PDA

View Full Version : What it feels like for a girl

Starla
12-22-2010, 06:45 PM
"All boys secretly want to dress up like girls, but only a few...have got the guts to admit it...Secretly, you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl?"

-- The Cement Garden (1993)

Just how true do you think these oft-quoted movie lines are IRL?

Do all, or even most boys secretly want to dress up like girls? At least at some point in their lives?

There has been much conjecture over what percentage of males in Western society are crossdressers. A complicated conundrum that depends on definitions. Males who are active, ongoing CDers, or self-identify as such? Do we include everything from single-item fetishists to full-timers? What about those who might experiment, but never really get the "itch?" (Such "dress-up" experimentation is pretty commonplace, for example, among small children, most of whom do not grow up to be CDers.)

But, I digress. The question is: how many males have experienced that "secret yearning" or curiosity, but have never had the "guts" to act on it, even in private? I can see that there might be many who, out of an insecurity about their masculinity, or just fear (perhaps afraid that they might like it, and what that would mean) never actually don female clothing. But think about it. Maybe once in a while. Maybe a lot.

So do "all boys [really] secretly want to dress up like girls?" Most? A sizable minority? How would you imagine the percentage of wannabes compares to those who actually take action to see "what it feels like for a girl?"

Melinda G
12-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I've always felt that for every crossdresser, there are many more men who think about it, but are afraid to act on it.

VanessaVW
12-22-2010, 06:51 PM
I've always felt that for every crossdresser, there are many more men who think about it, but are afraid to act on it.

It actually does takes some guts, doesn't it?

StacyCD
12-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I'll bet that on this list you might have a sizable percentage! However, the percentage here might not reflect the true percentage among males in the general population.

Juliemckay
12-22-2010, 06:59 PM
I have no idea how to get any verifiable data on this. Most men will lie if asked directly.

I wonder what the questions on the survey would look like?

Cari
12-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I think that quote may be true; however I also believe thats its the second and third time that makes you a CD.

I really think that for every one who posts, joins a support group or heads out, there are two or three lurking on the forums; not comfortable enough to come out or just in denial.

I dont think these numbers would ever get counted accurately.

If you received a survey at your home address in your male name and there was a question on it "Do you cross dress ?" how many would check yes and mail it back ?

I dont think I would unless it was for a very important study or they were giving away really cute outfits.

I would like to think that more are out now than have been in the past.

Jonianne
12-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Since this really is an unknowable, I can only give my biased opinion, but I do think that most males either do crossdress or think about doing it sometime in their lives.

That is only human nature.

I have shared the fact that I am a crossdresser with a couple dozen or more individuals, both female and male, and I have had a couple of those males relate to me that they did crossdress a little bit in the past, themselves.

Juliemckay
12-22-2010, 07:08 PM
I think that quote may be true; however I also believe thats its the second and third time that makes you a CD.

I really think that for every one who posts, joins a support group or heads out, there are two or three lurking on the forums; not comfortable enough to come out or just in denial.

I dont think these numbers would ever get counted accurately.

If you received a survey at your home address in your male name and there was a question on it "Do you cross dress ?" how many would check yes and mail it back ?

I dont think I would unless it was for a very important study or they were giving away really cute outfits.

I would like to think that more are out now than have been in the past.

I can see the question now:

1) do you ever think about wearing panties?

Cari
12-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Under what conditions or too whom would you give an honest answer ?

If it was on the census, a well respected university doing a study ?

Tasha McIntyre
12-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I suppose it's just one of those questions we will never really know the answer to.

A couple of things I do know.......

1. When I was a teenager I knew I was the only guy in the history of the universe to feel like this.
2. Now in my 40's, with the help of the internet I know there are more or us than I could have ever imagined.

