PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere in Time

Michelle James
12-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Remember the movie With Christopher Reeve Called Somewhere in Time? The only thing that keeps him in the past is his belief that he is really there, and then he finds a penny with a modern date on it and it all crumbles. He goes back to his own time. That's kind of my approach to passing. As long as I can believe I am a woman then I will pass. As soon as I remember I'm just a guy in ladies jeans it all crumbles. Since it's a lot about attitude I guess that's just my way of building the confidence to be out there. That is everywhere but the tire shop. Still can't manage that one. Maybe a new years resolution. lol

Starla
12-23-2010, 08:14 PM
One of my favorite redheads, Lucille Ball, used to tell her co-stars that no matter how outrageous or contrived a scene might seem, if the actors believe in it, the audience will suspend their disbelief and embrace it. That kind of applies to crossdressing in public -- if you believe in what you are doing, others will follow suit. If you think "woman," you will telegraph "woman," and others will pick up on it. The minute you start instead to think, "OMG...what the hell am I doing??" that uncertainty will be broadcast in every step, movement, and gesture. If you're comfortable in your own skin (and clothes), others will be comfortable with you.