PDA

View Full Version : About changing sex...please read!

openheaven
09-16-2005, 06:31 PM
I was thinking the other day, since I've been cross-dressing, I've always felt like I've wanted more. At first, I would wear panties under my clothes and that was all. Later, I would wear panties(with a panty liner), nylon socks, and a bra(yes I actually took the risk of wearing a bra to work). And believe me, I couldn't have a better feeling doing all this!!

But now, the more it goes, the more I want to try new stuff. I've tried on makeup(love it), I've shaved my legs in winter, and I've even bought a fake breast for 200$ that I hide in my room. Even after all that, I feel like I need to go further. I'm only 19 years old and I'm already doing all this stuff. I can't imagine I'll ever get over it. NO ONE knows I've been doing this, and I can't tell anyone either.

Well, the point is, I was thinking that if I never am going to get over this, at that at such a young age, I love this so much and still want more, maybe one day I might change my gender. I want to have a vagina instead of a penis. I really like to have sex and all, but I would rather like to see myself as a girl in lingerie with a strap-on having sex with another girl(preferably my girlfriend if she's still with me.

That said, I would like to have more information about gender changing. Does anyone know a place where I could see a pic of a man turned into a woman-completely. I'd really like to know what I'd look like if I make the move. Thanks for any information! -xxx-

Lauren415
09-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Dont know about pics, but i just started seeing a head Doc about HRT, talk to a Doc is a good place to start.

MarinaTwelve200
09-16-2005, 07:04 PM
As the feeling is really SO good, and the urge so strong---I know for a fact it can cloud and confuse your mind---I wondered the same thing (should i change my sex?) when I was younger. I wondered about my sexuality and also if I was really TS---I also, wisely so, wondered if I really actually KNEW what was going on or what i really wanted. The idea of changing sex both THRILLED and terified me at the same time. and I really didnt find men or anything about them sexually attractive---but still, I had this urge to be a female--and fanticized about it.

Later on, as I learned what TS and homosexuality actually meant, I 'Intellulectually' figgured out that I was neither---but that did not stop the CD and Fantasy-----eventually, I decided that I really COULD NOT TRUST my feelings or what my mind told me---another approach was needed.----I remembered how I reacted in RL when some "friends" tried to playfully feminize me--a great fantasy to be sure, but in RL I seriously FOUGHT them . This happened on at least two ocasions--and i Remember I seriously did NOT want to "be" a woman.---Taking THAT approach I realized that MY reactions told me how I really was and felt--not my mind---Having settled that, I realized that my CD was an IDENTITY thing--It seems that figuratively changing IDENTITY to another person (who happened to be a woman) is what caused the "rush" or "Thrill"---it was merely a way to get OUT of my real Male identity for a while--and THAT is what felt good.----I really didnt WANT to be a woman---it was only the just only WAY I knew of to get the reaction.----My emotions Blinded me to my real motives. As becomming a REAL woman would be the ultimate THRILL---but Real TS people dont change sexes for the thrill---they do it to be who they are.

This inability to really know what you really want in this situation is why the docs make prospestive TS surgery wait a year and take psychiatric counciling before they wil operate.===Its too easy to mis read what ones mind may tell one.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-16-2005, 07:24 PM
If you search on "sexual reassignment surgery" you'll find information. I believe Lynn Conway's site (http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/conway.html) has photos of the various surgeries involved and TS Roadmap (http://www.tsroadmap.com/) also has lots of information about what's involved.

That said....it sounds like you may be going through the "pink haze" of gender euphoria after coming out. It's a big step from CD to TS, and it's a not a road to go down lightly. Those who need to do it often sacrifice enormously to do. They don't do it for the thrill, they do it because they've got no other alternative. It's also worth noting that there's lot of stops of the TG spectrum short of SRS. They may -- or may not -- be appropriate for you.

I'm not discounting the possibility that you truly might be transsexual, but that's why you need to talk with a gender therapist to sort things out first, before making what's obviously a life-changing decision.

You should also read this essay (http://www.missfiorella.com/t-girl.htm) supposedly written by a post-op TS. It's long, and it contains some rather ill-informed and nasty comments about CDs. But read it all. Read it carefully. Yes, she's trying to scare you off from transitioning. But guess what, I've seen the things she talks about. For those who really feel the need to transition, they feel the price is worth it. But they do pay a price and that's no fantasy.

Jesse69
09-16-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't think SRS will ever give you a real working vagina complete with the orgasm. So if you cut off your penis - I think you would never experience an orgasm again. So as for me - I would never do SRS and I don't want to be a woman that bad. Just occasional closet crossdressing is good enough for me.

I think you're better off with your penis - and don't cut it off! Maybe you should post a pic of yourself in the Pic section to see what people think of you - if you're passable or not.

heatherCD8772
09-16-2005, 08:24 PM
So if you cut off your penis - I think you would never experience an orgasm again. So as for me - I would never do SRS and

Actually I have read that you can and will still orgasam after having SRS if done by a good doctor who does the job RIGHT.

Vaerise
09-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I was thinking the other day, since I've been cross-dressing, I've always felt like I've wanted more. At first, I would wear panties under my clothes and that was all. Later, I would wear panties(with a panty liner), nylon socks, and a bra(yes I actually took the risk of wearing a bra to work). And believe me, I couldn't have a better feeling doing all this!!

But now, the more it goes, the more I want to try new stuff. I've tried on makeup(love it), I've shaved my legs in winter, and I've even bought a fake breast for 200$ that I hide in my room. Even after all that, I feel like I need to go further. I'm only 19 years old and I'm already doing all this stuff. I can't imagine I'll ever get over it. NO ONE knows I've been doing this, and I can't tell anyone either.

