PDA

View Full Version : something only G.Gs can know about?

suzy1
01-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Sometimes I get the impression that some members here think there is something mysterious about dressing in fem things.
Like its something only G.Gs can know about.
And we have to struggle to emulate.
I put my first 4” heels on and clip clopped along without a problem.
The women inside is there. Just let her out and away you go.

And have fun, SUZY

SheriM
01-01-2011, 04:59 PM
There are some fem things that I do know about - mostly because I have experience with them - shopping, blouse, skirt, shoes, etc. There are other fem things that I don't know much about - can't seem to get the "layering" thing right, even though I have been to a makeup counter (once), I'm very unsure of make up colors and techniques.
SheriM

Kaz
01-01-2011, 05:26 PM
There are some fem things that I do know about - mostly because I have experience with them - shopping, blouse, skirt, shoes, etc. There are other fem things that I don't know much about - can't seem to get the "layering" thing right, even though I have been to a makeup counter (once), I'm very unsure of make up colors and techniques.
SheriM

My 22 year old daughter started with make up at what... 13/14? probably before without us knowing... since 16/17 she was virtually always made up.. for school/college, going out.. several changes of look a day not infrequent.... So how many hours learning and practice has she put in?

I find that some fem things are easy and just come naturally. Heels just always felt right and I could run in 4" heels very early on. But some take more work. Make-up is harder than choosing a blouse and saying yes or no!

I agree with Suzy though... it is there inside, and discovering is a big part of the thrill.

Karren H
01-01-2011, 05:39 PM
For some of us who don't have women inside telling us what to do and how to do it.... Its not so easy... Lol. A lot of what women know were taught to them by their mothers.... And I was Apparently not there that day or not paying very good attention!! Like anything else in life... Very little comes naturally and takes a great deal of practice.... If it didn't I'd be playing downtown at the NHL Winter Classic tonight instead of setting home watching it on TV.... Sigh..... Ohhhh. Go Penguins!! :)

Starla
01-01-2011, 06:07 PM
You could cite just about any aspect of female grooming, dress, deportment, and behavior. Girls get a whole childhood, adolescence, and teen years (and into young adulthood) to learn and perfect these things through experimentation, trial-and-error, and shared insights and practices. The typical CDer, coming out in middle age (although they're coming out earlier and earlier nowadays, thanks to teh interwebs) is a couple of decades behind GGs, and going through a "crash course" in it all, divorced from the context of that missed experience of growing up as a girl.