Tash :)

Melinda G
12-22-2010, 07:13 PM
It actually does takes some guts, doesn't it?
Came easy for me.:battingeyelashes:

Look for it on the next Census: "Are you now, or have you ever had thoughts of wearing female attire".
Can't reveal my sources, but a "highly placed White House Souse". :D

PippaJ
12-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I know theres that hole thing with "opposite gender for a day" and most guys (or at least my friends lol) say things like get dressed up and go out and be ****ty etc

Melinda G
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
I know theres that hole thing with "opposite gender for a day"
Did you mean "whole", or was that a freudian slip"?:D

Mary Morgan
12-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Fact is that many men, though they may wish, consider, ponder or even desire to dress, have neither the opportunity or the attire to do so. Remember that many men are significantly larger than most women. Most men are not going to go out shopping to satisfy this curiosity unless it is a drive deep within them. That completes my amateur analysis for today.

Starla
12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Under what conditions or too whom would you give an honest answer ?

If it was on the census, a well respected university doing a study ?

If memory serves, isn't there a question or two in this vein on the infamous Myers-Briggs test?

Jill M
12-22-2010, 08:06 PM
In my teen years as I began dressing in my sister's clothes, my belief was that I was the only guy doing the girly dressup. I was so naive. Today, even my male friends in conversations, comment about panty and bra wearing guys. I am not sure if these are hints or just wry comments. My take is that there are quite a few men that wish they couled wear their wife's panties, but are terrified to do so. We are the lucky ones.

prene
12-22-2010, 08:09 PM
20% have thought about it
2-5% have done it

naye
12-22-2010, 09:03 PM
I think that all of us would be surprised if we could really know how many guys have ever think about wearing at least one femenine item, specially stockings or panties, I think that it could be even half of the men that have wondered at least once how would they look or how it feels to wear something like that

KristinSkye
12-22-2010, 09:13 PM
I've though about this before...

This is purely speculation but I have to agree with a lot of the posts above in that I think that a decent amount of straight no CD/TG males have thought about it. For example; the number of guys on the lacrosse team at my HS that swapped uniforms with the field hockey team once a year always surprised me....

Stephenie S
12-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Doesn't EVERYONE want to be a girl????

Debglam
12-22-2010, 10:26 PM

Thanks Cari! LOL and I really needed it!

1. When I was a teenager I knew I was the only guy in the history of the universe to feel like this.
2. Now in my 40's, with the help of the internet I know there are more or us than I could have ever imagined.

Tash :)

Yes & Yes!

Happy Holidays!
Debby

Starla
12-22-2010, 10:42 PM
I've though about this before...

This is purely speculation but I have to agree with a lot of the posts above in that I think that a decent amount of straight no CD/TG males have thought about it. For example; the number of guys on the lacrosse team at my HS that swapped uniforms with the field hockey team once a year always surprised me....

That sort of thing ties in with the post I made about Womanless Beauty Pageants (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?145243-Womanless-Beauty-Pageants-The-quot-Mainstreaming-quot-of-Crossdressing&highlight=womanless). That whereas you once would have to drag a guy kicking and screaming into a dress, now they seem to actively and enthusiastically participate. It seems like more and more, guys feel the freedom and comfort to "girl up," and do it with gusto, even if just for a day.

Lara Smith
12-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Okay....I am going to go WAY out on a limb here. I would say that nearly 100% of the male population has wondered at some point in their lives what it felt like to wear women's clothes of some sort. I would say there wasn't a man alive who NEVER wondered what it felt like to wear a woman's panties. I think they are all lying if they say otherwise. Those of us who did, liked it and weren't afraid. Those of who didn't were afraid they WOULD like it, so didn't, and the rest were just afraid they would discover they were actually gay and not the macho men they thought themselves to be, and the mere act of trying on panties confirmed it, even if it did nothing for them. So I firmly believe there are only two kinds of men in the world. Men who have worn women's panties, and those that for one reason or another were too afraid, and haven't. One day when i was younger, I came to work one day to find one of my two (owner) bosses hanging from the rafters of the warehouse by a thick rope. Yes, he was very dead. He was an ultra macho retired ex-marine. I didn't even have long hair at the time..it touched the top of my ears and my collar...but he was always teasing me about how "girly" and unmanly that was. No one could ever figure out why this guy hung himself out of the clear blue. I'm sure none of you are at a loss as to the explanation. He was a very well known and respected figure in the community. He could not and had not ever come to grips with his real sexual orientation...when he did? I felt sorry for him. And what a stupid waste. All because of what others may have thought of him...and what he could not reconcile with himself. Death was better than being gay or whatever his sexual orientation issue was. Stepping into panties my sisters, and loving that you love them, no matter how hard it is some days, it is a blessing. Being gender blended on whatever level is being way ahead of the game. That goes for girls as well as guys . You know something the rest of the world doesn't and would do well to learn. That is why I say, there are only two kinds of men...those that have worn panties, and those that haven't or won't.

