PDA

View Full Version : Tucking and injuries

linda.wai
12-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm now tucking 24/7 and I feel much happier this way.

However, I'm getting groin pain and red coloured ejaculate (sperm) recently. My GP cannot rule out injuries caused by tucking and I had an ultrasound test already.

Is it common to have injuries to one's groin (and those things inside) with prolonged tucking?

Faith_G
12-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Uh, I'd stop!

I have not had any trouble (tucked all the time for about 8 months so far) but that doesn't mean you are not having a problem due to tucking.

AllieSF
12-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Could be a bladder infection, which according to my doctor is somewhat rare in men. I had it twice about 6 months apart with the first one starting with a blood discharge in the urine. After the second time and a negative abdominal CT scan y Dr. said that he will treat me like a woman and put me on 500 mg of Vitamin C per day to increase the acidity of my urine in the bladder, which in turn helps prevent the bladder infection from starting. So far it has worked. Women get frequent bladder infections (normally caused by fecal matter) because their urethra opening is so close to the anus. Interpolating that to MtF CD's, tucking brings the male urethra closer to the same place and may increase the possibility of that type of infection. Good luck and please let us know what it was.

Coyote
12-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Anytime there is a red tinged anything it usually indicates blood, and its usually not a good thing at all. I would take a look on exactly how your tucking and try another method perhaps because it sounds like there is some damage going on. Im not a Doctor, but was an Emergency Medical Tech for 12 years and have a bit of knowledge on things from that angle.

I would be curious on what your GP thinks.

thechic
12-30-2010, 11:04 PM
You should have no problems like that, i tuck 24/7 and don't have any problem.Ive been doing it 4 about 2 years.
my be some type of infection.you my wont to check the way you are tucking or mybe its a reaction to the tape you use ,you should use medical tape.

Charlena
12-30-2010, 11:22 PM
I once hurt myself leaning over working on an engine, and for a few days I would have some blood spotting my underwear. I went to the doc and he took a sample and said wait and see if it clears up and it stopped in about a week. Hopefully it will clear up for you soon.

gretchen2
12-31-2010, 10:35 AM
I hurt myself tucking. I had positioned myself wrong and had a little discomfort all day. I ignored the discomfort and the next day I had a third nut. It felt like someone had kicked me. I went to a doc. and she told me that it might go away after a couple of weeks, which it did but it really hurt for about three weeks. Now I really have to be careful when I tuck. If it does not feel right then you have to try to get them in the right place. Now I rarely tuck, it seems to always be tender so I wear alot of broomstick style skirts. I am seriously thinking about an Orchi.

CharleneT
12-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Seriously, you folks tuck 24/7, so at night when you sleep ? Naw .... surely not ?

OP, I hope your prob goes away quickly !!

Faith_G
12-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Seriously, you folks tuck 24/7, so at night when you sleep ? Naw .... surely not ?
Yeah. It still works if it's free to move. :(

If I notice skin irritation when showering I'll let it breathe overnight, but that makes for a bad night with uncomfortable awakenings.

Melinda G
12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Tucked 24/7? Ohmygod. The fact that one person gets away with it, doesn't mean someone else can. There are so many things that can go wrong. Strangled testicle, twisted cord, broken blood vessel, impaired circulation, infection, and on and on.:eek:

Steph.TS
12-31-2010, 04:57 PM
is there a safe way to tuck 24/7?

JohnH
12-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Why do it? I NEVER tuck. Of course, it helps to be a grower and not a shower.

Johanna

Faith_G
12-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Why do it? I NEVER tuck. Of course, it helps to be a grower and not a shower.

Johanna

What does that even mean?

I tuck because it makes me feel better to not have that thing dangling. It helps with my body dysphoria, if you are happy without doing it I am happy for you. But don't act like you are superior because you don't feel the need to tuck.

JohnH
12-31-2010, 10:40 PM
What does that even mean?

I tuck because it makes me feel better to not have that thing dangling. It helps with my body dysphoria, if you are happy without doing it I am happy for you. But don't act like you are superior because you don't feel the need to tuck.

I did not mean "why do it" in the sense of never tucking. It was not clear that I was questioning the need to do it 24/7.

Sorry for hurting your feelings. I did not realize that you were trying to deal with your body dysphoria with the tucking. I just don't wear tight clothes and at rest my male parts are small.

A shower [show-er] is a love stick that is large when at rest. A grower is a love stick that is small at rest but is large when excited. If I were to tuck I would do it only when I wore something tight. The boys do need a rest now and then. I did not mean I was superior - most guys would far rather have show-ers than growers.

Johanna

linda.wai
01-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the sharing.

1) for me, tucking is necessary as a sad compromise to an unfortunate part of me. It's increasingly unacceptable for me to live with the feeling of being "untucked" as I live my day.

2) I don't really tuck tight when asleep unless I'm with my boyfriend. I just can bear it otherwise when I'm with him.

3) as much as I hate my male appendages, my concern here, the topic of my thread, is that I am getting Blood in my sperm/semen. Is that normal with tucking? my GP (or rather the GP and the urologist) I've seen aren't that sure. Tests so far aren't conclusive.

My dilemma is, I can't survive without tucking psychologically but am unsure if the blood in semen is caused by it.
What's the advice?

Sharon
01-01-2011, 11:00 AM
It could be that the bleeding is unrelated to your tucking. The thing is, however, you are bleeding and it means there is an internal injury somewhere and it could be caused by any number of things both benign and not. Find yourself a doctor who does more than say he doesn't know and insist on further testing.

