26-2010, 07:17 PM
i dress around mum all the time when she comes up and stays once or twice a year, she does'nt mind me wearing my nightgowns at all, or any clothes.

Raychel
12-26-2010, 07:32 PM
The only person that I have ever dressed around is my Uncle. I felt totally comfortable.

As far as any of my imediate family. My wife knows but would rather not talk about it or see me. I don't know what the kids reactions will be. So for now that is it.

BLUE ORCHID
12-26-2010, 08:23 PM
My wife of 47yrs. knows & tolerates but it's a don't ask don't tell kind of thinggie.
I don't hide anything everything is in the closets or dresse drawers.
I will be dressed setting in the backroom like now dressed and on the computer
if she comes down stairs and if she sees out of the corner of her eye that I'm dressed
she will just go on and the subject doesn't come up.
We went to counceling a couple years ago nothing changed I told her that the
only way it would ever go away was if I took it with me when she asked me to leave.
So she goes up stairs in the evening and Orchid will stay down stairs on the computer.
My two grown daughters mid 40's don't know about Orchid although I'm sure they would accept.
I don't think I could quit if I wanted too--- dressing for 63yrs. now

Orchid

bredalee25
12-26-2010, 08:29 PM
My wonhderful wife knows I dress and doesn't care if I dress at home in her company. She only has one request I don't go out of the house dressed. I figure it's a small price to pay to enjoy dressing freely with her approval.