PDA

View Full Version : What do you think this is "really" all about?

meri
12-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Readers of this group frequently post articles about CDing, then getting lost in the "pink fog". Having been lost in the fog numerous times, I have a lot of empathy for my sisters.

Most of you were logical, well reasoned people, before all this CDing started and before you were captured in the dreaded fog. Take a step back, what do you think this is all about and where do you think we are headed? I have my ideas and have posted them several times. I would like to hear your take on the matter....

Happy New Year ladies!

Cari
12-31-2010, 11:30 PM
IMHO I think I have many different colored fogs.
They happen when I suppress or ignore anything too long.
I get Blue fogs when I dress too long
Grey fogs are like cabin fever, when the sun finally comes out Ill be in it.
On other hobby blogs they talk about the same type of thing when you've been away too long.

I think the pink fog is denser than the others; each time its also the most rewarding and challenging to get thru.
For me planning sessions once a month usually helps keep them in check, Ill see the triggers and instead of dropping everything and dressing Ill just think of the next session and add what Ive seen to the plan.
My strongest ones have come after a few months where I had no desire to dress at all; Sometimes that happens when Ive been in another fog working really hard at something else I enjoy.

I have never known for sure where Im headed; but I think that I'm getting better at finding my way thru the fog.
I cant prevent them completely;
I can accept them;
I dont think that they have gotten less intense or frequent over time;
However I do think Ive gotten better at recognizing them when they come and dealing with them when they are here.

Karren H
12-31-2010, 11:40 PM
I really don't know how logical and well reasoned I was at 6 years old.... Just before all this started... And I really don't know where it will take me... Most likely not much further along. But I'm enjoying the life that was thrust upon me... No sense in being stuck here and being miserable... Imho...

Nicole Erin
01-01-2011, 03:46 AM
I don't get lost in pink fog cause my car has fog lights. They actually work well and look pretty cool.
Before and after deciding I wanted to be a transsexual, I was a stark raving mad psychopathic lunatic.
I took a step back but could not reach the keyboard so I had to step forward again.
Where are we headed? I am heading to hell if I don't change my ways.

My take on the matter? I think those ghosts you see on ghost hunter shows are probably trahnnies who are wearing wedding dresses and like to go around scaring ghost hunters.

Joanne f
01-01-2011, 05:04 AM
What is it all about , to be honest i don`t know it is just this urge i have that is pulling at me and where is it heading , somewhere that i am not sure i can emotionally cope with because of the possible consequences .

Shelly Preston
01-01-2011, 05:30 AM
I think being part of the transendered community means we will all have levels of pink fog (or similar)

This is because we are striving to be who we really are.

Where are we headed, well as Karren has said as a young age we dont really know.
Its a journey of discovery for all of us with the biggest decision being are we transexual.

I think we all cope the best we can given our very own circumstances.

We only get one life so we should at least try to enjoy it

eluuzion
01-01-2011, 06:01 AM
I believe humans spend a great deal of their time on Earth trying to convince themselves they are not "crazy". lol

Although the degrees vary, we all have a need to “fit in”. We also need to believe we are rational, to maintain our mental stability.

If we can “explain” something, we possess expertise. If we possess expertise, then we understand something. When we understand something, we feel a sense of power, which equates to the belief we can “control” it. That gives us a sense of security and self-worth within our social groups.

We need to convince ourselves we are well adjusted mentally. Then we need to feel our social network believes the same, and accepts us.
Explaining demonstrates to others that we are “rational” and thus to some extent…predictable in our behavior, and “safe” to interact with.

As far as an all-encompassing explanation?…obviously, the jury is still out.