DianeDeBris
12-23-2010, 01:38 AM
I think that all of us would be surprised if we could really know how many guys have ever think about wearing at least one femenine item, specially stockings or panties, I think that it could be even half of the men that have wondered at least once how would they look or how it feels to wear something like that

Mr. Dooley, the Irish-American bartender created in the 19th century by Peter Finley Dunne, used to say that "The whole truth about any of us would shock all the rest of us." It's this drive to "keep secrets" that imprisons almost all humans in one way or another, and that leads to the kind of tragedy Lara described. As I think about it, perhaps the courage many of us have found to explore this aspect of our selves and our personalities has finer and more profound implications than we usually give ourselves credit for!

Lara Smith
12-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Mr. Dooley, the Irish-American bartender created in the 19th century by Peter Finley Dunne, used to say that "The whole truth about any of us would shock all the rest of us." It's this drive to "keep secrets" that imprisons almost all humans in one way or another, and that leads to the kind of tragedy Lara described. As I think about it, perhaps the courage many of us have found to explore this aspect of our selves and our personalities has finer and more profound implications than we usually give ourselves credit for!
Well Spoken!

Loni
12-23-2010, 03:26 AM
in my unknowing and unscientific way...i would say that at least 99.99% of male have warn something made for a woman (aka bra panties stockings) a number of times in there lives. (once up to ? times) and have done so as a lark but enjoyed it. not to be confused with cross dressing.

some have turned violent cause they can not deal with these feelings.

others are very great people and have done great things, personalty, for there friends, country, and world.

but most are just like us and just out here trying to live there lives as we see fit and feels right.

but if asked in a survey, most would not say yes they have. if ones name was attached to said survey i would say NO i have not. (and i do not like to lie) but things like this can get back to you and some info in the wrong hands can destroy ones life.

paint me paranoid with a big wide brush.

noeleena
12-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Hi.

Then im the 1 % who did not think about wearing womens clothes & im not any where near to masculinity or total male in the first place.
It never entered my mind to dress in womens clothes now you can say im really nuts weird or what ever.

i was dressed by another woman for a end of year do for our group. & never dressed till 13 years ago when i knew i was going to live as a woman .
i know i was to young to put two & two together not all of us would wear womans clothes in the way we are talking about .

The strange thing is i totaly hated male clothes .

I know many men would never say or admit to wonting to or thinking about it . there so called being percived as a all out male ,thier status would be gone in a moment. would they ever live that down ... oh dear not worth thinking about . to me of cause is so funny as im a woman any way.
There are some things i do understand about men not every thing tho.

I wonder if i asked the guys iv worked for & know around here who appear to be those tough macho hard drinking hard living guys what there answer would be... just as well im a woman then .a.

No i wont ask because they have accepted me as a woman , i could not do that to them.

...noeleena...

LaurenB
12-23-2010, 07:25 AM
There's probably a way to back into a reasonably accurate number by asking questions in a non-direct way. For instance a survey question like this may get at the feelings that men have without being threatening:

"If given the chance to take a pill which would allow you to experience the world as the opposite sex for a day and then wear off with no side effects, would you try it?"

or

"If you were given the chance to switch bodies with someone of the opposite sex for a day, would you do it?"

or

"If you had an opportunity to become a woman for a day, completely anonymously, would you do it?"

