PDA

View Full Version : What gave me away?

Mahoro
12-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Late this afternoon I had an odd but delightful interaction with the UPS driver.

I had been eagerly awaiting a package from Amazon with my Christmas present to myself (a half dozen new anime DVDs), and when he rang the bell I bounded to the door, threw it open and clapping my hands in joy shouted "Woo-Hoo, it's here"!

Now mind you I was in full male mode, wearing sweats, no wig, a 24 hour stubble, and no trace of make up, so there was no mistaking I was a guy. But, I do have my nails quite long, and although they are not painted at the moment, you can never fully remove OPI Red which I had on a few days ago (it leaves a cute pink hue behind on my natural nails).

As I go to sign for the package I notice he's watching my hands, and then when I look up he is glancing over my shoulder into the apartment, where I have my dress from last night and a blond wig draped over the back of my lazy-boy.

At this point our transaction is complete, and I say cheerfully "Thank you, have a Merry Christmas!". He smiles and turns to go, his cheeks look a bit flushed, and he replys as he's headed down the stairs, "Happy Holidays to you too ma'am".

I chuckled for several moments, realizing I'd been obviously tagged/outed as a
CD/TG. What gave me away, the feminine mannerisms and voice, the long tinted nails, the clothes and hair in the background, or was it a combination of these things that the astute (and yes he was cute too) driver put together in the space of our 45 second interaction?

Whatever it was, I found the whole thing strangely joyful and wonderful for some reason, and it was the highlight of my day, even better than getting the package itself.

Loni
12-23-2010, 03:39 AM
i would say the woo-hoo and being very giddy gave you away first. the rest just reinforced the view.

JanetHarper
12-23-2010, 04:37 AM
Perhaps the delivery guy was a sister? Most guys wouldn't be that quick on the uptake.

noeleena
12-23-2010, 05:05 AM
Hi

I would say some men have a inner perception of people . tho you may think what you said was it or any other details that you presented i belive its more than that.
When i worked for a guy doing building ,who wev known for some years now . he told Jos he knew there were things about me before i came out as a woman. he was not surprised at all to know i was a woman. allso a woman wev allso known said much the same thing she knew us in the 60 s . & was not surpised at all. & i thought no one would know . wrong , so do not be surprised then .

...noeleena...

Annabelle1962
12-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Perhaps the delivery guy was a sister? Most guys wouldn't be that quick on the uptake.

Yes, I agree with Janet. I don't think any other guys would say anything like that unless they to where a sister.

Maria in heels
12-23-2010, 05:47 AM

I have to agree with Janet. Nevertheless, he did the right thing and was accepting, and trying to be friendly...that is refreshing

Michelle 51
12-23-2010, 09:06 AM
I think the world is a little more up on cders,tg and ts than we give it credit for.Your not the first tg person that guy has met on his job.I think the combination of the girly whoo hoo and nails and your femme clothing hanging around was enough for him to know.If he was a sister he probably would have tried to make a little small talk just to be friendly.

Sarasometimes
12-23-2010, 09:25 AM
My read was as a whole you almost beat him over the head with a sign saying I'm a CD. Lets recap; "Woo-Hoo, it's here"!, red nail polish remnants, dress hanging in the living room and a wig in plain site. If he didn't notice that stuff he should not be allowed to drive!
Great story but you certainly weren't being secretive. What would you have added as a hint if you WANTED him to notice? Have your bra strap showing?
Happy Holidays to ALL!

Emily Ann Brown
12-23-2010, 09:39 AM
It sounds like you are mentally female all the time girl. Welcome to the club.

We are who we are!

Em
WOO-HOO Merry Cristmas!

meri
12-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Hmm, could it be all the previous delivers he has made to you, let's see, "guy's name" on the package, package is from a site where women generally purchase clothing.... My UPS guy has gotta know something is up with me, and my USPS mail gal, I get far too many catalogs with my name on them from places like "Woman Within" and the like.... egad....

linda allen
12-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Has he delivered to you before? We have a regular driver who delivers to our house most of the time. Maybe you will see him again. Order some more stuff and answer the door dressed. Then tell us what happens. :heehee:

Jay Cee
12-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Whatever the case, it's very cool that he was accepting and went out of his way to acknowledge your crossdressing in a friendly way.

Jorja
12-23-2010, 10:27 AM
One of my jobs in life was a UPS Delivery Driver. Believe me, this guy has seen it all if he has been driving for any length of time. I had everything GG's answering the door completely nude to the newest girl trying out cloths and makeup answer the door. It's nothing new to them.

charlie
12-23-2010, 07:01 PM
UPS drivers deal with lots of people. They talk to a hundred a day. He saw all of the above and was obviously accepting of you. Hence the Mam! Cool guy really.