If I had to guess at the day when somebody does figure everything out…I’m sure it will all come down to money in some way. Everything else in life does…:heehee:

:love:

Kate Simmons
01-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Humans usually need a reason or excuse to do something as opposed to animals that do things by instinct because it's in their nature. It's convenient to have a "pink fog" to blame things on instead of just saying we want to do something. This rationale was made famous by Flip Wilson as Geraldine when he used to say: "The Devil made me do it." It seems that instead of admitting it's part of who we are, we need an outside force to blame our motivations on. As Mr. Spock would say:" The Human Race is most illogical, Captain." :)

Joanne f
01-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Maybe it is some distant thing linked to our brains from the past beginning of life or maybe it is something that is linked to the future of the human race to evolve into some sort of transgender beings who have evolved from a simple male and female species and if it is we are making history by already making our mark on this evolutionary event .

juno
01-01-2011, 08:45 AM
I don't really understand the question. I like female stuff, so I do it. Why make a big thing out if it??

The only historical significance is that modern people have to commit much less time to the struggle for survival, so we have more either have more time to do things for fun, or we sit around and get bored and depressed.

The two genders diverge from a common start, so it is obvious that the divergence will not be exact. I think there always has been plenty of people with non-standard genders (GBLTIQ, etc.) but seldom have had the chance to express it. Humans are just now adapting to having excess free time. Lets hope that more people choose constructive routes of enjoying life.

Starla
01-01-2011, 08:50 AM
There is no "all-encompassing explanation" -- a myriad of factors, both organic/genetic and situational/experiential/behavioral, lead us to do the things we do. Humans like order, not chaos, and want answers, not open questions.

I think there comes a point for any CDer at which you have to let go of the "why" questions. Because, one, you will never have a satisfying answer and, two, the more important questions are what it means to you personally, and how it is to be successfully integrated into your life. Accept your desire to crossdress as a given, and concentrate on making it a positive, enriching, and fun part of yourself. That's a daunting enough task without agonizing about why the desire is there in the first place.

PretzelGirl
01-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I think there are a lot of reasons for this behaviour. For one, we are kind of built in a way that when we decide to start doing something, we dive into it. Our mind and imagination are challenged and it stimulates us. Then there is the gender issue for many of us. To start discovering this part of us can cause us to "overdo" it, and overdo is different for each person. I think these reasons are why it is more prevalent in someone just starting out.

I think there comes a point for any CDer at which you have to let go of the "why" questions..

I agree entirely. With a caveat though. As long as it is not negatively impacting another part of your live, then go with the flow!

sherri
01-01-2011, 10:27 AM
I believe humans spend a great deal of their time on Earth trying to convince themselves they are not "crazy". lol

Too funny! And maybe closer to the truth than we wanna admit.

Debglam
01-01-2011, 11:54 AM
IMHO I think I have many different colored fogs.
They happen when I suppress or ignore anything too long.
I get Blue fogs when I dress too long
Grey fogs are like cabin fever, when the sun finally comes out Ill be in it.
On other hobby blogs they talk about the same type of thing when you've been away too long.

I think the pink fog is denser than the others; each time its also the most rewarding and challenging to get thru.
For me planning sessions once a month usually helps keep them in check, Ill see the triggers and instead of dropping everything and dressing Ill just think of the next session and add what Ive seen to the plan.
My strongest ones have come after a few months where I had no desire to dress at all; Sometimes that happens when Ive been in another fog working really hard at something else I enjoy.

I have never known for sure where Im headed; but I think that I'm getting better at finding my way thru the fog.
I cant prevent them completely;
I can accept them;
I dont think that they have gotten less intense or frequent over time;
However I do think Ive gotten better at recognizing them when they come and dealing with them when they are here.

This hits close to home. While I have given up on the big picture "why" and figure I am just wired this way - to quote Karren:
I really don't know how logical and well reasoned I was at 6 years old.... Just before all this started... Concur.

I am perplexed as to why I've had these feelings my whole life but I felt the overpowering urge to start acting on them now. I may have to consider this unknowable too. I do consider myself to be generally "logical and well reasoned" as the OP said so the intensity of these feelings are a little baffling for me. Since I just started actually dressing I wonder if the dressing will inspire a greater desire to dress or if the need will be satisfied and fade into the background a little??????

Still trying to find my center with all of this but I think things are moving in that direction.

BTW, the posts from you girls who have made peace with all of this are inspiring!

