PDA

View Full Version : Arrgghhh!!!

Rachaelgirl39
12-21-2010, 05:11 AM
Arrgghhh!!!! I am very frustrated right now, I got switched to the patch because my liver enzymes were too high but the dern things dont stick to well and I followed the directions to the letter. Anyone got any ideas who are the patch now?

Felicity71
12-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Can you use bandaids to hold them on? Just a guess. or maybe duct tape?

Billijo49504
12-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Mine seem to be sticking ok, but try some tape for the extra stick. I had generic patches, and they didn't stick so good. But now I got branded ones from the VA, and they seem to be stuck to me....BJ

Laurie Ann
12-21-2010, 08:53 AM
I have been on a patch since I started they stick and wok fine. I just make sure the area is free from hair and clean.

Kelly DeWinter
12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
I have been on a patch since I started they stick and wok fine. I just make sure the area is free from hair and clean.

Laurie is right, it depends on your skin condition, everyone's skin is not the same, some people are more oily then other or dry.

Clean you skin, then put a larger band aid style patch over top, it should help hold the patch in place.

Melody Moore
12-21-2010, 09:36 AM
I got switched to the patch because my liver enzymes were too high
Rah Roh! I hope that isn't your gall bladder playing up (Cholecystitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholecystitis)), its not good if it is, it can get very painful.

Try surgical tape it works well on most skin types.

Jorja
12-21-2010, 09:43 AM
When I apply a fresh patch, I make sure my hands and the area where the patch is being applied are clean, dry and free from oil, lotions and powders. Sometimes I rub the area with a bit of rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and allow that to dry. I apply the patch to an area that isn't going to be rubbed a lot by my clothing and then hold it down with the palm of my hand for several seconds to help set the adhesive. On the rare occasion that the patch starts to come up on the edges, I press it back down and give it a shot of warm air from my hair dryer, being careful not to get the dryer too close to the patch and my skin. Seems to work for me. I hope this helps.

Frances
12-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I have been on patches for two years now without any problemes. What I do is change them (I wear two) after my morning shower when the skin is clean and free of oil. I dry the spot further with rubbing alcohol. I also wear them on my "love handles" above the belt line to avoid friction and alternating sides every three days. Works for me. The biggest hassle is remembering the change them every three days. I mark all the patch days of the month in a calendar in advance.

Karen564
12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
The trick if you wanna call it that, is to wipe the skin completely free of everything & make sure it's dry (just as many others have said)...also make sure you don't touch the adhesive on the patch...then once applied, press the edges very firmly...
I used to wear them on my bum & wear very silky undies , so those helped, plus the patch was where I sat down, which pressed it even more against my skin.. ..by the time I was ready to take it off, it was on there really good..

Melinda G
12-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Maybe a break would be in order, to let your liver heal up. You only get one.