You'd have to throw out some percentage because of the sophmoric males answering yes for the obvious reasons, but I think it would give a good idea of the magnitude of males who have thought about it.

Another line of indirect question might be:

"On a scale of 1-5, how much do you like your SO to wear lingerie?" - answering this positively doesn't threaten manhood but we all know that liking to see/feel it on your mate is one small step away from trying it on yourself when she/he's not around....

Great Thread
- LB

Sarasometimes
12-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Even if we could poll a large group of males, the reliability of the data would be in question. Who is giving an honest answer... A more reliable way would be to count all the men who stand outside the womens' department and womens' clothing stores while their SO shops a few feet inside. The only explaination for this is fear that the clothes may attack!! Add in the guys who will never hold a purse and the guys who read womens' mags at the hair salon and bingo you have an accurate count within 10 guys worldwide if not more accurate! Simple, so now get counting.
I do think it is a good chunk. The younger generation is more open to crossing the line so it could be interesting to see how this changes in the near future.

As for it taking guts to do what we do, I think it takes B@LLS!

Elizabeth Ann
12-23-2010, 08:27 AM
"All boys secretly want to dress up like girls, but only a few...have got the guts to admit it...Secretly, you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl?"

-- The Cement Garden (1993)

Just how true do you think these oft-quoted movie lines are IRL?

Do all, or even most boys secretly want to dress up like girls? At least at some point in their lives?

I have never heard this "oft-quoted" movie line, but I really question whether it says anything at all. You could, with equal validity, just as easily state:

"All boys secretly want to shoot someone, but only a few...have got the guts to admit it...Secretly, you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like to be a killer?"

I don't think that makes us all killers, or even potential killers.

Now, in terms of real actions, I once stated to my therapist that all boys have a fascination with girl's panties. She agreed and added, "but few try them on." Although definitely not a random sample, I did ask this group about that, and received inconclusive anecdotal information.

Liz

sonni
12-23-2010, 11:42 AM
When I was 15 I let some girls dress me up completely. As you all can imagine I was in heaven, but pretended to just curious as if doing a scirnce experiment. lol. I let them show me how to sit and how to walk in the heels ect and they were having great fun with it as I mostly hid my pleasure. I do remember they kept asking "how does it feel to dress like a girl?" I remember saying kinda like being naked, but yet not naked in the dress. Funny, that they all agreed with that and said it was a liberating free feeling as well as it made them feel more girlie. Of course I didn't admit to the feeling girlie part. My point if that some females may kinda understand why we also like the feeling. Darn I've relived that day in my mind so many times. Sure would like to do something like that again.

ReineD
12-23-2010, 11:52 AM
So do "all boys [really] secretly want to dress up like girls?" Most? A sizable minority? How would you imagine the percentage of wannabes compares to those who actually take action to see "what it feels like for a girl?"

I have a feeling that most people here will come up with high percentages. :p It would be interesting to also ask the question in an equally large, male, non-cd forum and compare the results. :)

Sally24
12-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Judging from the amount of crossdressing in cartoons (from the 40's and on) and in movies and in jokes, I would have to say that it is pretty common even in the hetero community. Think about how often you see or hear a reference to cding in either real life or on tv. I think I hardly go a week without running into another example somewhere.

Basic curiosity in kids has always entered into the "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" at some age. This is just another one of those things. In college some girl friends played with a little makeup and our hair once. Then, when I needed to dress-up for a Greek Week skit, 3 or 4 girls I knew were all too happy to help me try on outfits, lecture me on how to walk, and even spray me with perfume. I think females are as courious about how we would react or look.

My best guess, probably over 50% have wondered........

Charise52
12-24-2010, 03:17 AM
For me wanting to know what it was ike to feel like a girs started at age 6, I wanted a coboy outfit, and my mom bought me a cowgirl outfit complete with denim skirt... I wore that all spring and summer out in public, it felt great... so that started me wondering over the years what it would feel like if I could be a girl... several years ago, I did a complete makover and wore skirts and heels out shopping, to lunch, driving around, and to a theater event... it felt great just like I always knew it would... getting nails done and putting on makeup was fun too...