BIG Hug and the Best for the New Year!
Debby

suchacutie
01-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I will admit that my wife and I were mystified that Tina actually existed at all, but since we identified that she existed we have become less and less surprised. After not understanding about Tina for 55 years (not even contemplating that she existed), the immediate driving force is to find out who she is and what role she has played in my life. We don't see any other way to do that but to encourage Tina to have a life of her own so that we can learn about her. My wife and I regularly ask each other what role Tina plays in this or that activity. How has she shaped my professional life, my personal life, my life as a father, etc. The answers have at times been startling, but always informative. One small example: About a year ago I had an immense amount of detailed work to accomplish for my job and I was just having trouble getting started. Knowing that Tina is incredibly fastidious and detail-oriented, my wife suggested that Tina would make short work of the tasks before me. With nothing to lose I took an hour to transform to Tina, and with 5 hours she had done 3 days of work.

It's taken a lot of hours, and will take many more to let Tina develop fully, but how can I not do that? How does one deny a part of their being?

Tina

Rianna Humble
01-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Most of you were logical, well reasoned people, before all this CDing started

I can't remember far enough back to know whether I am one of the "most" or not

I really don't know how logical and well reasoned I was at 6 years old....

:yt:

I was a stark raving mad psychopathic lunatic.
I took a step back but could not reach the keyboard so I had to step forward again.

:rofl2: :roflmao:

It's convenient to have a "pink fog" to blame things on instead of just saying we want to do something. This rationale was made famous by Flip Wilson as Geraldine when he used to say: "The Devil made me do it."

I prefer the version one of my former religious friends uses "The devil tried to make me do it, but I did it all by myself"

I think there comes a point for any CDer at which you have to let go of the "why" questions.

I never was worried by the "why", but I had to come to terms with who I am - after that the "why" became redundant for me.

JohnH
01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
At one time it was widely acceptable for men to wear clothing we would call feminine. Also their painted portraits frequently looked quite feminine. An example is Matthew Henry who wrote his famous Bible commentaries in the early 1700's. Men now have to look plain and manly for some stupid reason - as if we still live on the frontier and have to fight off animals and invaders.

Not all men have the proportions of what is ideal for men. I am an example with my breasts, waist above the naval, and wide hips. I am not on hormones. So I definitely have a feminine side that is reflected in my clothes and my interests, such as I prefer sewing to video games. When men did not have to look so plain and "manly" I would have fit quite comfortably with typical men's clothing back then. But the choices for men is so narrow I feel the need to go outside of those conventions.

Johanna

sissystephanie
01-01-2011, 01:40 PM
I have been CD'ing longer than many of you have been alive. But one thing has always been constant! I do not think I have EVER been a victim of Pink Fog. I am a male and know it. I just love to wear feminine clothes. No matter how I am dressed, or made up, I am still a man!! There is no desire to be a woman at all. Just to look like one, but nothing more. I know who and what I am, and that is all that matters!! For the record, now that my dear wife has passed away, I no longer wear makeup or a wig. But I still dress enfemme, and go out in public. I will probably do that until I die!!

VanessaVW
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Most of you were logical, well reasoned people, before all this CDing started

I fall into the category of "I was a small child" when all this started. I've thought about this too much to worry about it, as I really have accepted crossdressing as a part of my personality and existance. It's much more important to me at the end of my life to be remembered as a good and decent person than a "manly man".

Loni
01-01-2011, 06:23 PM
all i know is i tended to just wander around with no goal, or mind set, lost in nothing, depression hits very hard. and for years i was lost in work. not a true workaholic...just one with no life. no goal, nothing to look forward to. my younger years are lost in the fog of life. time to make new memories.
but when i found my self and got back into dressing i came alive. the depression is all but gone, i am looking forward to a time with no work, and just doing things as i like to be as me. i see goals in my life, yes some very bad set backs happen. but i am over coming them, but before i would just let them roll over and consume me.

maybe not the greatest in choosing words. but i try.
life can be a itch (pre censored) at times and so can i. would just like to be know as loni when this happens :-).

even this april i am hosting a "rv" party any out there who camp in a rv (any style, size, kind) are welcome it is to held in mid april a dry camp 10's of miles away from it all.
pm me and i can get you more info or check the thread here. http://crossdressingrvers.com/

maybe one latter in the year in lost wages.

