PDA

View Full Version : Depression, especially over the next couple of days

tanyalynn51
12-22-2010, 10:35 AM
I guess, to all of us, that this time of year has meaning to at least most of us. Christmas, Haunukaa, Kwaanza (forgive the spelling on the last two if Im wrong)- even non- religious people feel some kind of impact. Some of you have been seperated from friends and/or family because of the choices made to become who we really are. I am ok, in that my family doesnt know yet, and my best friend is supportive. But, I am also aware of other people's situations because I will be spending all day Christmas day working at the homeless shelter I work at, trying to help people who dont have anyone at all, some of them like us, others because of drugs, alcohol, mental illness, and sometimes just bad choices. I guess the point of all this is, there are always people around this time of year who need help, and tragically, a lot of them dont get it in time. There are a lot of options, if nothing else, just for someone to talk to. I dont want to lose anyone, whether at work, or of my brothers and sisters on here. I am so happy for anyone who is happy, but lets all think good thoughts, pray, whatever you believe in, for those who need help. And, watch the posts for someone who maybe we can give a word to that will help them get through.

Kokoro
12-22-2010, 03:11 PM
For the last 3 or 4 years I've suffered from bad depression around this time of year. The year before last was particularly bad - from Boxing day until the 28th I just stayed in my room, hardly eating a thing and pretty much just switching off completely. I had such a horrible feeling of emptiness and loneliness and my emotions just shut down. I wouldn't wish the feeling on my worst enemy and sincerely hope no-one else experiences such sadness at this time of year. The feelings are overwhelming but don't let them consume you. Let them run their course and you WILL feel better.

I will be sure to treasure this Christmas with my family as it will be my final one with them as A--- even though I feel the familiar pangs of depression creeping in again. I'm hoping to make it one to remember in case I won't be able to spend another Christmas with them once I come out to them.

Keep safe everyone, we expect to see you in the new year!

Laura_Stephens
12-23-2010, 03:10 PM
I guess, to all of us, that this time of year has meaning to at least most of us. Christmas, Haunukaa, Kwaanza (forgive the spelling on the last two if Im wrong)- even non- religious people feel some kind of impact. Some of you have been seperated from friends and/or family because of the choices made to become who we really are. I am ok, in that my family doesnt know yet, and my best friend is supportive. But, I am also aware of other people's situations because I will be spending all day Christmas day working at the homeless shelter I work at, trying to help people who dont have anyone at all, some of them like us, others because of drugs, alcohol, mental illness, and sometimes just bad choices. I guess the point of all this is, there are always people around this time of year who need help, and tragically, a lot of them dont get it in time. There are a lot of options, if nothing else, just for someone to talk to. I dont want to lose anyone, whether at work, or of my brothers and sisters on here. I am so happy for anyone who is happy, but lets all think good thoughts, pray, whatever you believe in, for those who need help. And, watch the posts for someone who maybe we can give a word to that will help them get through.

Great post - thx!!!