Sophie_C
12-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Most, or even majority? No way. This is a very small minority of people.

pernille d
12-24-2010, 05:02 AM
crossdressing or just curious ??? . an intereting thread where i think there will never be an answer. i agree the percentage that have thought about trying clothing on i bet is very high . then i think there is a percentage that try clothing on once or twice just for fun or some other reason :) then there are people like us as we all have admitted something to be a member of this forum.

i also think its more widespread than we like to admit and just see how much more its come out in the open and is more accepatble the last few years , so who knows in the comming years someone might actually be able to make some form of realistic studdy with some true facts , untill then i think we are just all guessing .

Lexine
12-24-2010, 05:26 AM
For me, it was never about issues with masculinity or gender, though it is more rooted towards identity and expressing myself in a manner that I want to. In the past, I never had a reason to CD. But now, I have no reason not to :)

PretzelGirl
12-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't think you can come up with anything close if you don't define what it is you are trying to get a percentage of. We can't seem to decide here ourselves, so it would seem that society isn't going to define crossdressing real well either.

But I do think you would want to weed things down to make it relevant. So for a survey, I would ask those who have thought about it, those who have tried, and then (importantly) those that are active. I would think the first two would have high numbers, but you would see a big drop to the third one.

docrobbysherry
12-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Maybe some efeminate men try girls things on, or wonder what they mite look like in them! But, not MOST men!:brolleyes:
Why would they? They KNOW they don't have the BODY to make the clothes look GOOD!?:doh:

Judging by my experience, I never even THOT about trying on womens things until I was over 50! And, I had plenty of opportunities!:heehee:

Obsessed with womens panties? NOT! Simply with what was UNDER THEM!:D

Olivia2
12-24-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm also of the opinion that most males do not give much thought to tryiing on women's clothes. Maybe a fleeting moment of curiosity but something that is quickly dismissed or forgotten. IMO, to most males, the clothes represent femenine accoutrements, just like a purse. They wouldn't want to wear them or carry a purse.

In line with Sherry's thoughts, I believe most males I have known and know over the years are much more interested in the female body than the clothes outside.

Angelofsomekind
12-24-2010, 01:29 PM
The first time I ever went out dressed, I was with friends, they didn't know I was into it, but one of them said something I thought was amusing, "It takes balls for a man to dress like a woman." I found it amusing.

RADER
12-24-2010, 01:36 PM
My thoughts are many men dress up as girls to feel what it is like to be a girl.
That said, the desire to become one is a deeper desire to become a girl beyond
just waring the cloths. I think all men wish they could read a girls mind, just wanting
to know what is going on, how they think, what their feeling, etc.
I guess C.Ding is a way to feel what they are feeling in a round about way.
That's just my opinion, as it is, just my thoughts on the subject. Rader

Chiana
12-24-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't think you will be able to get anything resembling an honest answer from 90% of the guys even if you did a blind survey. But why not ask the GG's on here who are CD/TV fans. Can they successfully persuade a supposedly non-CD/TV to try on any item of womens clothing? Not just panties. What about heels, a bra, a wig or to try a little make up? If they can get them to "experiment", how hard is it to get them to try? Are they fairly willing or does it take a lot of arm twisting? I think the percentage would be much higher than anyone would guess. But I still doubt the original quote that "all" boys would want to dress up like girls.

Jonianne
12-24-2010, 07:32 PM
I was watching a TV game show with host Bob Barker, I think, back in the 70's or 80's. He had a group of teenage guys and the question was asked if any of them would change sex for a day just to find out what it would be like to be a girl. He figured maybe one might say yes, but when they ALL answered yes, he was visibly shaken and dumbfounded for a moment. I know it's aneocdotal, but I still believe it's far more prevelant than people realize.

