PDA

View Full Version : New years toes

Leggy Ashley
12-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi all,
So I like to paint my toenails for all of the holidays. You know, red white and blue for independence day, a nice glittery red for Christmas. My problem is that I don't know what to do for new years, thoughts???? Come on girls go crazy. Post whatever you think and I will let you all know whose idea I go with. Think of it as a fun game.

Kisses,
Ashley

Alberta_Pat
12-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Well, I think that you need to consider a very pale yellow with sparkles. Think Champagne. :)

StacyCD
12-25-2010, 06:19 PM
From September to May my toes have been a bright red for the past couple of years--too much sandal wearing in the summer for pretty toes. FYI. OPI I'm not really a waitress.

Diane Smith
12-25-2010, 09:06 PM
There are lots of New Year's nail art designs that are common -- champagne glasses, rhinestone bubbles, tuxedos painted in black and white. Red and gold are the classic base colors for polish. I have my next pedi appointment on Wednesday, and I'll probably go for a pale metallic gold with rhinestones this year.

And although I'm going out with the girls on New Year's Eve, it's unlikely that my toes will be seen, since it's been awfully cold and snowy and I'll almost certainly wear closed-toe shoes or boots. There's always the hope of something afterward, though ...

- Diane

Missy
12-25-2010, 10:55 PM
pink and white french paint style and it will go good unto valintines day

kaitlin
12-26-2010, 01:10 AM
My Wife and I have been red and green for Christmas, for a couple weeks now! For new years we are changing to a bright metalic purple! After that we will go back to all red!

Violetgray
12-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Hmm... New Year's you say... Maybe get your toes really drunk and then have them make a resolution they have no intention of following up on?

Other than that, painting H-a-p-p-y on your left toes and 2-0-1-1-! on your right toes?

Drew Painter
12-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Silver or gold....and matching sparkely dress, and heels

Amanda Styles
12-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I would opt for something very glittery or metallic in silver or gold.

Samara
12-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Black with a silver stripe the length of your toe with a white starkly dot to signify the ball dropping.

Carol Elizabeth
12-29-2010, 10:44 AM
The prettiest Christmas lights, are the taillights of our kids cars as they haul the grandkids home. Then it was our turn to relax and play a little cribbage. The high stakes this year was winner's choice - the winner could choose to paint the loser's toes red or have the loser paint the winner's toes red. Either way, one of us was going to have red toes until New Years Day.

So here I sit, with ten Chilli Red toes that I did not have to paint myself. I only won one game out of three. She did a good job painting them, better than I could have done myself. New Years day, we play again, this time for pink toes. I wonder if my luck will hold.

eluuzion
12-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Option 1
H A P P Y N E W Y R (10 toes= 1 letter on each toe)

Option 2
Paint miniature portraits of each of the top 10 Recording artists on the list of
“ten best Auld Lang Syne downloads”

Scott West & Sex On Sunday (November 2006)
Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians (Dec. 1947)
Kenneth McKellar (1995)
Dan Fogelberg (1981)
Bing Crosby (1949)
Ronnie Browne (1999)
The Beach Boys (1965)
Kenny G (2002)
Jimi Hendrix (Recorded LIVE December 31, 1969)
The Highland Pipers (1998)

Option 3
Paint ten different images of surface-to-air missiles
one on each toe. (“Missile-toe”)

That’s all I have for now…:drink:

:love:

Jamie001
12-29-2010, 12:07 PM
From September to May my toes have been a bright red for the past couple of years--too much sandal wearing in the summer for pretty toes. FYI. OPI I'm not really a waitress.

HI Stacy,
I don't understand your statement "too much sandal wearing in the summer for pretty toes". It seems to me that in the summer when you are wearing sandals and your toes are on display, you want to have a really pretty bright pedicure. I am lucky that I live in California and can wear open toe sandals all year to to show-off my pretty bright red or hot pink toes.

Jamie001
12-29-2010, 12:12 PM
On December 23, I got a pedicure and with OPI Big Apple Red - it is really Hooker Red :). The nail tech did a design with snowflakes that is good for both Christmas and New Years. Here in Southern California, my toes are always on display year round.

Happy New Year,

Jamie

Michelle James
12-29-2010, 12:14 PM

For me there is too much sandal wearing in the summer not to have preety toes!