ReineD
12-23-2010, 07:44 PM
I chuckled for several moments, realizing I'd been obviously tagged/outed as a
CD/TG. What gave me away, the feminine mannerisms and voice, the long tinted nails, the clothes and hair in the background, or was it a combination of these things that the astute (and yes he was cute too) driver put together in the space of our 45 second interaction?

Maybe he's a CDer too?

Before I met my SO, it never would have dawned on me that someone else is a CD even with all the signs. I likely would have thought they were in show business or something. But now that I've been exposed to the lifestyle, I just know.

KristinSkye
12-23-2010, 08:14 PM
What a fun little encounter :P I would definitely say that it was a combination of those things; just plain sounds like he put 2 an 2 together lol. I dunno why but for some reason situations sort of like that always leave me chuckling too.

Oh, and enjoy the new Anime BTW; what'dya get?

Mahoro
12-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I suppose you are all correct, and I should not be so surprised to realize that even without all the 'tells' there are likely lots of folks that can see inside us, past the outer trapping to see me for what I truly am inside. I certainly have a sharp 'gaydar', and it's rarely wrong, so perhaps he was a sister or mabey just has a great 'T-dar' going from all the folks he interacts with on a day to day basis, LOL.

What a fun little encounter :P I would definitely say that it was a combination of those things; just plain sounds like he put 2 an 2 together lol. I dunno why but for some reason situations sort of like that always leave me chuckling too.

Oh, and enjoy the new Anime BTW; what'dya get?

And Kristin, I got complete sets of Kanon, The Wallflower, Rumbling Hearts, Nerima Daikon Brothers, Comic Party Revolution, and Red Garden, so I'll likely not be sleeping this weekend, will be cuddled up on the couch with fuzzy slippers and my purple Snuggie (with lacy lingerie underneath, hehehe!).

Wheeeeee!

Schatten Lupus
12-23-2010, 09:29 PM
You are probably not the first he has made deliveries to. And with the mannerisms, and probably most likely the wig in the background was the piece that put everything else together.

KristinSkye
12-23-2010, 09:42 PM
And Kristin, I got complete sets of Kanon, The Wallflower, Rumbling Hearts, Nerima Daikon Brothers, Comic Party Revolution, and Red Garden, so I'll likely not be sleeping this weekend, will be cuddled up on the couch with fuzzy slippers and my purple Snuggie (with lacy lingerie underneath, hehehe!).

Wheeeeee!

Oh jeez, I feel so out of the anime loop these days, I've never heard of any of those, but I'll certainly check them out now that you indirectly recommended them :P Getting all cuddled up on the couch and watching your new animation gold sounds like fun though - enjoy :hugs:

Nicole Erin
12-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Probably the whole acceptance thing working here.
I mean unless he truely mistook you for a GG (doubtful cause of what you said you were presenting as male) but I am sure he picked up on it, and just decided to give a bit of respect. :)

I don't know how he would have known you are CD though, I mean most men have dresses and wigs laying about don't they?

marny
12-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Hey Mahoro I don't think all the ' tells' are an accident. There have been times when I knew a delivery was coming an I made sure I was dressed. I wanted to see the reaction. In retrosepect, that is very unfair to the delivery person,but as the former ups gal says, they have seen it all.

Joni Beauman
12-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Coincidentally, I was working at home the other day awaiting my gift, a new pc. Fully dressed in new skirt and sweater, eyes done, and - I thought - quite passable. The UPS van arrives. The moment I opened the door, the delivery guy clocked me. Usually it takes the insights of a teen girl to be so deft. He was British, so perhaps a bit more familiar with the practice. But his smile...it was unfairly instantaneous. And wouldn't you know it, at that moment my neighbor passes by walking his dog staring, at the bewildering sight before him. Joni

mywifeswoman
01-05-2011, 06:59 PM
i would say the woo-hoo and being very giddy gave you away first. the rest just reinforced the view.

I agree...alothough it had me laughing, and enjoyed the story...I would have loved to see it. Nice to see that she was so comfortable having fun...Hope I can be that way someday.

sometimes_miss
01-05-2011, 11:00 PM
and then when I look up he is glancing over my shoulder into the apartment, where I have my dress from last night and a blond wig draped over the back of my lazy-boy.
Uh, do you really have to ask?