PDA

View Full Version : Parents saw my crossdressed comedy!

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I'll try to keep this limited and not let it become one of the novels I occasionally write on here, but another big milestone last night. It was the last show of my week at the comedy club here in town and I had made the decision after my show on thursday before the two-day off break for Christmas Eve and Day, that I would wear my kilt again for the show that night, because it was something I was scared of and so I wanted to conquer that fear. I wanted to see if the things I had done on tuesday night in order to get the crowd to relax and let me do my crossdressing material would work again, so I can make it a regular move when I do shows in areas.

Well around noon as I was sitting on the couch at my computer and my dad asked me if I was going to be at the club that night, and I said yeah, and he said maybe he and my mom would come to the show. Well, I had a moment where I could have decided to go the easy route and wear pants again. But I didn't, instead I said "That'd be nice, but you should know I'm wearing my kilt tonight and I'm going to talk about my crossdressing." He asked if it would make me nervous to have him and mom there, I said it would a little but not enough for me to not want to have them there. I said I was only telling them what I was doing because I didn't want them to be uncomfortable.

Well they had me make them reservations at the show and they came, and it went pretty well. I actually had my mom hold my Flip camera that she got me for christmas, so I should have some video of the set to post sometime soon, I need to watch it first to see how it looks/sounds. The set itself went fine, about the same as my set on tuesday so I was happy there. My parents didn't seem all that uncomfortable with how I was dressed, they hugged me and all that in the bar after the show before I had to rush out to do another show at a bar in town that my friends run, but all in all, it feels really nice that I can be so open with myself both with my family and my profession.

NOTE: I will likely not be posting the video clips as I've watched them now and feel they're not really useable, my mom was holding the flip cam pretty unsteadily and the footage is pretty shaky.

DonniDarkness
12-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Awesome Ryan!!!

I was reading this to my Sugarmomma, and we both wanted to say Congrats
Its gotta be tough up there on stage!

Keep us Posted!

-Donni-

PS we just now watched your comedy link, it was soo funny. We laughed really hard!
If you ever tour to N. FL drop us a PM man, we will come see you!

-Donni and Sugar-

PretzelGirl
12-28-2010, 09:39 AM
That is really fantastic Ryan! I am trying to recall you mentioning your parent's comfort level and I don't recall it (someone told me old age isn't all it is cracked up to be, but I can't remember who it was). But if they can come to a show, then it obviously is good. And you being able to do the show and nail it shows your level too (in having them there that is). Another great situation fo acceptance!

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
There's so many posts on this forum I'd frankly be impressed if you did remember. My dad is much more ok with it than my mom. Alcoholism runs in my family so I think my dad is happy that my vice isn't chemical addiction. He mostly just worries about my safety when I go out. My mom was very unaccepting at first but is coming around. She still doesn't like it and is uncomfortable when I talk about it but she has made it clear she still loves me and is happy I'm happy.

Karren H
12-28-2010, 11:24 AM
That is just too awesome!!

Laura Evans
12-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Great comedy sketch, very funny, and also good ambasador ship for the crossdressing community, thanks for your courage.

Lorileah
12-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Way to Go Ryan! Glad it went well. If you are like me it was just a blur when you are on stage anyway :)
Now off to check the link (see what happens when you are not on here for 6 months?)

kimdl93
12-28-2010, 12:56 PM
That's really great. You and your parents seem to have a great relationship. And I admire your courage!