PDA

View Full Version : Do people think you have a good imagination?

Sarah Doepner
01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I know when I dress en femme and look in the mirror I'm looking through the filter of my imagination. I try to live life based on reality and make logical decisions, but I'm happier when I can daydream a little and not be bound by the world as it is. People that know me think I have a strange take on things and don't mind my little flights of fantasy and stories I may tell. Is this good imagination a part of our corner of the world or are you pretty much living in the real world most of the time? Are you known for your creativity or your rock solid, logical nature?

MiraM
01-02-2011, 01:33 PM
I am pretty much required to be imaginative and creative as part of my work. As I Chef, I have to make different specials everyday, that are not and have not been on our menus, from whatever happens to be on hand at the time. To be able to create a dish that people will buy at anywhere from $15 to $50 a shot, never knowing what you may have to work with, you have to have a very good imagination. I also do 3D art as a hobby. I can't say that I am imaginative and creative because I am a CD or that I CD because I am. I just have the ability to do it and be successful at it even when others think some of my dishes are a bit odd. As far as logic goes, that is something I tend to not have at times. Just ask anyone that knows me, and knows about the issues I am struggling with at the moment. There is no logic involved. I tend to think with my heart and emotions more than with reason, and it tends to make things quite complicated at times.

Mahoro
01-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I make a living off being analytical and practical, but my heart and soul reside in a land of magical creativity.

With my crossdressing I think both these aspects of my personality come into play quite a bit, as I strive to have every aspect of my outfits and make up look a certain way, but when I look in the mirror I also see things through that dreamy filter of imagination. (it helps me to take off my glasses when I do the final inspection before going out, LOL!)

My guess is a certain amount of imagination is required for us sisters and brothers that walk the gender variant path, I love this little exercpt from the Wiki article on Imagination;

"Imagination is the key to new development of the mind and can be shared with others, progressing collectively."

sissystephanie
01-02-2011, 02:18 PM
As a person who makes his living selling to the public, I have to be analytical and practical. But all my friends know that I also have a vivid imagination. I put that to good use as a crossdresser!!

Kate Simmons
01-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Who can really say Sarah? Reality for one person may not be the same reality of another person. We basically create our own reality more or less.:)

Kelly DeWinter
01-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure ... ? (what do you think ) wink wink .

Karren H
01-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm afraid Engineers don't have an imagination.... They have the Knack - a rare condition characterized by a extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical. Its a curse and a gift!!! Lol. ?

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I live in a parallel universe. This universe allows me to live as female void of threats from anyone or anything threatens me or my beliefs. I travel to and fro through a portal which is within my mirror. I stare into the mirror and as I apply makeup I enter the universe within which I exist as a shapeshifter. The extent of this existence is dependent upon those threats that I have experienced during my time as male within the this old universe. If I stare into a mirror, any mirror I can visit this universe for a fleating microsecond so I can exist within the borders of the universe over ruling any existing boundary conditions that prevent others from entering. Sometimes I need to wear a mask so that I can exist in both worlds without disturbing my unique system. The mask is that of a male where I live and work as a slave to masculinity. When I enter the portal the mask is slowly lifted revealing my feminine side so I can exist within the parallel universe. Once within this universe I fly and hover as a female elf above the pink fog that exists on the surface of that below me. Observing, collecting thoughts and devouring knowledge to satisfy my hunger. I see a shopping center. I land with a never ending supply of money I purchase jewelry, shoes, dresses, skirts and JEANS. I then go to my home within this universe and model my new garments, mixing and matching styles creating new styles. Once I am alerted, usually sleepy eyes I fly to the portal and pass through back into the old universe ready to face the day as a male.
Yep, I love my imagination because without imagination creativity would be hard to find and so too innovation and design. Designers create and produce, others make it work. Some people are lucky: they can imagine, design, create and make it work. They are the inventors of innovations.

tamarav
01-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I think imagination and fantasy go hand in hand for us. I was so caught up in fantasy that it spilled over into reality. I started working dressed and found out that imagination can lead to some great realities.

PretzelGirl
01-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I think imagination is important to exercise our mind and feed our sanity. Everything can't be practical and constantly unchanged. But then you threw this bit in at the end:

Are you known for your creativity or your rock solid, logical nature?

I think creativity goes in a different path. Like Karren, I think I am creative in that I can find different ways of getting things done. But I have never had good artistic skills, which is another form of creativity. I can go on taaz.com and be frustrated in 10 seconds. So I actually think there are a few different "slices" to this pie.

NathalieX66
01-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Okay.

Here's something to think about:
Albert Einstein once said "imagination is more important than knowledge"

I have no issue with his intellectual capability except one thing. Let's take the statement I metioned above. let's pretend each bit of knowledge is a Lego.

I was a Lego-obsessed kid when I was young.....not into girls' dolls and not into sports like all the opther boys. If someone gave you 5 legos to build the most creative thing you could come up with, I believe you can only come up wtih so many things, given 5 legos.

If someone gave you 100 Legos, and asked you to come up with the most creative thing you could possibly build, then the sky is endless. ...well, at least, nearly so.

Which leads me to believe that knowledge and imagination are equally important.

One cannot do without the other.

That's my rant for today.

suchacutie
01-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Imagination is necessary for knowledge. Facts can only come together if the mind can tool them into an interconnected whole, and then...the important point...use that imagination to go beyond the realm of fact into the realm of what might be. This is truly the source of inspiration in genius.

The reason that imagination is more important is that all the facts in the world cannot create the genius which is what is imagined with those facts.

You might try to argue that they go hand in hand, and to some extent that must be true, but it is imagination that leads facts to genius.

:)

As far as crossdressing, how could be envision or other-gendered selves without imagination :)

tina

Alice B
01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I live in the real world most of the time and am noted for my logical skills. But I am a retired professional photographer and am creative in my art and have won many international awards. As Alice I'm in a creative world, complete with the normal fantasy's we all have. I love that world and have a great deal of fun with it.

eluuzion
01-03-2011, 12:04 AM
‘Serious-minded people have few ideas. People with ideas are never serious.’
— Paul Valery‘

“Your knowledge has limits but your imagination does not.”
— Geraint Straker

Do people think you have a good imagination?

Well, most people think I am always walking a tightrope stretched between inventing something great or being declared a lunatic and confined to a sanitarium.:heehee:
I believe in our society, the line separating imagination from insanity is very thin.

Are you known for your creativity or your rock solid, logical nature?

Both. I would say out of 100%, I would probably be 90% creativity and 64% logical.:)

‘Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.’
— Jules de Gaultier

:love:

Tanya C
01-03-2011, 12:30 AM
As an architect I frequently utilize my creativity and logic when designing a structure. It's kind of like crossdressing in the sense that I'm involved with the designing and engineering of a woman.
Both give me a great sense of accomplishment.

Steph.TS
01-03-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm afraid I don't have much imagination, except when it's used against me :P I use my mind to think things through logically to problem solve.