PDA

View Full Version : what do you think is

lori m crawford
12-25-2010, 06:37 PM
what do you think is worst being a cd-ts an liveing not to be you or being a real women some of us go out dressed as women an most get a way with it an have fun doing it but to be one 24-7 an do what they haft to do yes me an a lot wonder what it wood be like to be one to me dressing as one oney makes me one not one that i wish is from brith how do you fell

Daintre
12-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Lori what was worse for me was portraying a very masculine person. This caricature was what everyone wanted me to be. I played that part until I gave myself permission to be me and darn every bodies expectations. I only wish I did it many years ago.

Karinsamatha
12-25-2010, 09:13 PM
I am getting to the point in my journey that I no longer care to present as a caricature (the male presentation).
After a week and a half of presenting exclusively as a male. I found it to be emotionally and physically draining - this is indicating to me that I need to go further with my journey to being who I should have been.

sandra-leigh
12-25-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't know if it is the worst, but I have had periods of really wanting to be able to wear skirts and dresses (and a bust) at work. There are times when even the border-line clothes that I wear feel like lies, and wearing something out of the house and changing nearby work "so I don't get caught" at work feels like deceiving everyone at work about who I really am, feels like I'm hiding my gender identity the same way I would if I were ashamed of it. I don't live well on lies, never did.

Presh GG
12-26-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't think there is a person alive that doesn't hide something of themselves just to make a liveing.
Yes even plain, ol middle age GGs like me. I mean Everyone.
It's just how the game is played, I think that's why they call it work. :eek:

Presh GG

Michelle 51
12-26-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't think there is a person alive that doesn't hide something of themselves just to make a liveing.

Presh GG

Presh ..........I don't think I've ever heard it put any better then that dear....How true

Tanya C
12-26-2010, 09:13 AM
I think the imperative hid and deny your gender expression goes well beyond the normal everyday things we keep private for the purpose of making a living.
Personally, I believe that being required to lie about your gender identity is akin to having to lie about your ethnicity, religion or even race. Should an African American lie about their race for practical purposes, if their skin were light enough to pass as white? It would be abhorrent to suggest such a thing.
Transgendered people are entitled to same rights as other minorities. Being TG is not some hobby or extracurricular activity that we reserve for a type of "happy hour", but it is a part of who we are. Just like, for example, a Mexican is a Mexican and he or she shouldn't be expected to cover that up.
In absense of a specific dress code in the workplace we should have the right to our gender expression. And in some jurisdictions, the law agrees.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-26-2010, 11:15 AM
It's hard to tell exactly what your question is due to the lack of any punctuation, but I *think* you're saying is it worse to be transgendered or is it worse to be a woman?

I think questions like this tend to do more harm than good. It's impossible to know who has it worse, nor is it healthy to try to think of things in terms of negativity. All it does it make one dwell on negativity as the focus.

Annaliese2010
12-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Presh GGThat is such a wise observation Presh. And OMG I love your name! A long time since I last heard it... was when Roy was speaking endearingly to his gf in Blade Runner. She was the cutest hottest Nexus 6 replicant I EVER saw. Sweet.

Joanne f
12-26-2010, 03:11 PM
If i was a real woman i could shop , dress and act as most real women do without fear of some sort of retribution coming my way , yes a lot of this is only in my head but i am assuming that it would not be there if i was a real woman .

sandra-leigh
12-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I think the imperative hid and deny your gender expression goes well beyond the normal everyday things we keep private for the purpose of making a living.

I agree. Gender (or at least sex) is considered a fundamental part of one's identity, going right down to names, honorifics, pronouns, appropriate washroom or change area, and so on. We are not in a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" society with regards to our sex or gender: it is one of the very first things that people judge about us (for better or worse.)

charlie
12-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Hello Lori!
I have to associate with Tanya and Sandra. It is hard being a masculine male for me now that I really wish to be wearing and acting feminine. However, my job and being a husband makes me live this way three weeks per month.