Loni

i am me as born...but love to be loni as much as i can. and try to mix her into my "other" hobbies. i have way to many so maybe i will drop a couple or four. (hard to afford them all).

curiousrabbit
01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I think...

That males (and females, though this is lessoning) are forced into a fairly narrow list of acceptable behaviour and expression.

I don't believe there is anything inherently gender specific about a certain piece of clothing (at least not truly). The idea that a skirt "belongs to girls" is simply a result of the society in question having randomly claimed that.

You can see this is true by just looking at various cultures and various times. You can clearly see how "girls clothes" move into completely acceptable "male clothes", and vise versa. Even today, we see men begining to wear "skinny jeans" as a trend in younger generations (along with increased attention to cosmetics). Just go into the store and you will see female beauty products being re-packaged and sold to males (something that wasn't there a while ago).... this is also a growing trend as males (in general) begin to move away from their limited positions.

I often see CD'ers and TS's be guilty of using and playing to these stereotypes (which, they are trying to get away from in their own gender!). Saying "oh, women must *insert whatever women must do here*"... as if being female (or being male) comes with a rule-book of how you "should be".

For some, it is a sexual fetish. But for many others, it seems to be an extreme caused by the lack of a "middle ground" (there simply aren't a wide range of fashion and cosmetics for men...so, the only option when faced with the desire to explore this type of expression is to think "well, I guess that means I'm a girl" as they go looking for female clothing and makeup and hair).

Where this is all headed? Sadly, things move veryyy slowly. But, eventually society will allow males more freedom in this area (again, you can see this with women already happening). Men won't be faced with social pressure and ridicule for wanting to dress and use makeup in increasingly diverse ways (just as no one bats an eye when they see a woman walking down the street without makeup and in pants and a jacket).

Society would have you believe that a man can not be beautiful and that is a quality left to females. They would have you believe that it makes you "un-manly". Yet, I would argue that males do have beauty and society is simply refusing to explore that possibility. ((Again, just look at history for how men were able to express themselves... frills, makeup... even the very form of a man was celebrated in roman culture).

Would you still be considered a crossdresser if everything you currently do were accepted by society as male behaviour?

Kate Lynn
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Sometimes I think Goddess created us because she has a funny bone,and she wants to see how the rest of our species reacts to difference,to test their tolerence,intelligence,compassion,and understanding,you know,like how your dog or cat reacts when they see you dressed in womens clothes.

I like it when my dogs,cat,and ferret don't point their paws at me calling me names,mocking me and ridiculing me,while laughing their butts off.

Coyote
01-01-2011, 09:22 PM
...I like it when my dogs,cat,and ferret don't point their paws at me calling me names,mocking me and ridiculing me,while laughing their butts off.

I donno. The first time I stepped out my room femmed up, my dog was in the hallway on the floor. He titled his head, then plopped a paw over his eyes... I think he was scratching something on his nose, but I had a funny thought he was trying to wipe his eyes because he didnt believe he was seeing what he thought he saw... 8=P

Misty G
01-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Being 60 yo in a few weeks I ran out of the fog a long time ago and I am willing to go where ever this takes me. But being dressed to some extent 90% of the time i will just go with the flow.

Cari
01-02-2011, 12:49 AM
I have been CD'ing longer than many of you have been alive. But one thing has always been constant! I do not think I have EVER been a victim of Pink Fog. I am a male and know it. I just love to wear feminine clothes. No matter how I am dressed, or made up, I am still a man!! There is no desire to be a woman at all. Just to look like one, but nothing more. I know who and what I am, and that is all that matters!! For the record, now that my dear wife has passed away, I no longer wear makeup or a wig. But I still dress enfemme, and go out in public. I will probably do that until I die!!

I would agree with this, but I get the fogs where dressing just seems to take first place in about everything for awhile.
It will take up all my spare time; but for me its not like I think I am a woman for awhile.