Faith_G
01-01-2011, 12:08 PM
3) as much as I hate my male appendages, my concern here, the topic of my thread, is that I am getting Blood in my sperm/semen. Is that normal with tucking? my GP (or rather the GP and the urologist) I've seen aren't that sure. Tests so far aren't conclusive.No, that is NOT normal. I have never had blood in my discharge, and you are the first I've heard of in several years on this board. I would stop for a while (and I know how painful that is) and find another doctor.

Traci Elizabeth
01-01-2011, 03:27 PM
It should be obvious that any blood is something to watch and can be caused by many things.

I too tuck 24/7 but NOT with tape but just with snug panties. After as long as I have been on HRT, my testes have totally retreated up inside of me never to come out so I do not have that issue bulging or getting hurt or squeezed. Since I am one of those "older - wiser (lol)" gals, I have to use patches and I always need to wear panties to assure that stay in place on my butt. So even at night, I can no longer sleep in the nude (I have tried but my patches end up stuck to the sheets) and wear my snug panties resulting in me being tucked 24/7.

But I have had zero problems tucks and like Faith, can't imagine not being tucked. Looking down and seeing nothing bulging is a reassuring sign and therapeutic in its own right.

But again - blood - keep a close eye on it and don't let it go on too long without finding out the issue causing it.

Faith_G
01-01-2011, 05:04 PM
ILooking down and seeing nothing bulging is a reassuring sign and therapeutic in its own right.Perfectly said!

Kaz
01-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi Linda,

"Cannot rule out" is medical language for it could be related but may not be... i.e. we don't know. I suspect if it is it is rare as there are many people here who appear to tuck 24/7 and have no problems.

Me... I would be going for more tests. It could just be that you've overstretched and torn something, but it could be more sinister. How long has this been going on for? A tear will probably repair easily... though I would try and help the healing process by giving your nuts and associated tubes a rest.

Melody Moore
01-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I have had no problems tucking & I don't use tape, glue or any other method to tuck with. I wear ladies bikini
(swimmers) bottoms a couple of sizes smaller than my regular size as a gaff and these work perfectly for me.

most guys would far rather have show-ers than growers.
Most gay guys might appreciate a 'show-er', but I don't think the straight ones would appreciate it. I don't
want to meet a gay guy anyway, I want to meet a straight guy & I don't want sex until after I am post-op.

So I am with Faith, I am more comfortable & happy with everything tucked nicely out of the way.

Stephanie Anne
01-01-2011, 08:37 PM
The urethral lining is very sensitive to damage and lined with vessels. It can suffer from scaring or injury and cause blood in urine

A bladder infection as well as a testicular infection can also cause this

Agressive ejaculation can damage the inner workings of the ducts and cause bleeding.

I had a kidney and testicle infection this last year and the pain, swelling, and blood were horrendous. It took the better part of two months to stop being painful

Rule out infection above all else. Tears and internal cuts can heal but the best thing to do is to stop tucking for a few weeks to give it a chance to heal. Get a urinalysis done and get a bacterial culture ran.

Stop tucking at night and give your groin area a chance to relax. If you are not used to tucking it can be painful.

Someone earlier in this thread remark on gender dysphoric body image. I hoe it is understood by everyone who posts in here that most of us who also post are MTF trans or inter sexed and as such have some form of dysphoria.

pamela_a
01-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Any blood tinged body fluid is bad and I hope they are able to find the source of the problem. I think the method of tucking makes a major difference. I've been tucked all the time for a couple years now. I'm able to tuck everything back up inside and find it not only very comfortable but I'm able to get a very flat front.

Karinsamatha
01-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I have been tucking 24 / 7 for the last year, I have not noticed any discomfort from it as a matter of fact I am uncomfortable if I am not.

Faith_G
01-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Someone earlier in this thread remark on gender dysphoric body image. I hope it is understood by everyone who posts in here that most of us who also post are MTF trans or inter sexed and as such have some form of dysphoria.Prob'ly me. We all deal with it a little differently and I don't like it when people say things that seem to put value judgments on those differences. That's what got my panties in a bunch about JohannaH's first post. We each have to do what makes us most comfortable in our own skin. :hugs:

linda.wai
01-02-2011, 04:29 AM
The urethral lining is very sensitive to damage and lined with vessels. It can suffer from scaring or injury and cause blood in urine

A bladder infection as well as a testicular infection can also cause this

Agressive ejaculation can damage the inner workings of the ducts and cause bleeding.

Tears and internal cuts can heal but the best thing to do is to stop tucking for a few weeks to give it a chance to heal.

Stop tucking at night and give your groin area a chance to relax. If you are not used to tucking it can be painful.

Someone earlier in this thread remark on gender dysphoric body image. I hoe it is understood by everyone who posts in here that most of us who also post are MTF trans or inter sexed and as such have some form of dysphoria.

Thanks for the very useful and sensible advice.

prene
01-03-2011, 02:42 AM
I tuck 20/7 and have asked my therapist if that was a problem.

She told me that I may just be lowering my sperm count.

Therefore go see a doc.

Steph.TS
01-03-2011, 03:07 AM
I tuck 20/7 and have asked my therapist if that was a problem.

She told me that I may just be lowering my sperm count.

Therefore go see a doc.

can tucking the testicles upwards lower testosterone as well?

prene
01-03-2011, 03:28 AM
I do not think so.