PDA

View Full Version : Running into customers while shopping.

lingerieLiz
01-05-2011, 12:19 AM
The other day one of the major department stores was having a sale. My wife and I went. She suggested we start in the lingerie section. They had $50 bras on sale for $10.The place was packed. We walked over and my wife went to the area for her size and I went to my size. One early twentyish girl started to walk up to the bin I was looking through and realized that it was a guy looking at bras and darted off. I was dressed like most all the women in fem clothes: jeans, thin dark turtle neck sweater, and short jeans jacket and shoes. I was also underdressed with bra and panties. With the jacket closed I looked androgynous, but with it hanging open you could see my 38C projections. I do need to lose weight and get back to 36s. Anyway women of all ages walked up and went through the bins as I was doing. I did notice I was the only guy in the area. One guy did come by with his wife and then retreated 30 feet away.

My wife came over and asked me a couple bra questions and handed me 3 or 4 bras to go with the ones I had in my hand and went off to look for more. I start looking for more that I like and all of a sudden I hear, “Lxxx, how are you doing?” from the woman looking in the bin next to me. I look over and see one of my former customers standing there with bras in hand. We start talking and looking at bras in our bins as my wife comes over. I introduce them and we talk some more. My wife leaves and we both finish looking and move on.

The world didn’t come to an end. She may tell a mutual friend or two that she saw me at the sale. I doubt she will mention what I was wearing or my look. She might tell our one friend that she ran into me at the bra sale. I have a long running joke with another friend that we run into each other at the lingerie sales. She always says, “By, see you at the next sale.”

Josey
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Interesting story. Can't say I have had a similar experience as yet. But like you I do dress the part so it would be a first if I meet someone I know while shopping. I can ony hope I'll react the same as you when the time comes.

lingerieLiz
01-05-2011, 12:50 AM
I posted about running into a former customer while looking for bras at a sale in the main forum. Today I needed to return one of the bras I purchased. When I was looking I picked up two and set one down. Unfortunately I set the wrong one down and when I got home realized it was a D cup. I got to talking with my customer/friend and forgot to check the size, Darn it. I realized that I already owned one in my size when I got home so no big deal. Besides it was a foam cup and I prefer cups with lace.

Anyway I went back to the store today. There was only one SA working so I gave her my bra and told her that I had accidently gotten a D cup which is too large for me and I would like to exchange it for my size. She said no problem and took the bra. I looked but they didn’t have the same style in my size. The pickings were pretty slim. I found two so so bras and one like I bought at the sale. The two were OK. Pretty, but less expensively made compared to the Wacoals I had purchased. I took all three up to the customer service desk. I asked her if the sale was still on and she said no. She told me that she could switch the Wacoals for me, but the other ones would cost more. I started to tell her to let me try them on, but decided to skip it since I wasn’t keen on them anyway. I already own more bras than I can wear.

So I left there and went to VS for their big sale. What a mess!!! Between teen girls still out of school and young women off work it was a mad house. I looked at a couple bins with my size and decided even at half price I didn’t see anything that I couldn’t live without. They did have a bright red bra, but it was a weird T-Back. I liked the color, but not the back.

RADER
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Tell your friend to meet you in the hardware section next time. LOL Rader

stephanie203
01-05-2011, 11:52 PM
I'd freak if I ran into somebody I knew while I was out. If and when I do go out with my wife it'll be far, far away from home. Something like SCC but even that intimidates the hell out of me and I'd be terrified to leave the room even though we'd be in the company of other sisters.

helena.gcd
01-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Bra sale!!! one of the greatest things in life.
i some times feel a bit weird looking at all those cute bras on their bins, with a lot of girls around, but the cuteness of the bras is most powerful, and i just keep selecting the ones i like.

linda allen
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
I already own more bras than I can wear.

How many bras can you wear? :heehee:

Christie ann
01-06-2011, 09:53 AM
How many bras can you wear? :heehee:

one at a time

AnnaCalliope
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
I go out en femme in my local area almost everyday. The few times I've run into anyone who actively recognized me, its always been at a gay/trans friendly locale and we've had that funny conversation of:

"I didn't know you were..."
"Apparently you are too..."

I've seen people I work with who've never met Anna on the street or in other shops, but as of yet, they only see another girl out shopping and hanging out.

SamanthaS
01-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Hello Liz. As I read this story I'm trying to work up the courage to go shopping as Samantha. Please keep shopping for all the cds who are scared to go out in the world.

divamissz
01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I've heard a lot of girls who go to SCC say the same thing-they can't imagine leaving their room. But when they see all these people around and nobody caring about what you look like or who you are, they come out.

Why spend all that money to stay in the room? Show up, have fun, be fabulous. And if you can't there's people who will help you get out there!

Christina Horton
01-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Well next time you get to talking to someone you know just remember you are still shopping and to make sure you have the right size silly. lol. I wish I would met someone who knows me and does not know I'm a CD , but all my friends and family know. so does my boss and that would be fun to met him out dressed lol.

I'd freak if I ran into somebody I knew while I was out. If and when I do go out with my wife it'll be far, far away from home. Something like SCC but even that intimidates the hell out of me and I'd be terrified to leave the room even though we'd be in the company of other sisters.

It seems like when we go out dresses that everyone should know who and what we are but in fact, most people don't or can't see whats right in front of them. LOL if you run away all freaked out that might just stand out in there mind and the next time they see you it might click.
As to going as far as you can away from home that is ok but remember that most people ( whom don't know your a CD ) there not looking for you or expecting you to be dressed as a women either. Yes there are some people out there that are more observant then others but those people are more likely to be ok with it. Not all but for the most part. Why ? Maybe cuz they know more about us then others.

Hello Liz. As I read this story I'm trying to work up the courage to go shopping as Samantha. Please keep shopping for all the cds who are scared to go out in the world.

Hi. If you do your makeup right and not over do it and wear something to blend in you'll find that 80% of people don't even notice you and the ones that do might just think your brave , or thats weird , or what the hell was she wearing , shit that was ugly. Going out dressed is very scary the first few times but its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun you'll not want to go home. Just make sure you have a spare set of shoes that are better for walking cuz you feet (if your wearing Heals) will be sore and tired.

Going out and being seen by people we know and that don't know is some thing we all have to deal with when we get there . So worrying about it now is a very huge waist of time .

Don't let it hold you back.......Life is way to short to (HIDE IN THE CLOSET)!!!!!:eek::D