PDA

View Full Version : Shoppnig Trip to the Mall With A Kind Comment

Mackenzie
12-30-2010, 02:59 PM
I went to Chesterfield Mall, west county St. Louis, today. I had three returns to Dillards and two to Macy's. I had to go to four departments in all.

This was a rather big deal for me, considering the only times I have been out was to go to the 24-hour Wal Mart or to the gas station, both early in the morning so as to minimize any embarrassments.

The stores didn't open until 10:00 but I was there at about 9:15 a.m. I walked around the three levels, looking in windows, enjoying the time. Several people looked at me, some smiled some just went their way. I smiled at everyone.

When I went to return things, I had to sign the little device with the window where you put your signature. My hand was shaking and there was no way that the signature was anything more than chicken scratch.

All of the interactions with the sales ladies went very well. I have been working on my voice, facial and hand movements, tone and inflection. I was quite comfortable.

I also stopped in two other shops looking for wig hair spray. The gals in both shops were probably in their 20's and I had no problems at all.

But the really neat thing was a very kind comment. I was going up an escalator at Macy's and a lady, probably in her late-50's or early 60's was coming down, just about 10 feet from me. She got my attention and said, "Your outfit is so beautiful. You should be a model." I smiled and thanked her and couldn't believe what I was hearing. I thought to myself, "ma'am, if you only knew...!!"

As soon as possible, I got out my cell phone and called my wife to let her know what the lady said. That was a real boost.

After the mall, I went to Merle Norman's to get some wig hair spray and then to Cosco to do some shopping that my wife asked me to do.

All in all, it was really fun and I had a great time. I am including a picture of what I wore. I don't have many clothes anymore since I purged last summer and am slowing able to buy something here and there. My selection for going out is a total of about 3 outfits.

Oh, one other thing. For those of you who are concerned about your height, weight, or other features, go sit at a mall or an airport. Every size and shape of woman imaginable is out there. Do your best to blend in. Get your makeup down, a nice wig, appropriate clothing, walk erect and think about feminine motions. Keep your elbows at your side, shorter strides when walking, gentle movements, not erratice motions. Soft and gentle ways and kind smiles. I say that to encourage you all!

Mackenzie

daphne_pynk
12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
wow way ta go!, I'm practicing the little things myself right now, i feel like i'm doing great with the man gear on but when i practice en fem i walk like a zombie in heels.

thanks for the motivation to try harder

Annette_boy
12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Compliments really do make your day,they sure make mine when I get them.
I am very pleased that you had such an enjoyable time out.
You really are beautiful and could be a model if you wanted
Hugs Annette

sissystephanie
12-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Mackenzie, you are a very nice looking lady!! When my late wife was here to do my makeup and fix my wig, I was able to do exactly what you described! Now that she has passed on I still go out dressed enfemme, but with no makeup and no wig. Just a guy in a skirt or dress. I do get compliments on my outfits from time to time, but very rarely do I get negative comments!! But then I have been CD'ing for over 60 years, so I think I know what to do!

Mackenzie
12-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Thank you for the kind comments. Considering I'm in my mid-50's, 6'-1", 200 lbs, I am surprised that I can blend in. A friend of mine, in reference to putting on makeup, used to say, "A little paint never hurt an old barn."

The boots that I had on had 2-1/2" heels. At the end of the shopping trip, my feet were killing me!!! I told my wife that I understand why GG's just wear flats or tennis shoes. Most of them are out for comfort, not necessarily styling!

Mackenzie

Jill Devine
12-30-2010, 04:06 PM
That's such a cool story. Looks like all your planning paid off big time.

Rachel Morley
12-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi Mackenzie - I agree with all of your recommendations on attitude and movement etc. I think you look fantastic and your outfit looks great. :)

Rhonda Jean
12-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Mackenzie, you look great! The coolest thing... you called your wife! Very, very nice.

michellejenkins
12-30-2010, 06:32 PM
You look very attractive in the attached picture. I like your advice about feminine motions. I am new at crossdressing and have been taking video of me walking. I think I am improving but I still look ackward. I think sometimes I try too hard and get the wrong wiggles in the wrong places. Other times I simply think my movements lack that feminine touch. But I am having a lot of fun trying.

Mackenzie
12-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Rhonda Jean,
Yes, my wife is my best friend, lover, and confidant. I couldn't wait to tell her the comment. I told her, "I'm going to post that on the forum, but people will probably think that I am just making it up." Nope, it really happened... funny situation!!

Mackenzie

KateSpade83
12-31-2010, 07:52 AM
I guess you would feel nervous being so tall!

Why did you purge your clothes?

Andrea's Lynne
12-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Mackenzie - You look great!

Kate - Your POV is skewed, IMO. Try smiling once in a while, too. And I don't give a crap how much you spend on your clothes.

I guess you would feel nervous being so tall!

Why did you purge your clothes?

insearchofme
12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Great story and the woman was right, you should be a model!

Rachel05
12-31-2010, 10:54 AM
That's a great story and I am pleased for you to get such a nice compliment but you do look very nice and you have such a great smile too

Mackenzie
12-31-2010, 06:19 PM
It sure is fun meeting all of you on the forum and getting to share stories and encouragements to one another!

Rhonda, you asked why I purged my clothes. Well, the short of it was that two of my daughters found out that I was CD-ing and really out of embarrassment, shame or something like that I hastily got rid of everything. I knew I shouldn't have, but lesson learned.

I think that many of us, while so enjoying expressing our feminine side, also have a small (or large) conflict that surfaces in our soul from time to time and we try to figure out what is going on.

Some people may think me wierd, like a Cosco lady yesterday. A story I forgot to mention from yesterday... When I went to Cosco for my wife, you have to give the checkout person your Cosco card. It has the UPC code on back with your information, as well as a picture of you (I forgot about that when I handed it to her). Well, after I paid in cash for my purchase, the lady thanked me and, while taking another glance at my card and getting ready to give it to me, gave me a very friendly look and smile, then extended it to me. She knew but again, was very accepting and kind about it.

I'm sure that some, if not all, of the gals at the Macy's and Dillards knew that I was a guy if by nothing else than by my voice that I am working on. I'm getting beyond worrying about those things and enjoying getting dressed, the makeup, heels, and going out. I hope to be able to go more places in 2011.

I would like to thank each of you and give you a hug for your very kind words of encouragement. We all need that!!!

Mackenzie

Michelle 51
01-01-2011, 06:43 AM
You look fantastic.I love your outfit.