PDA

View Full Version : What if females and males did not use ANY facial make-up?

eluuzion
01-03-2011, 06:47 AM
I used the search engine but did not find anything on this. If one exists, please point me in the right direction. If not, I guess one exists now, eh?

How do you think the “world” would be different if humans did not wear any (facial)make-up? I mean both females and males. (Assuming shaving/plucking hair, wearing wigs and other appearance issues continue on as usual).

I am interested in the human relations aspects, not the economic impact, global warming or how many trees it would save, lol.

What might change and how?

Mary Morgan
01-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Beer consumption would probably increase substantially.

Michelle 51
01-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Well we've been here 10.000 yrs and makeup as we know it outside of powder has only caught on in the last 100 yrs I don't think it would make much difference outside of the fact most women and some men wouldn't look near as good as they do.Plus I wouldn't have to wait for my wife to get ready whenever we go out.

Loveday
01-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Perhaps a world of beer drinking Elmer Fudd's and the Simpsons.
To get real, from what I remember in the very early 60's and 50's makeup was not used as extensively as it now. All I remember was women wearing lipstick and I think it was called rouge, a lite blush and they would powder their face. Of course I am only talking about everday people. Maybe I'm wrong, that was long ago.

Dannigirl
01-03-2011, 07:41 AM
What might change ? This fugly CD would never leave the house !! :D And I would have more money to buy lingerie because I wouldn't have to spend as much on beard shadow cover.

Violetgray
01-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Well we've been here 10.000 yrs and makeup as we know it outside of powder has only caught on in the last 100 yrs I don't think it would make much difference outside of the fact most women and some men wouldn't look near as good as they do.Plus I wouldn't have to wait for my wife to get ready whenever we go out.

Actually, not true. We know that the Egyptians and the Greeks and Romans have been using cosmetics since blah blah thousand b.c.

If there were no cosmetics, people who wish to cross the gender line and pass would have to go to more extreme measures, such as electrolysis and ffs. Otherwise, many wouldn't feel safe about leaving the house.

Loni
01-03-2011, 08:01 AM
alas even a lot of real women would fear leaving the house.
but i would save a ton of cash not having to buy all this stuff cluttering up my bathroom and purse. and i would need a second room in the house just to keep all the "other" clothing i would have bought with the cash.

and nothing would see the light of day :-(

BRANDYJ
01-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Most of the current and past super models would not be known. Have you ever seen some of them without makeup? I saw an article in some magazine some years backk that had photos of the top models without any makeup. You would not believe how very unattractive some of them were. There were several that I would not like to wake up next to in the morning! lol
Of course there are many women that are simply beautiful without any makeup. s for us CD's...well we would not be as out as we are today. No passing or blending. I'm glad we have cosmetics.

audreyinalbany
01-03-2011, 08:28 AM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37130121/ns/today-today_fashion_and_beauty/

check this out for a glimpse of some famous women without make up

Emma England
01-03-2011, 08:29 AM
The world would be as ugly as most men. No thanks.

Karren H
01-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Bet burkas would be more popular!!

Life would suck so bad I'd run away and join the circuis!!! Clowns can still wear makeup right??

linda allen
01-03-2011, 09:29 AM
In my experience, there are lots of women who don't wear makeup on a daily basis. Others won't leave the house without an hour's worth of preparation.

Zoe Preston
01-03-2011, 10:19 AM
How would the world be different? It would suck all the fun out of CD'ing for me for a start. I'm trying my best NOT to look like a man in a dress - no chance of appearing otherwise without make-up :eek:

Zoe

SuzanneBender
01-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Life without makeup! What a nightmare! I would feel silly sitting in the middle of Sephora or a department store with some strange woman just dusting my face, lips and eyes with a dry brush.

I would be forced to do something to cover up the imperfections. Hmmmm maybe I will crush up some berries and other pigments. I could throw in some minerals and other chemicals and put it on my face to make myself look wonderful for the world. Alas I am glad I don't have to do all of that because we have of makeup. :heehee:

Joanne f
01-03-2011, 12:42 PM
We would learn to take people at face value for what they are and what they look like naturally and more importantly we would have to learn how not to hide behind a mask and find an inner confidence that some people do not have ,male or female.

suchacutie
01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Life would be a little less fun!

SweetPea_GG
01-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I do know that being a GG that there is a difference when I leave the house with make up and hair done other then leaving the house with no make up and hair pulled back.. I get treated a lot different.

Genivieve
01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
I started using cosmetics in everyday life dressed as a male. I started to feel a bit guilty because I would think
things like "hey my skin isn't that color really, my eyes aren't that bright, or my lips aren't that pronounced" .... I felt like I was lying.
I had to laugh at myself because that's what women get to do all the time (not lie but enhance their appearance).

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I would resort to baking bread, just that the flour may find my face more than the bread.

Cassandra Lynn
01-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Not only no clowns Karren, but we would have been spared the agony of the mime too!
Come to think of it, there'd prolly be no goth scene either. *smiles*

Cassie

curiousrabbit
01-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Without makeup?... well...

There would still be very attractive people. Some people just have great skin, few flaws, red lips.

The problem is, the demand for these people (in everything, from personal life to business) is very high... much higher than natural supply. So, that leaves the market trying to fill those gaps by other means.

Development of better makeup, airbrushing and post-production type work, surgery, creams and vitamins. The business behind buying and selling beauty is HUGE. From the minor "i just want softer skin" with a lotion, to "give me a new chin please!".

Makeup isn't the entire problem. It is just one of the many different things out there (which happens to be pretty easily obtained now... the poorest of the poor can manage a few bucks to get some cheap makeup), it also comes with few risks (so, no wonder it is as widely used as the easiest and most effective way for a person to look better... actually getting and keeping and taking care of healthy skin is a lot harder than brushing on some powder before going out).

Then again, is it a problem? It sometimes seems to be with the cascading effect which happens as people keep trying to present more and more idealistic beauty (going beyond reality and even makeup, into simply graphic art and "touch ups" with a digital artist playing a big role in reforming a person into something which sells better on a magazine). That extreme probably creates unrealistic expectations and views of how the world is in some. But, by and large, moderate use of makeup helps hide a few flaws and give confidence boosts.

I think there is a balancing act between "learning to love who you are" and attempting to "show outside how you feel inside"... both often expressed ideals which are very much opposed to eachother.

linda allen
01-04-2011, 10:27 AM
We are all viewing this topic through the eyes of "western society". Think about the Islamic people. Think about the tribes in the jungles of third world countries.

Some wear no makeup, some do things to their bodies that most of us would find very, very strange.

ReineD
01-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I think our definition of what looks feminine would change.

Stephanie Anne
01-04-2011, 11:13 AM
So you are asking if you are addicted to looking feminine or are something more. If the world did not have distinctions between male and female and nobody tried to alter their appearance, there would be no transgendered people. The only reason anyone is trans is because we are hopelessly obsessed with painting our faces. There, somebody had to say it finally.

No, I'm not serious, just hate these questions. TS is more than just panties and mascara.