PDA

View Full Version : Dressing for a New Year's Eve Party

Roberta Roberts
01-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Ladies...Please forgive me but I had thought that I uploaded this thought previously but apparently not. I was trying to describe how I dressed for the new years eve party that I attended. Anyway...here it is...

Ladies...

Out of curiosity, what was everyone wearing for the New Years Eve parties?

For me, I thought I dressed rather spiffy… I had recently purchased the proverbial “little black dress” from Woman Within, a 2-piece embellished dress set by Candlelight & Champagne. I also wore off black stockings (nude heel and toe), with a new pair of black patent 3” heel sling back pumps (a slight ouch as these shoes were new and after a few hours started to hurt a little from so much standing). I was also wearing on of my favorite pieces of shapewear, a special occasion, high waist long leg panty girdle, Poirette Smoothie, style # 5780, with six garters. This girdle is very firm and extremely controlling but due to the tweave material of construction, divinely comfortable, even for long periods of wearing. I also wore the Goddess # 689 convertible strapless long line bra (with straps for added security – just to insure that my forms would not move around) and to give me some real shaping thru the waist and hips. I wear a size 48D with matching sized forms as I am rather tall….6’-3” without heels. I find that the "D" cup presents nicely and the bra gives a slightly pointy shape. A full length slip just to finish off the package. I also used a new foundation to hide a razor nick and to provide a smooth finish. I also used a smoky tint of eye shadow with long lash mascara with a black eyeliner. I trimmed up the brows and blended them to accent the eye shadow and to define them. I also use a nice lip gloss...not too bright or red...just right. I wore a multiple strand gold chain necklace and gold hoop earrings. To top off the presentation, so to speak, I wore my new wig, Chantal by Paula Young in “buttered toast” which is a dark blond with streaks, with bangs and turned up ends. It compliments my skin tone and eye color.

I had a great time…much chit chatting….perhaps a little too much wine….but what the heck…..but not too much to eat though. The Poirette panty girdle and Goddess bra combination sort of limits the amount one can eat…but the bra & girdle combination sure make me look great and to feel as good as I looked.

I was dressed for approximately 10 hours total from the time I first put on the girdle and bra all the way until I arrived back home at approximately 4:00 AM. The only problem, if you could call it a problem, was getting undressed. After having been dressed for this length of time, I sort of feel a “let down” when returning back to drab. From removing the wig, removing the jewelry, make up, hanging up the dress and putting away the shoes (by now the old feet were sort of glad) to last, but not least, removing the forms, the longline bra and the last item – my girdle. Maybe it’s just me, but after having worn a controlling girdle a bra for that length of time, I feel real soft and flabby, especially thru the tummy and waist. Oh well….like I said , maybe it’s just me….but then again, I look forward to having the opportunity to do it all over again.

Anyway….Happy New Year to all …I hope that the coming year brings everyone everything they wished for…..

These are just my thoughts.

RR

AKAMichelle
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
So where is the photo for us to decide about your spiffy outfit?