BLUE ORCHID
12-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Starla, the way things are going now it wont be long before the
Goverment has all Crossdressers registered and taxed.
Then we will be able to get an honest count and I'll bet it's going
to be a lot higher than 10%.
Maybe I can get a job with the new (Department of Crossdressing).

Orchid

Sarah Doepner
12-25-2010, 10:28 AM
The impression I always had was that most men would want to feel what sex was like for a woman, based on the belief that women enjoyed a much richer experience than men. It was never about the clothing and gender identity, only the chance to get a more intense experience. Once you move past the purely physical aspect, I believe you will find the percentage of men wanting to wear women's clothing to be fairly small.

Starla
12-25-2010, 11:52 AM
A lot of interesting takes on the question here. I agree with several responders that there is probably no way to accurately and scientifically assess such a thing -- I was really looking for your impressions, suspicions, or guesses. It's problematic just to estimate the percentage of males who are active, serious crossdressers, let alone those who are "wannabes" only.

On the subject of the former: I've seen varying estimates, but even at the low end, the implications are staggering. Let's say, just to pull a number out of my a--....er.....head, that 1% of males in the U.S. are, or will grow up to become, active crossdressers. (YMMV in other countries and cultures...)

So, that would mean if there were 1000 students in your high school, assumedly about 1/2 male, there were, on average, about 4 other guys there besides you who were CDers. If you work in a company with 5000 employees, the same percentage applied to the males (again, assuming a 50/50 split) would make a reasonable guess that there are a couple of dozen guys running around the premises in lingerie (or who will put some on when they get home). A city of one million population would yield about 5000 CDers. And with the recent Census count of U.S. population, that is over 1.5 million. Again, these are all "on average" estimates, and may well vary wildly from school to school, workplace to workplace, etc.

How do those numbers sound? Personally, I think 1% may even be a bit on the low side. The fact of the matter is, if you live, work, and play in any sizable community or metro area, chances are that you cross paths with other CDers every day, mostly in drab, and never know it!

sterling12
12-25-2010, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=Lara Smith;2358394]Okay....I am going to go WAY out on a limb here. I would say that nearly 100% of the male population has wondered at some point in their lives what it felt like to wear women's clothes of some sort. I would say there wasn't a man alive who NEVER wondered what it felt like to wear a woman's panties. I think they are all lying if they say otherwise. Those of us who did, liked it and weren't afraid.

Well, The Human Animal can be curious, but I'll bet a significant number of males just never gave it any thought at all. A lot of people CAN be very one-dimensional, and their deepest thoughts involve The Next Beer they will consume! But, if we accept your thinking, that would also imply that most females have "thought about" putting on male clothes. (Oh Wait, of course a lot of them do that already, with NO consequences.) But, The Conclusion would be that we have just a butt-load of unhappy repressed people out there.

I'm going to think about this new idea. It might be that we need to franchise "Fantasy Island" Type Businesses and take advantage of this situation. "You too, can dress like The Opposite Sex for The Day!" Not your usual Transformation Services, something much more "Main-Stream." Something we can plunk down in The Mall.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Loni
12-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Doesn't EVERYONE want to be a girl????

not sure if everyone wants to be a girl....but we ALL started as one.

Drew Painter
12-26-2010, 12:50 AM
What man would admit this? Not many even if it is the only thing he thinks about....I am sure if I was asked by a friend that I thought was strongly against this I would say ..Hell no I don't want to dress...But lies are some peoples screen.....

