PDA

View Full Version : A bit of progress?.....No

Stephanie-L
12-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Last night as we were opening some Christmas presents I received a very pretty green satin baby doll nighty. Since my wife does not approve of my CDing at all I knew it was for me to "enjoy" while she wore it. I did make a joke about it being my size and should I model it for her. She jokingly said I should, then a minute later said no, she would be upset. Talk about getting my hopes up for a minute...Stephanie

JohnH
12-25-2010, 04:59 PM
If I'm not so nosy do you wear nightgowns as sleepwear? I do and there are no issues with my wife with that. Maybe you might try wearing them - say that you would like not to have that wedge of cloth rubbing up against the boys when you sleep.

Then maybe later on the baby doll nighty might not be such an issue.

You might point out that if she wears plaid shirts and jeans that she is crossdressing just as much as when you wear a dress.

Jill Devine
12-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Last night as we were opening some Christmas presents I received a very pretty green satin baby doll nighty. Since my wife does not approve of my CDing at all I knew it was for me to "enjoy" while she wore it. I did make a joke about it being my size and should I model it for her. She jokingly said I should, then a minute later said no, she would be upset. Talk about getting my hopes up for a minute...Stephanie
Sometimes joking around and making light of the situation helps. Baby steps. If you keep things light and breezy she might loosen up. And women love to laugh.

Over the yrs I have always teased my wife in the way you described and it has helped lots and lots over the yrs. But gosh, it's a slow process.

StacyCD
12-25-2010, 06:26 PM
In 2006 when I came out to my SO, I would have never believed that I would have painted toenails, wear panties 24/7, sleep in nightgowns with a bra and forms and recently completely dress around the house. Sometimes it seems like a glacial pace but when you look back it has been a lot of progress!

Ozark
12-25-2010, 06:33 PM
...I knew it was for me to "enjoy" while she wore it... My wife would do the same thing in years past, give me pretty panties as a gift knowing that I liked how she looked when she wore them.

Sophie86
12-25-2010, 11:55 PM
My wife would do the same thing in years past, give me pretty panties as a gift knowing that I liked how she looked when she wore them.

I find that odd. What would a woman say if her spouse gave her a pair of tight male jeans for her to enjoy while he wore them? I don't think that would go over so well. I suppose at least if they're given to the husband as his gift, there's not much she can say if she comes home early and finds him wearing them. They're his, right? And he can enjoy them however he likes?

docrobbysherry
12-26-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't believe there is an "easy" or "correct" way to broach this issue with your SO! Everyone's DIFFERENT!
Just keep trying what u THINK may work. Then, be prepared to take a measured step forward or BACKWARD! Lol!

NathalieX66
12-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Stephanie, tough situation that.
My mom, who now makes wicker baskets in her retirement, gets a lathe, and a 5 ft tall Craftsman tool box, the kind that auto mechanics have, and I got one too(which I don't mind, though I wish I'd got pink bunny slppers too).
Gender stereotypes exist, and it's hard for most normal people to skirt around ( minus the pun :))

It's time for us chomosome-challenged to fight back.

gaylegirlify
12-26-2010, 12:11 AM
My SO gave me an extra present for christmas a silk chemise with a little card "something special for someone special", i do feel very lucky that she at least lets me wear lingerie not ok with me fully dressing up as yet but after reading GG thread am going to talk to her more honestly about how i feel, small steps at a time as it must be hard for her as well to understand.

Chickhe
12-26-2010, 02:58 AM
I hate exchanging gifts with my wife... we usually have already bought what we need for ourselves and gifts seem so silly with all the guessing what each of us want when niether of us want either of us to waste money on something we might not want... so, I like your idea about buying a gift for yourself and giving it to your spouse so they can give it to you....

Tina B.
12-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry, but if my wife gave me Panties,a nightie, or anything else, and then told me they where for her to wear for my enjoyment, I would ask for the gift receipt and take them back to the store and get socks, I don't even find that funny. If she knows you like to dress and then gives you something like that and says it's for her to wear for you, well thats just wrong on so many levels. I think it's cruel and unusual punishment.
Tina B.

Sophie86
12-26-2010, 11:48 AM
I hate exchanging gifts with my wife... we usually have already bought what we need for ourselves and gifts seem so silly with all the guessing what each of us want when niether of us want either of us to waste money on something we might not want...

Why not just tell each other exactly what you want? We use Amazon wish lists, but one could also just write it down on a piece of paper. Guessing and trying to read hints is a recipe for hurt feelings.

My wife and I never got over being kids at Christmas. We get gifts from Santa too. :)

Stephanie-L
12-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Thank you all for your replies. In some ways this is progress. About 6 or 7 years ago when she found out I was still dressing (she thought I had stopped, we all know how well that works), she went off the deep end, called me a freak, threatened divorce, etc. She would make nasty sarcastic comments at times, especially if something on TV reminded her of my dressing. She hasn't done that in a few years, and at least is sort of able to joke about it without being mean. And I do find it a bit cruel, her giving me something I would love to be able to wear, especially with her, but I will enjoy the nighty anyway, no matter which of us is wearing it. As to the gift giving thing, we both used to say no gifts every year, then we would buy each other gifts anyway, so we quit saying no gifts, LOL.....Stephanie