Well, the point is, I was thinking that if I never am going to get over this, at that at such a young age, I love this so much and still want more, maybe one day I might change my gender. I want to have a vagina instead of a penis. I really like to have sex and all, but I would rather like to see myself as a girl in lingerie with a strap-on having sex with another girl(preferably my girlfriend if she's still with me.

That said, I would like to have more information about gender changing. Does anyone know a place where I could see a pic of a man turned into a woman-completely. I'd really like to know what I'd look like if I make the move. Thanks for any information! -xxx-

Heya welcome to the forums. I think you came to the right place seeking advice, I am in a situation that is similar to you. But you should do what the other sisters have asked you to do. Check out some of those websites, read some real life accounts by TS people and then decide if you really want to go ahead with it or not.

http://www.transgendercare.com/default.asp

Having a sex change is not something to be taken lightly, and there are alot of complications that can come with it.
You might risk losing your friends and family if they are not understanding about your needs. Hormone medication do have some serious side effects as well. Think carefully before you want to start on the path of transitioning, there ARE post op T-woman who regretted going down the path. The best person to assist you in determining whether you are TS or not is your psychiatrist, and preferably someone who has dealt with patients suffering from Gender Identity Disorder or Gender Dsyphoria.

ladyfydiana
09-16-2005, 08:28 PM
I agree with Darla,changing ones sex is nothing to take lightly.I would suggest besides a Doc you see a psychologist that deals in gender reassignment.But whatever you decide make sure that is what you want to do with out any doubts.

Sweet Jeanette
09-16-2005, 09:56 PM
I think, that after reading that essay, I want to stay EXACTLY the way I am!!! ---I like the part-time Girlie me, just as I am, and, --- I Still have fun with my penis too! ;)

MarinaTwelve200
09-16-2005, 10:11 PM
I don't think SRS will ever give you a real working vagina complete with the orgasm. So if you cut off your penis - I think you would never experience an orgasm again. So as for me - I would never do SRS and I don't want to be a woman that bad. Just occasional closet crossdressing is good enough for me.

I think you're better off with your penis - and don't cut it off! Maybe you should post a pic of yourself in the Pic section to see what people think of you - if you're passable or not.

In my readings of the Journalof Plastic Surgery---The Penis is NOT cut off, but rather, evicerated of most of its erectile tissue and turned "inside out", so to speak, like a sock---forming the inner surface of the Neovagina.---As it still retains its nerve structure, orgasims are indeed still possible.

Of course, I have heard of variations from this "penile inversion" surgery approach---sometimes a piece of small intestine may be used as the vagina---and a STRIP of the penis, nerve connections intact, is attached to the structure.----There are othere variants too, but in all cases, the outer appearence of the new vagina and genitalia looks amazingly like the real, natural born thing.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Marina's correct, the penis is essentially gutted and inverted. With a good surgeon orgasisms are possible, but not necessarily guaranteed. It's also worth noting that pre-op, hormones can cause impotence and loss of desire. Hormones also risk some major -- sometimes fatal -- side-effets.

As far as passability, well-known TS women like Lynn Conway and Calpernia Addams have undergone extensive facial feminization surgery to look they we they do.

There are definite advantages to transitioning young (there are some beautiful young things running around Diva's in SF), but it still involves major modifications, and not just down below.

Tristen Cox
09-16-2005, 11:35 PM
You'll probably find a lot more in the TS section
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Vallari
09-17-2005, 03:27 AM

I know what you are going through and feeling. Im 19 as well and find myself going further and further as well. I also have a GF too who knows about the fem me. I too am considering physically changing my body. As all the others here have said this is serious business. If you want to talk more feel free to PM me and maybe we can IM eachother sometimes.

Maddie Knight
09-17-2005, 03:57 AM
I remember feeling the same when I was younger, but now it would be the last thing I would want.
See a doctor and figure out if this is realy what you want, if it is go for it, but don't rush into such a life changing decition.

Kimberly
09-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I read an article about transexual girls, who have changed their mind after their op. because the operation did not make them truly female.

Yes, you no longer have a penis, but you do not truly have a vagina, and this was likened to just being "a castrated man."

Think deeply before taking any form of action... best to talk to a doctor/gender expert on this to find what you truly want.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I read an article about transexual girls, who have changed their mind after their op. because the operation did not make them truly female.

If I remember correctly about 1-3% of post-ops end up regretting it to the point of wishing they could reverse it. (This despite pre-op vetting standards intended to prevent this.) But there's a greater number who find things a bit of a let down -- the reality being female isn't the nirvana they expected. In short, if you've got other issues, they'll still probably be there post-transition.

DonnaT
09-20-2005, 09:21 AM
http://www.srsmiami.com/SRS_Procedures.htm

Vaerise
09-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Someone on usenet recently linked to the book length article So You Want to be a T-Girl. (http://www.missfiorella.com/t-girl.htm) It was a down to earth and realistic piece about the pluses and minuses of transitioning. The author didn't sugarcoat female life in the real world or hold back on vivid language about transgender issues. The author wisely recommended responsible, medically supervised help under the Benjamin standards of care (http://www.hbigda.org/soc.htm) because there are real dangers in winging it and hoping for the best.

The article is quite blunt and is utterly lacking in the "sisterhood" support group style of pandering, so be advised it isn't for easily offended or oversensitive readers.

Quoted for the truth. I do not see topics like this raised here at this forum much, I feel maybe the truth is just too ugly to be talked about sometimes. The reality really hurts when we think about it..

crispy
09-20-2005, 10:28 PM
this thread is 5 days old and it is still in the wrong section of the forum.

what are the 'moderators' looking at?