PDA

View Full Version : Family resemblance

Starla
01-01-2011, 05:22 PM
A recent post by GingerLeigh (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?146208-Mistaken-Identity), recounting her father mistaking an old CDed pic of her for one of her sister, got me to wondering. How many of you feel (or have been told by others) that you strongly resemble your mother or sister(s) when crossdressed?

I had no siblings, but in my CDing heyday, I very much resembled a younger version of my mother, especially in my workplace look during my brief full-time years (conservative hair, makeup, clothes). This was a little unsettling, but also complimentary, as my Mother was a rather attractive lady in her day. It was also not in the least bit surprising, as I had been told all my life by relatives and friends that I looked like her ("Wow...there's no doubt that you're her kid, that's for sure!"). Add femme hairdo and makeup, and the effect was intensified.

Do you see, or have others noted, a resemblance in your own femme appearance to your mother or sister(s)? If so, how do you feel about that? Is it a little freaky, or do you take it as a compliment?

Karren H
01-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah!!! My mother resembles me enfemme!! And my sister resembles my mother.... And were all small breasted man haters!!! Same as my grandmother... Surprised any of them had kids!! Lol.

AllieSF
01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I caught one of those rare glance of instant recognition of me looking a little like one of my sisters. I have never seen that resemblance again. But it was a little unsettling when it happened.

Starla
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Karren, somehow I just knew you'd be one of the first to jump on this. (I almost choked on my Diet Coke when I got to "small breasted man haters!") In the brief time I've been on here, I've concluded that you are outrageous, over the top, and more than a little psycho.

Fortunately, I like that in a person.... :hugs:

VanessaVW
01-01-2011, 05:58 PM
When made up, I look way too much like my mom. It's almost spooky!

DebsUK
01-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I look like my Mam, but the biggest shock was seeig an old picture she has of her mother, my Nana, taken maybe in the 30s and she is the double of me en femme. It's almost scary

DonniDarkness
01-01-2011, 06:18 PM
My cousin said to me when i showed her my CD pics, "You know we look so much alike and good for you cuz im hawt!"

She is one of the few ppl i am out to in this world, it was a huge confidence builder for her to say something sweet like that.

-Donni-

Alice Torn
01-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Yes, at the nursing home, a nurse said i looked a lot like my mother, in the head and face. Isuspected such, and admit, that some of my photos make me look a lot like her. It bugs me some.

Sophie86
01-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Growing up, I was always told how much I looked like my mom. I had her hair, her eyes, and her mouth. My older sis has seen me dressed, and she says I look like one of my younger sisters. My wife, however, says I look just like my older sister. lol. I guess it's safe to say there's a strong family resemblance amongst us all. One thing I have in common with those two sisters, unfortunately, is my lack of hips. My mom and my other two sisters don't have that problem. :)

Raychel
01-01-2011, 06:43 PM
My wife saw one of my avatars recently and said that I look just like my sisters. I am not so sure that is a good thing.:straightface:

Michelle 51
01-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I shaved my mustache and goatee after 36 yrs so I could start going out and soon as my seen me she said "you look so much like your older sister".

juno
01-01-2011, 07:40 PM
No, I resemble my father, and I don't have any sisters. However, I found some pictures of him when he was young and thing he would have been a good looking MtF, certainly better than me. My mom told me about one time when he had no clean underwear, and she gave him some panties to wear to work. He did, and was fairly indifferent about wearing them. So, he is at least not biased against the idea. I think he missed out on a lot of fun.

Leyna
01-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I look like my mother a lot. Honestly, even when I'm not CDing, I look a lot like mom.

Angiemead12
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
yes i do look like my mom when im made up!

Kate Lynn
01-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Karren, somehow I just knew you'd be one of the first to jump on this. (I almost choked on my Diet Coke when I got to "small breasted man haters!") In the brief time I've been on here, I've concluded that you are outrageous, over the top, and more than a little psycho.

Fortunately, I like that in a person.... :hugs:

Thats why Karren is who she is,personally I wouldn't want her to be any other way.

As for me,I don't look like anyone in my family,but I have been told I look like s**t.

Stephanie Miller
01-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Does our family dog count?

Diane Smith
01-02-2011, 01:06 AM
At my mother's funeral five years ago, a co-worker of mine saw a picture of my Mom from when she was about 17 years old and insisted that it must have been a picture of me, dressed up. I had never appreciated the resemblance before but, in looking at that portrait with him, I had to agree -- with a little makeup and my hair styled the same, I really could look just like a young version of my mother. That's not a bad thing, since she was quite a good looking lady, especially in her teens and 20s.

Equally interesting was that the guy assumed, with no hesitation or implied judgment at all, that I apparently routinely dressed like that. (I do, of course, but I'm not fully out about it at work.)

- Diane

Cari
01-02-2011, 02:03 AM
I dont see a strong resemblence to any family members.
I do see a few features that I got from Mom.
People would say oh you have your moms eyes, but I never saw it until made up.
Then again makeup also pointed out what I got from dad so maybe it just made me look closer :-)

Since I see both sides its not freaky or uncomfortable for me.

Avana
01-02-2011, 02:07 AM
When made up, I look way too much like my mom. It's almost spooky!

me too!!!

ClaireT
01-02-2011, 03:19 AM
The first time I really made an effort with makeup I was surprised to see a remarkable resemblance to my cousin. I don't think I look anything like her as a bloke but made up we could be sisters.

Trish
01-02-2011, 07:40 AM
My wife tells me I look just like my mother, when I dress.

insearchofme
01-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I look like my younger sister, the poor thing!

Nataliebabe
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I do see some features from my mother, but, when I first put on my new wig and looked in the mirror, I thought, OMG, I look just like my younger sister!

Lora Olivia
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Yes, I have been told a few times that I look like my sister and a couple of nieces. Really I don't find this surprising as we are have genetic material in common and the feminine presentation would likely show. I can see resemblances to my Aunties on my fathers side which support this.

Jilmac
01-02-2011, 12:17 PM
The only resemblence I bear to my mom or sisters is in the size of my boobs. My mom was a petite 4' 11", 110 lbs but wore a 36D bra. All my sisters are D cup or larger, so yep I blend in with the rest of the family.

Jay Cee
01-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I actually look less like my mother when I am dressed than when I am in drab. Well, that's my take on it, at any rate. Not too many people have seen me dressed, so the jury will have to wait on that.

Debra Russell
01-02-2011, 01:42 PM
I showed a picture of me dressed to my three sisters and there comment was "we all said that we wanted a little sister", then one would say how much I looked like the other -- we all look alike, and my mother and my niece the only difference is I am prettier.:heehee:

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
God, yeh mother and I the same. Funny though she says you got to lose more weight. I do what mother suggests...at times. Naughty boy/girl.

Joanne Curl
01-02-2011, 06:24 PM
When I wear my dark hair and I look in the mirror, I see my mom staring back at me. I never thought I resembled her until then.

helena.gcd
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
nope, i've seen pics of my mother when she was younger and i have spend the whole week with my pretty sister and i can tell you that i look like my father, except for his green-grey eyes. why do i got boring brown ones?