PDA

View Full Version : So many questions where to begin?

Evildawn
01-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Beforehand i know this is going to be alot to ask all at once,... i dont expect any one person to answer everything or every for everything to get an answer. Though any tips or advice that can be shared is much appreciated. These questions are in preparation for my first outing, which i would like to be as convincing as possible.

I've never personally tried tucking as ive never had a reason to hide my bulge. though going into public i surely will have a use for it. exactly how safe is tucking though? i have a friend who once had a testicle forced up into his abdominal cavity and it was lodged there. this friend had to have his testicle surgically removed and now only has one. Are there any ways to convincingly hide your bulge without pushing your testies inside your abdominal cavity. is my friends experience likely not to happen by gently placing them there? i believe my concern is somewhat warranted i do not wish to lose either of my soldiers. (even if i would rather be a woman)

Secondly theres the beard, i love my beard. ive heard some people talk of ways to cover facial hair. whats the best way to convincingly do cover a full beard, or should i just suck it up and shave it off.

i think all of us have probably pondered this one a time or two. the adams apple how can i hide this thing without a scarf? is there a way?

Too "large" to pull it off? im 6' 2" so clearly i need to stay away from heels. not that women cant be tall but it would surely help give me away. aside from that i love to lift weights in my spare time. i have in the area of 250 lbs of pretty solid muscle. the majority of which is upper body strength. has anyone in a similar position of body size has success being convincing as a woman?

i nearly forgot one of the more stumping issues,... i have a deep voice i think it would be best to just avoid conversation all together. though i cant see this being realistic,... has anyone come up with a good excuse for women who have deep voices lol?

thechic
01-04-2011, 12:22 AM
HI there
With tucking ive had no problems been doing it for years i tuck about 20Hrs in the day,i do use medical tape not duct tape as this used to give me a rash.i found ive had to tuck just to get the extra feminine shape.I think if you have any medical problems down there you may need to seek advice from a doctor,anyway when tucking it should not hurt,if it does something is wrong.

AnnaCalliope
01-04-2011, 12:24 AM
1. Tucking is not dangerous if you know how to do it right. Look it up on the web. There are plenty of safe methods of hiding your bulge. If you've got the budget for it, buy a gaff.

2. LOSE THE BEARD. There really is no way to cover that much facial hair with standard make-up. If you know a friend who does movie quality cosmetics or special effects, they could probably construct some type of latex mask for you, but in the long run its just a lot easier to shave it off.

3. Scarf in the winter, a choker type necklace in the warmer months. It all depends on how pronounced it is.

4. Flats would be definitely recommended at 6'2". I'm 5'10" and I never leave the house in anything over 2 inch heels. Try to get padding (breasts, hips, butt) that matches your frame. A long sleeve shirt with flared bottom jeans or loose fitting slacks.

If you find a salon that offers make-over services in your area, go for it. Its usually not cheap, but they are professionals and will be able to apply make-up and give wardrobe suggestions that will make you look at least semi-passable.

Above all, "Strut your stuff and smile", because a little self confidence and good attitude will take you a long way.

Evildawn
01-04-2011, 12:46 AM
thanks both of you for the advice.

i suppose you are right it is time for me to lose the beard. im going to miss it though i have issues with idol hands and the beard gives me something to play with.

i guess ill attempt this tucking,.. ive done alot of reading so i know what to do ive just been very hesitant to attempt it.

is it common for salons to help guys makeover into feminine appearances?

Miranda09
01-04-2011, 12:56 AM
I agree with Anna on the tucking and beard. It does take some practice to get it right, but when you do, you can stay tucked all day and you shouldn't have any discomfort....and definitely, lose the beard!!! I also am tall and a body builder (shaper now) and have discovered that blowsy tops and solid colors can help to slim you down. I also decided to loose some of the weight I gained dropping from 240 to 206 lbs. Makes for passing a little easier. As with everything, it takes time, experimentation and practice...but above all, just have fun with it!! ;)

Tanya C
01-04-2011, 01:23 AM
To be sure, your beard and penis are not very beneficial to your female presentation. One needs to be covered up and the other needs to come off, so to speak.

Nicole Erin
01-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Here is my advice - take things slow and don't rush the journey. Once the journey is over or close to it, there isn't much else to look forward to. I wish I could go back to the days when even wearing a feminine top would comfort me so.

Genivieve
01-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I got the beard advice from this forum way back and I cannot agree with it more. I used to have stubble, or I would settle for a shave that wasn't really close. These lovely people set me straight. Before I apply make up I shave twice because of my thick beard line. Beards grow back so fast anyway!

PamelaGirl
01-04-2011, 02:36 AM
The tucking gets easier and better as you get more practice at it. By now, I can quickly push things in after going to the bathroom, and everything stays put more now than it used to.

