PDA

View Full Version : Meeting girls our own age?

Nicole Erin
12-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Well first, now I don't want to get my hopes too high but I may have found a potential TS friend who is pretty close to my age. :D

In my years of beErin'ing I have met a lot of women like us, but most are old enough to be my parent. I mean it is cool but sometimes hard to really relate to them on anything other than being TG.

I just wonder if most TG women kind of prefer friends that are closer in age?

Juliemckay
12-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Well first, now I don't want to get my hopes too high but I may have found a potential TS friend who is pretty close to my age. :D

In my years of beErin'ing I have met a lot of women like us, but most are old enough to be my parent. I mean it is cool but sometimes hard to really relate to them on anything other than being TG.

I just wonder if most TG women kind of prefer friends that are closer in age?

In a word, yes. But that said, in general most people prefer to be with people their own age, no matter what the gender

the_me
12-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I'd love to find another CD in my area that is my age to hang out with, for sure. However, I think more important would be having a more experienced mentor figure. Even more important, someone physical to be there and just talk with.

I guess that for me, there is only so much an online community can do, I would kill for a good mother-figure (so to speak).

Joyously 27
12-23-2010, 01:19 PM
For me finding a CD about my age would be like looking for a needle in a haystack,same for finding gay men. Joy PS I'm 83.

AllieSF
12-23-2010, 02:47 PM
I prefer someone somewhat younger than I am. I just find a lot of people my age are too much like me, too opinionated and set in their ways, plus, not like me, don't like busy and noisy bars and clubs, are old at heart, would rather have serious conversations and seem to avoid the fun ones. I am a kid at heart, like it that way and enjoy hanging with the other kids.

laura.lapinski
12-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd like to find one in my area that is my age or younger, and who I could meet and get to know in person. Yes, I'd want them to be average or better attractive.

Alice Torn
12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
For me, I have always had insurmountable trouble finding GGs near my age that are single! Almost always I am way too young for them, or way too old! Never ends!

PretzelGirl
12-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I am going to say yes and no. I think the main thing is having a like or similar mind set. I know from the people I have met already that there are no age barriers for me and that it comes down to us just getting along and having similar interests. After all, you are talking about someone you are going to be around a lot and it comes down to liking the same music, wanting to do the same things, etc. Just the same type of things that make any friendship or partnership work. Being TG shouldn't change that. Now being close in age may result in having more similar interests, but that certainly isn't the only factor.

Nicole Erin
12-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Alright here is what happened a bit more specific -
I was out doing some business Monday and this said TS woman - I didn't know at first. She looked real passable.
When she saw my male ID and said - "You look really good" I just thought she was one of those GG's who seem drawn to us for reasons I have yet to understand. While our GG fans are great, I don't really waste time with them just cause they are TG fans. It just doesn't impress me. But she said - "I am TS also" and it was like, "WHOA!" My feelings instantly went from "yeah whatever" to "Alright! I have GOT to get to know this lady!"

Like many here, I just really wish I had at least one close TG friend who was close to my age. No one can truely understand us except other TG.
I have "straight" friends who are 100% accepting of who I am and that is great. I love them. My TG'ness is just not an issue. Just sometimes wish I had someone in real life I could relate to on this whole TS thing. While I try not to make it a big issue, but to me it IS a big thing cause it does effect our lives more than what we want to think about.

So, I don't know, hopefully this lady feels the same way and years from now her and I will still be good buds instead of this akward, "I hope" stage. Wishful thinking maybe.
Only a TG can truely understand another TG.

Cari
12-24-2010, 01:06 PM
I think as a CD I have two ages; one based on the calendar and one based on how long I have dressing ect.

I think Ive been more comfortable around people closer to my CD age or experiences than my chronological one.
It just seems like you are experiencing the same things together and have more to talk about.

I've met gals my own age who had so much more experience that they were more like mentors.
Of course we liked the same music ect so that was nice.

Ann-Marie
12-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I to would like to have a CD friend whom I could visit and dress up with. I tend to think I would be more comfortable with someone of similar age to myself.
But as my postings show i am in a phase of dressing youner then mchronological age. Would need to find someone who accepts that.

Vickie_CDTV
12-24-2010, 07:48 PM
When I first started out in the TG world (mid 90s), there were really no other people my age to associate with. Starting out at 19 finding another person in the TG community under 30 was a rarity and when they did appear they didn't last long (ironically, citing the lack of people their own age.) We had the internet way back then, but even online youth participation was limited. So, as a young person, if I wanted TG friends I had to get over the age thing quickly. In my case, it wasn't so difficult to do, given I have never really felt "young" in my life and have always been a rather "old soul", as a former girlfriend once described me. I didn't really start to meet people my own age until I was about 30. Looking around on this forum I am glad to see so many younger folks, I only wish I had the chance to meet others my own age when I was so young.

On the bright side, I met lots of folks with more experience and they were able to help me along in a variety of ways; makeup, clothes, etc.

Annaliese2010
12-24-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm intrested in the person not their age. I mean...if I were looking to live with another M2F trans lesbian I guess age could be more of a factor. But I'm not so...I'd like to have as many friends as I can :)