PDA

View Full Version : A lot can change in a year.

Chloe Renee
12-21-2010, 11:57 PM
I just have to share, things are starting to come back together for me.
But,I am glad that this year is finally over, it has been a helluva ride.
I have been out of work for nearly two years, on the edge of loosing my home, and in a constant state of turmoil.
In February, after years of struggling with my gender, I came out with it. I admitted to myself that I am transgendered. I then started the process of coming out to people.
My wife and I are trying to keep things together, we are maintaining a open channel of communication.
I've told many of my friends and have a plan in place to come out completely by mid 2011.
I went from no time, to part time to 1/2 time. A couple outfits grew to half a wardrobe.
I tried to pull myself together, in August I hit mental rock bottom. I sought out a therapist at the local LGBT center.
I went from emo and occasionally suicidal to hopeful and optimistic. I laughed and cried.
Yesterday, I emailed my HR department asking about if there is a transitioning policy in the company. Today, I received a positive response and they would like to schedule a meeting and arrange a plan for transition.

Tonight my therapist said I'm ready to move on. We have two more sessions together. My current therapist is giving me a list of HRT letter providing therapists next session. She told me that she expects me to get my letter fairly quick, having worked through most of my issues already.

Tomorrow, I have a consultation for a laser hair removal package i bought on groupon.

It is moving faster than I've planned, I still have some obligations and looses ends that I need to tie up before I get too much further down the road.
I am not on the train to womanhood yet, but my bags are packed and I'm heading to the station.

Rianna Humble
12-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Hi Chloe,

I'm sorry to read the bad things that have been happening to you in the recent past - I spent two years out of work a short while ago so I can relate to the worries that go with it. :bighug:

I'm really glad for you that your wife is being supportive since you came out in February and that the therapist has helped you to see your way out of the depression. :thumbsup:

It's wonderful that your HR department is willing to help you to plan your transition at work. You might like to think about some of the questions they will have ahead of time - my HR department asked me to prepare a discussion document for them to consider before the first meeting. This then set the tone for the meeting. If you are interested, PM me and I will try to find a copy for you to look at.

You might not be on the train yet, but at least you know where it's going and have a good idea when it leaves your station.

Faith_G
12-22-2010, 04:28 PM
You will be amazed at what next year brings! :hugs:

Hope
12-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Sounds like we have tickets in adjacent births.

Jorja
12-23-2010, 07:20 AM
You will be amazed at what next year brings! :hugs:

As faith has stated you will be amazed at what the next year will bring. I wish you all the best and know we are right here to support you.

7sisters
12-23-2010, 08:00 AM
You will see how all the dots are connected and how you are being taken care of by God, destiny, your higher self.... whatever you want to call it.

Chloe Renee
12-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks all. I hope that the coming year is an amazing one. The last couple years have been hellish at times but in the last 6 months I'm finding center spiritually, emotionally and physically. Beucause i have made some promises to myself and wife i have to delay some parts of transition. I do hope that I will full time this time next year with or without support of my family. I will be coming out in June.
That being said I'm not done with this year yet. Monday is my first laser session, I am both excited and nervous by this.
Merry Christmas!

Sejd
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I read your post and can relate to much of what you write about going through the coming out transition time. You sound like you have put a lot of thought into the work with your gender. I would like to tell you what has helped me a lot. The first two years out as a TG I listened to only two people: my self and my therapist. It worked great for me, but not for my entire network of family and loved ones. After two hard years I finally began to listen to my SO and to look also at my entire little cosmos I was a part of. I have had to moderate some things and have more freedom in others. I live now in a more "give and take" balanced situation and have managed to keep my marriage together as well as not alienated my kids. I would never say that it is the perfect solution, but I do live a more happy and stable life now and as I am more patient with my relationships, I am able to find more acceptance also. Most gender therapist focus on the client (naturally). however, the clients supportive network is often ignored with disastrous results. This is not advice to you, just to tell you about my own struggle through turbulent times. I have stopped giving advice to anyone since I have come to the understanding that it really doesn't work anyway, but I do believe that we can learn from each others stories in this forum. Good luck sister.