PDA

View Full Version : Getting "ID'ed"

Jennie1975
12-28-2010, 02:29 AM
So I had been visiting friends all week and had not the slightest chance to dress since sunday. I returned home and found I needed some stuff from walmart, excellent chance to get dressed and shop for some new bra and panty sets. Well, I get done and get to check out I had picked up a bottle of some Yellow Tail Pinot Grigo along with the rest of my items. I know the drill as far as this walmart goes concerning alcohol so I had my ID out and ready. When asked I presented it, being a picture as a male, she then said ok handed it back, whew that went smooth! Nope, "Can I see you ID again?" I gave it back to her and she says "Wow, alot different" I laugh and say "Yup sure is". Then I get the "Oh I didn't mean it that way, liquor control board is always trying to trick us".

Now I know I may not be the most beautiful woman out there, and by no means am I the sharpest tool in the shed, yet I am still turning this over in my mind. Is it me or has this happened to anyone else?

ReineD
12-28-2010, 02:55 AM
What are you turning over in your mind exactly?

Jennie1975
12-28-2010, 04:14 AM
What's really got me bothered is that she asked for my id back and then popped off with that statement. She must have scanned for all the requirements the first time i.e. Photo, age, hidden holograms and such. Why would she ask to see it again, unless ofcoarse I "pass" that much?

kimdl93
12-28-2010, 12:38 PM
She probably did a bit of a double take....I imagine that SAs get rather casual about glancing at IDs...and she may have realized after handing it back that the appeance on the card didn't quite match the person at the counter. She just wanted to make sure the ID belonged to the person presenting it. Now, that being said, you apparently presented well enough...given her lack of reaction.

Kaz
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio? I would check anyone buying that one!

Jennie1975
12-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Wow Kaz it is a nice Australian wine. Even has a cork! Haha

Kim, your probably correct. I used to be very nervous about gettiing id'ed and now it doesn't bother me, because most never react. It just kinds caught me off guard I guess.

ReineD
12-28-2010, 03:30 PM
What kimdl93 said. :)

DaniPat
12-28-2010, 03:51 PM
By the sound of it I think you were more than "just passable".:) Way to go gurl. May I have that sort of courage, which you display, some day.:daydreaming:

TTFN, kisses.:kiss:

kimdl93
12-28-2010, 03:51 PM
FYI, we'll often select Yellowtail Chardonnay - if we're in the market for a very affordable white wine.

Charise52
12-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Yellowtail makes good wines, and Pinot Grigio is especially good under any brand...

Melissa Jill
12-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I used to work in Sainsburys, sometimes on the checkouts. When IDing someone you only really register the picture when handing it back, as you become so automated when doing it.

Kaz
12-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Sorry Jennie.. I was being flippant! I probably drink more Aussie wine than anyone, and yes Yellow Tail is a good modern brand (I even had a few bottles in the stock this Christmas!).

More importantly.. you cruised the check, whatever! Hmmm maybe I should invest in Yellow Tail! :hugs:

Kelly DeWinter
12-28-2010, 07:13 PM
In Maryland the Liquer Control Board comes down very hard on stores that accept fake ID's , I think she was just doing her job, all in all you seem to have presented well. I'd take it as a compliment that she needed to check twice. Great way to end the year :)

BLUE ORCHID
12-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Jeannie, You caused a major sensory overload the poor
thing had to reboot her brain then do a restart.

Kellyis correct about Maryland. The state comptrolers office
would probably be knocking on your door by tomorrow.

Orchid

5150 Girl
12-28-2010, 08:34 PM
That's why I had an androgenous photo done the last time I renewd my DL. I look like an angry lesbian in my DL pic