PDA

View Full Version : No longer hiding behind a mask

MargaretJ
12-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Over the last few years whilst I have been using make up, I have mentioned that as I have developed my style, the use of make up has become more subtle. The other night I was struck by this thought. When I first started using make up and didn't know any better, it was applied heavily, and I thought it would disguise my face, so that no one would recognise me. I was pleasantly surprised while looking at my latest pics to find that, although I am obviously wearing make up, and can pass as female, I can see a lot of my male face in my female face now, that wasn't there before. I have been out on a short walk around my house since this discovery, and although I have only passed by two people, I felt ok and didn't seem to attract any attention.

Holly
12-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Isn't it nice to be at such peace with yourself? By the way, you have beautiful eyes.

Starla
12-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Good point, Margaret -- makeup should be used to enhance your features and minimize flaws, not to hide your face under gobs of goo. I often think that too much makeup, especially if it's way overdone for the venue, inhibits passing instead of helping.

And I agree with Holly about your eyes. Deep, hypnotic, and beautiful.

Sara Jessica
12-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Try this sometime. Go to a cosmetics counter (ie - Estee Lauder) and ask for a color match. They will often give you a 10 day supply in a little sample bottle. How big is that bottle? Tiny!!! Less is more when it comes to foundation and it really shouldn't take much to do what it's supposed to do.