I don't do any taping, just hold things in place with a pair of size 6 cotton panties that otherwise would be too small for me, because I am a fairly big gal. But they fit OK, and then I wear a larger pair over those, and I am tucked pretty well.

You have come to the right place for advice, there is plenty of help here on this site.

Pam

Evildawn
01-04-2011, 02:51 AM
thanks again everyone for your advice.

i decided to practice this tuck thing. im sad to say i have no idea what im doing. i even looked up some more indepth explanations of how to do it. im having no luck though, basically just wasted an hour trying to put square pegs into round holes so to speak. i cant even figure out where these cavities are.

Philipa Jane
01-04-2011, 03:13 AM
Hi Evildawn.
Go online and look up Koala swimwear. They are a US retailer and have a couple of "suits" there that will help with the tucking and there is even a clip showing how to do it.
Very comfortable and no sticky tape.

Evildawn
01-04-2011, 04:21 AM
i couldnt find your video,.. but after some more tinkering i managed to figure it out =D.

as far as the testicles being inside my abdomen,.. i can barely even tell they moved just feels natural,... but pushing the shaft back towards my cheeks is going to take some getting used to. its actually very easy to do once you know where to put them, after some practice i can get them both in with one hand while standing straight up :) (is it wierd that im proud of that haha)

either way i can finally wear my skin tight jeans unsightly bulge free <3 thanks to everyone who helped

PretzelGirl
01-04-2011, 09:40 PM
To be sure, your beard and penis are not very beneficial to your female presentation. One needs to be covered up and the other needs to come off, so to speak.

Shouldn't you be more specific on which piece of advice is for which item? :eek:

Dawn - There is a good thread here on tucking. Something to read when you have some time.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?59176-The-Art-of-Tucking-v2.0

I am one that believes that you should dress how you want to enjoy yourself. Within what you want, if you can make things so that you blend better, it will probably help you to create a comfort zone.

Sara Jessica
01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
...exactly how safe is tucking though? i have a friend who once had a testicle forced up into his abdominal cavity and it was lodged there. this friend had to have his testicle surgically removed and now only has one.

Sadly, this has yet to happen to me. Sigh.

;)

Kitty Sue
01-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi Evildawn,
I do not think there are any set requirements for Crossdressing. I say go with what you are comfortable with, I know I do. I will happily put on a dress, but do not bother about hiding my voice when I go out. Overall I just do what I am most comfortable with doing. Anyway take care, and all the best, KS.

Roberta Marie
01-05-2011, 11:24 AM
First off, passing is way over rated. I don't. Very few crossdressers pass, even most of those that think they do, don't. Be who you are, and be proud of being who you are.

Tucking: I rarely tuck, and usually when I do, it's because tucking increases my physical comfort. In a tight pair of jeans or in my bathing suit there is just not much room down there. So, I do on occaision tuck, just to increase the room available and my own comfort. For regular cut jeans or skirts, I do not tuck, simply because this, for me, is more comfortable. I have never used tape (just the thought makes me cringe), just a good pair of panties.

Beard: There's no way to look feminine with a beard, and there's no way to cover it up. Most of the references that you see regarding "beard cover" is actually just covering up the greenish-blue shadow that is left after even a close shave. For this, I use an orangish-pink lipstick on the beard first, then a layer of good foundation, followed by another layer of the lipstick and another layer of foundation in some of the "problem areas", building up until the shadow is no longer visible.

Adam's Apple: Not much to do short of wearing a scarf or turtleneck. Again, though, I don't worry about it, short of applying a bit of contour makeup to it.

Body shape: You can look at various fashion guides for what type of fashions will work best for you, to emphisize your assets and minimize your deficits. For what you describe, try some loose fitting tops that can be belted at the waist, an knee length or shorter skirts. I follow this only as far as I feel comfortable, usually wearing more form fitting tops and longer skirts.

Heels: I like them, I'm comfortable in them, and I think they actually make my size 13 feet look a bit smaller (at least in my mind). So, I rarely leave the house in anything less than 2" to 3". Oh, and I'm 6' (5' 12" in my mind) in my stocking feet.

Voice: There are some voice training programs and videos out there, but I never tried them. Crossdressers that try them all to often come off sounding like Mini Mouse. I probably tend to speak a bit softer, and maybe at the upper end of my pitch range, but never in a falseto.

What it comes down to is, I'm a guy in a skirt. I know that if I try to "fool" anyone, I'll only be looked at as someone who is trying to fool someone, and doing a poor job of it. I try to look the best that I can, and the most comfortable that I can. And most of all, I'm happy with who I am, and I'm proud that I'm being who I am. And I think that this pride and confidence goes much further at gaining acceptance of others than trying to "pass" ever will.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Grace,
Bobbi