PDA

View Full Version : Woah! Why did I do that?

jamey
12-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I was so proud of myself for going out in girl mode for the first time ever last week that I....posted a picture of myself in a dress on facebook! I don't know where this new found bravery is coming from, but I feel so relieved that I don't have to hide from ANYONE anymore. I'm a free bitch baby! :D

Emme
12-27-2010, 11:02 PM
The secret we have all had since childhood is a heavy burden. It is so liberating to make it NOT A SECRET any more. You are moving along well to self acceptance! I told all my relatives years ago. I usually don't talk out it...but they know and I don.t have the secret any more.

It will get better in time! I am proud of you too.

StaceyJane
12-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Being out is a wonderful feeling isn't it?

jamey
12-27-2010, 11:21 PM
It's unbelievably wonderful. I don't know why I was hiding, almost nobody seemed to care... and the few who did just had compliments. I do think I made a few people uncomfortable, but they were polite and simply kept quiet.

NathalieX66
12-27-2010, 11:29 PM
The secret we have all had since childhood is a heavy burden. It is so liberating to make it NOT A SECRET any more. You are moving along well to self acceptance! I told all my relatives years ago. I usually don't talk out it...but they know and I don.t have the secret any more.

You ain't kidding.
peace & love. :^5:

JamieTG
12-28-2010, 01:40 AM
I kept everything hidden until age 45 and then I started gradually coming out. Its the greatest feeling in the world when you release something that has been kept inside for so long. And to find out you can be yourself in public and for the most part people really don't care how you dress. I don't believe you can be truly happy until you let the secret out and be yourself.

Jacqueline Vasquez
12-28-2010, 02:34 AM
so cool! so happy for you! its a wonderful feeling!

Pythos
12-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Very cool. Congrats.

Michelle 51
12-28-2010, 06:20 AM
I'm glad for you.If i was young again and knew what i know now I would be myself .It's a lot harder after you spent most of your life hiding a part of who you are.

jamey
12-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Yes, it really does feel good to accept myself...which I couldn't have done without all of the courage I built up from reading all of your posts on this site. I feel like it is a complete shame for people to have to hide who they are, and I hope that I can be inspiration enough to help someone else find their way to self-acceptance.

Angie G
12-28-2010, 09:13 AM
You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

Loni
12-28-2010, 10:27 AM
i have gone so far as to post a photo of myself on a couple web sites but not those were some people who know me will be going..(maybe??).

but never on a public forum were it can be taken and used for "other" reasons. i do not trust face-book. heard of way to many problems unresolved there.

NatalieGirl
12-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I was so proud of myself for going out in girl mode for the first time ever last week that I....posted a picture of myself in a dress on facebook! I don't know where this new found bravery is coming from, but I feel so relieved that I don't have to hide from ANYONE anymore. I'm a free bitch baby! :D

Way to go Jamey! You must be a fellow Gaga fan too. The Goddess of Music has set many people free.

jamey
12-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Way to go Jamey! You must be a fellow Gaga fan too. The Goddess of Music has set many people free.

:) You caught that reference! Yes, I think she's great.

kimdl93
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Congratulations, Jamey. Oh to be young and out!

NatalieGirl
12-30-2010, 10:27 PM
:) You caught that reference! Yes, I think she's great.

Lady Gaga is the Guardian Angel of people like us.

Vickie_CDTV
12-31-2010, 05:44 AM
I only hope you didn't put the picture up on Facebook using your real (legal) name. You may be outing yourself to the whole world (even if marked private; does not really mean private, as many folks on FB found out), and it could follow you forever.

crossdrezzer1
12-31-2010, 07:44 AM
well,,what store did you visit?mall? city? come on,,give us the goods