Karan49
12-26-2010, 10:31 AM
There have been scientific studies way back in the 1970's and 80's by Kinsey and Johnson. Through extensive interviews it was noted about one in ten men identified as homosexual while one in a hundred identified as crossdressers. That would indicate that there are roughly 1,540,000 crossdressers in the United States. This group is a biased sample and would seem to skew any opinions on the issue. Since the studies were extensive, intensive as well as longitudinal there is no reason to think that the percentages have increased dramatically. Karan

Naomi Rayne
12-26-2010, 11:12 AM
I would have to say that ALL men at some point or another think about it. Firstly because our imaginations are an incredible tool so i find it hard to believe that a simple thought of what it would feel like to be a girl would not pass through every guys mind. The same thing with girls im sure. So speaking in terms of just basic random thoughts i would say every guy thinks it at one point. Then going a bit further i would say there is the innocent child play. Such as if u have a sister and she wants to play dress up or something like that and theres innocent child games. After that when things become alot more clear about how you identify i would think that a good percentage never think about it again because they have grown past those thoughts and child play. But then there are those that do it in good fun such as opposite days and stuff, and there are those who are too afraid, then theres the fetishists and lastly us who actively pursue in it. Thats just how i would rationalize it all out.

donnalee
12-26-2010, 12:14 PM
As an interesting side note; when I was a kid in the late '50s, I ran across a magazine in a locker room, a Police Gazette (or it's equivilent). This was considered pretty racy for it's time. Among the articles of lurid crimes and pictures of women of questionable virtue, was one about Frank Sinatra and other members of the "rat pack". These guys were demigods in their time and were highly admired by the young men of that generation. The one thing about the article that I retain was that they had all been wearing silk panties (I wonder why, I now realize), stating that they much more comfortable than men's underwear. As I was a kid I didn't give this a moment's thought and doubt that other readers did; crossdressing was literally unthinkable in that era.
Now I wonder.

Kate17
12-26-2010, 11:25 PM
I came across some interesting trivia the other day. The funniest movies of all time as voted by the American Film institute was first place: Some Like it Hot Second place; Tootsie. I am not sure what the rational was for the choice but I find it interesting that movies with the subject of men dressing up as women are considered the funniest. You can look at this several ways but if you take the view that these are the most enjoyed movies of the commedy genra, then maybe you can take a leap and conclude that a lot of men watched these movies secretly wishing they had the guts to do that. I know, that is a pretty big leap but it was the first thing that came into my head when I heard that piece of trivia.

alli2229
12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
I feel that a lot more do than most may think. After all it is natural and acceptable for girls to feel what it is like to be boys. They wear jeans, pants, even boy short undies all the time. They wear their boyfriends shirts and t-shirts all the time. In contrast let a man want to wear a skirt or pretty dress or experience a soft silky nightie and that is just not socially acceptable openly. So the hidden desire to try it must be there in most men at one time or another.

ReineD
12-31-2010, 07:16 PM
I feel that a lot more do than most may think. After all it is natural and acceptable for girls to feel what it is like to be boys. They wear jeans, pants, even boy short undies all the time.

Alli, wearing jeans and pants doesn't make a girl feel like a boy in the least! I'm a GG - I wear jeans all the time and I feel very feminine. I also have some very sexy boy short panties, and they don't make me feel like a boy at all!!! :) Just saying.

If you want to compare apples to apples, you need to compare women who wear pants that are designed for women, to men who wear skirts that are designed for men: like kilts. Ask any man who wears a kilt and he'll tell you he doesn't feel the slightest bit feminine! Do you see the difference?

It's not about the clothes Alli. It's about trying to present as a gender different than birth.

Katesback
12-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Being TS and complete with surgeries I can tell you that it feels NORMAL. I am suggesting to you that there is NO pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It is just normal life to be a girl as it is normal life for a man to be a man.

MJ
12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
not sure if everyone wants to be a girl....but we ALL started as one.

most logical loni you get a gold star

Rachel Morley
12-31-2010, 11:24 PM
"All boys secretly want to dress up like girls, but only a few...have got the guts to admit it...Secretly, you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl?" -- The Cement Garden (1993)

I have no idea, but when I first heard these (and other lines) it was on the front of a Madonna song and ooh yes, you better believe I secretly wanted to know what it feels like for a girl. :) Pick me! Pick me!

As for the general population I would say that Charlotte (Julie in the movie) was somewhat right, there are IMHO a lot of boys who wonder what it's like ... maybe not "all" but more than you might think. :) :2c: