PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing and question...

Jennyfir
01-05-2011, 08:15 PM
I read a lot of things on here about people's stories of going out and being passable as a woman and stuff, and it's nice to know some people are accepting.

I ordered my first real outfit the other day, and I'm excited to have done so. Its only a top, a denim miniskirt, and LegAvenue tights, but I'm not wanting to be "passable" as a female, I just like to wear female clothes.

Does this make me any less of a crossdresser, or is this something normal?

jaimecdww
01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Very Normal. It is all good, do what you like. But you might find yourself wanting more down the road. it happens :)

bianca66
01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
There are a lot of different reasons that people dress so yours is hard to answer in a simple yes or no format...If you are wearing womans clothing then you are a crossdresser. Welcome to the club.

Jennyfir
01-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I did happen to go shopping with one of my friends and his girlfriend who both know about me being like this. To no avail I didn't find anything or was too scared to buy something because they were breathing down my neck and so intent on pressuring me to get something. Under pressure i tend to do the opposite of what people want me to do. I found a couple of good things I wanted but they were like Hawks watching me so much. I know they only wanted me to help, but their mood was so unearthing I couldn't do much.

AnnaCalliope
01-05-2011, 08:35 PM
We are all CD/TG here and there are a myriad of paths each of us take. Some of us prefer a single type of clothing: panties, tights, leotards, lingerie. Some like to wear bra and panties underneath their boy clothes and that's more than enough. Others go all in and transition to living full-time. And the path even forks there, for there are TS who decide to keep the jewels, some who live out in the open as TS and others who go full stealth, few people ever knowing they were born the opposite sex.

I started out at age 10, and really just preferred to wear my mother's stockings and slips underneath my boy clothes. That was enough. I had no interest in wearing make-up or having breasts, I just enjoyed the feeling of nylon and satin against my skin. As I aged, I grew more interested, like have a fully padded bra and matching underwear. By 16, I was pretty convinced I should have been born female. Then at 18, I went out en femme for the first time, and I realized I could deal with being a guy most days, as long as I could become Anna for a few hours every Wednesday night. Then around 20-21, I sort of just stopped. I was promoted to management at my job and started working close to 90 hours a week. There was barely any time for Anna, and I was okay with that. The money was a great distraction. But eventually I had to give it up and move to Georgia.

Since then, I've still yet to completely make up my mind. Some days (like today and the past few weeks) I'd give anything to transition. Other days I'm just happy to be able to express my feminine side. And there are those rare days (about 10 out of the year) where I don't want to be girly at all.

We are unique even amongst ourselves.

Coyote
01-05-2011, 11:48 PM
We are all CD/TG here and there are a myriad of paths each of us take. Some of us prefer a single type of clothing: panties, tights, leotards, lingerie. Some like to wear bra and panties underneath their boy clothes and that's more than enough. Others go all in and transition to living full-time. And the path even forks there, for there are TS who decide to keep the jewels, some who live out in the open as TS and others who go full stealth, few people ever knowing they were born the opposite sex.

I started out at age 10, and really just preferred to wear my mother's stockings and slips underneath my boy clothes. That was enough. I had no interest in wearing make-up or having breasts, I just enjoyed the feeling of nylon and satin against my skin. As I aged, I grew more interested, like have a fully padded bra and matching underwear. By 16, I was pretty convinced I should have been born female. Then at 18, I went out en femme for the first time, and I realized I could deal with being a guy most days, as long as I could become Anna for a few hours every Wednesday night. Then around 20-21, I sort of just stopped. I was promoted to management at my job and started working close to 90 hours a week. There was barely any time for Anna, and I was okay with that. The money was a great distraction. But eventually I had to give it up and move to Georgia.

Since then, I've still yet to completely make up my mind. Some days (like today and the past few weeks) I'd give anything to transition. Other days I'm just happy to be able to express my feminine side. And there are those rare days (about 10 out of the year) where I don't want to be girly at all.

We are unique even amongst ourselves.

Well said 8-)

Eryn
01-06-2011, 12:13 AM
I did happen to go shopping with one of my friends and his girlfriend who both know about me being like this. To no avail I didn't find anything or was too scared to buy something because they were breathing down my neck and so intent on pressuring me to get something. Under pressure i tend to do the opposite of what people want me to do. I found a couple of good things I wanted but they were like Hawks watching me so much. I know they only wanted me to help, but their mood was so unearthing I couldn't do much.

Sounds like your tendancy here is a bit counterproductive. Was it your friends or the people around you that caused you pause?

Why not go back and see if you can find one or two of the items you passed on. Perhaps by yourself you won't end up in that Catch-22 situation you described. Remember, your money spends just as well as anyone else's!

Tasha McIntyre
01-06-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm not wanting to be "passable" as a female, I just like to wear female clothes. Does this make me any less of a crossdresser, or is this something normal?

Well Jenny, that was me from the age of 12 to a couple of years ago (when i joined this forum), just happy to dress in the clothes. I remember the first outfit I bought at age 16, denim mini skirt and pink T shirt, similar to you maybe :)

Very Normal. It is all good, do what you like. But you might find yourself wanting more down the road. it happens :)

Yeah, that happened to me after I joined here. Then I learned about make up and wigs and it's been a wonderful ride ever since. Now I regularly get out and about to the shopping malls.

Have fun

Tash :)

linda allen
01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
I read a lot of things on here about people's stories of going out and being passable as a woman and stuff, and it's nice to know some people are accepting.

I ordered my first real outfit the other day, and I'm excited to have done so. Its only a top, a denim miniskirt, and LegAvenue tights, but I'm not wanting to be "passable" as a female, I just like to wear female clothes.

I am by no means an "oldtimer" here, but as you continue to read about crossdressers, you will realize that it's a varied bunch. All the way from wearing panties or a bra once in a while to living full time as a female. You can't be "less of a crossdresser".

Christy_M
01-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I think the short answer is "no." You can´t be less of a crossdresser. Just like you can´t be less of a human...you are or you aren´t.

Elle1946
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
NORMAL UGH!!!! I do not think that anyone is normal. When you do what you are happiest with, no matter if it is full dress out or stocking in a closet. Just be yourself and be HAPPY!

Kelly DeWinter
01-06-2011, 10:38 AM
You are going to find that the word 'normal' elicits some very intense feeling among the members here ! LOL

Jennyfir
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Sounds like your tendancy here is a bit counterproductive. Was it your friends or the people around you that caused you pause?

Why not go back and see if you can find one or two of the items you passed on. Perhaps by yourself you won't end up in that Catch-22 situation you described. Remember, your money spends just as well as anyone else's!

I think that it was the fact that my friends were breathing down my back and so intently wanting me to get something. Like i said, I don't do well under pressure. The people at hot topic loved the fact that I wanted to buy a mini, but I only got a couple minutes to talk with them before my friends actually found me. I think that this is something new to my friends and they just like seeing me excited as I dont get excited much.

MichelleP
01-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Just dress as it suits you, be happy and follow where it takes you. The future is never quite as clear as we tend to think.

NathalieX66
01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
When I go out in public (....some of you are going to hate me for saying this) , but I try to dress more like a woman than a crossdresser. This is not as easy as you think.

In my case, I really enjoy the anonimity in a crowded place. It makes me feel like I'm a woman amongst other women.

Women have been immersed in female fashion all their lives, and the way they see clothes as slightly different than through a man's eye. That's not to say that I don't try to dress sexy. Get me to a hip club in a cocktail dress, and I'm quite content. :)

The reality is everyone crossdresses for different reasons. In my case I am trying to channel the female mindset because I am so fascinated by it. I want to be & do what women do.

Eryn
01-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I think that it was the fact that my friends were breathing down my back and so intently wanting me to get something. Like i said, I don't do well under pressure. The people at hot topic loved the fact that I wanted to buy a mini, but I only got a couple minutes to talk with them before my friends actually found me. I think that this is something new to my friends and they just like seeing me excited as I dont get excited much.

The best way to deal with it is to modify the situation so you don't feel pressure. If your friends are the source of that pressure then they aren't being helpful. Concentrate on the positive aspects of your experience, not the negative, and the next experience will be better.

Jennyfir
01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I do think that If I did go alone I might be a little more relaxed and not trying to hide from friends that expect more than can be expected. That way I can kinda do what I want and not try to appease them. One thing was that I asked them to help me pick stuff out and they wanted me to lead the party and go do what I wanted and pick stuff out. Well how was I supposed to do that when I expected to be guided like I had asked and told them many times.

Jilmac
01-06-2011, 08:01 PM
You can dress any way you choose and for whatever reason you choose and be as "normal" as any other crossdresser.

Lorileah
01-06-2011, 08:05 PM
it is hard when you first start to feel comfortable and relaxed while shopping no matter who you are with or even when you are by yourself. Nerves win the first few times then you realize....no one is watching you or really cares. Just relax and enjoy the ride. :)

You are definitely not unusual for this site at all, no more and certainly no less

Stephanie Anne
01-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Totally not normal but in a good way like how being smart is not normal and being gorgeous is not normal. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Detroit Molly
01-06-2011, 08:52 PM
It certainly doesn't make you any less a crossdresser, but jamiecdww is right about the possibility of wanting more down the road. When I started I was all, "Panties are good enough for me. Besides, I'd make a terrible woman.", now I regularly go out for coffee or hang around town as Molly without a second thought. So, yeah. Enjoy what you like but keep yourself open to new experiences and your changing feelings.

Nicole Brown
01-06-2011, 08:52 PM
When I go out in public (....some of you are going to hate me for saying this) , but I try to dress more like a woman than a crossdresser. This is not as easy as you think.

In my case, I really enjoy the anonimity in a crowded place. It makes me feel like I'm a woman amongst other women.

Women have been immersed in female fashion all their lives, and the way they see clothes as slightly different than through a man's eye. That's not to say that I don't try to dress sexy. Get me to a hip club in a cocktail dress, and I'm quite content. :)

The reality is everyone crossdresses for different reasons. In my case I am trying to channel the female mindset because I am so fascinated by it. I want to be & do what women do.

Nathalie said it perfectly. I also go out regularly and when I do I what to pass a just another woman. I always try to dress as I see other woman dressing and just want to appear as one of them. I have begun wearing shorter heel during the daytime hours to be more in line with what most woman are wearing. My makeup is toned down for daytime wear to make me fit in better. I am doing everything I can to fit in and just be one of the girls.

Lainie
01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
... I try to dress more like a woman than a crossdresser. ... It makes me feel like I'm a woman amongst other women. I want to be & do what women do.

I feel the same way. although I have no chance of passing. Maybe if I were to shave the handlebar, but even then I don't think I could pass. But still I want to feel like a lady, and to dress fashionably and appropriately as a woman of my age and for the occasion.

Yes, I do recognize that this is somewhere between hypocritical and crazy. Fortunately most people accept it with good humor.

cathie
01-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I have yet to get up the nerve to go out in public let alone meet others in a public or private forum (group in a private house and change after getting there). I really want to but have yet to muster up the nerve to try make up or a wig. I think I look great from the neck down but fail to see the woman inside me in my face. You are the norm in my opinion

Jennyfir
01-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Im going to say right now that I am MtF transgender. And i have looked around the possibilities of transitioning. I like crossdressing and still appearing male. This just helps me test my nerves in the world and also helps be more prepared when the time actually arises that I do want to transition because I know that I am going to be sooo nervous when I start living full-time en femme.

linda allen
01-07-2011, 09:27 AM
When I go out in public (....some of you are going to hate me for saying this) , but I try to dress more like a woman than a crossdresser. ...........

I think not doing that is where so many of us go wrong. We hear tales of going out at 4:00 AM to walk around the block in a tight skirt and high heels. Women don't do that (except prostitutes). A real woman would be wearing sneakers and a sweatsuit at that time of the morning if she is outside walking.

My wife - jeans or stretch pants, a decorated T shirt or top, sneakers, no makeup and blonde hair combed out. Going to a club or special occasion, she will wear a skirt and nice top, better shoes (but no heels), and moderate makeup.

Most real women I come into contact with are about the same.

Deanna B
01-07-2011, 10:07 AM
hi it start mainly for me just panties then i want more so a slip was add and so on .now i can not wait to i go out shopping as a girl. i had no plains to go this far but i love it

Rachel05
01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I used to be happy just to cross dress and not do make up or wigs and have been like that for many years, but this past few years I have wanted more, I want to go out and pass, I want to express my female self but just not quite got the confidence to do so yet, but it will come

Still really enjoy putting my clothes on around the house though, nothing takes away from that, so I wouldn't say you are any less of a cross dresser

Jennyfir
01-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Everyone that responded to my question here has helped me out a lot. I mean it when I say thank you, because it helped me gain the courage to go out dressed. I was planning to only go to my University one day a week dressed, but I think I'm going to have to buy more outfits because I wanna dress more often. And even though I still looked like a guy, that is the goal I was aiming for. Look like a guy in girl's clothes,for some reason I just wanna break the boundaries and the way people stereotype other by their appearance.

Yolanda_Voils
01-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Normal is a state of mind, a very well known and educated man said this, in the 1800's

Unless you have plenty put away in the 401k and in diversifications, I suggest used clothing..
Goodwill, consignment shops, yard sales and I've found LOTS of clothes in bags where people move, you can feel the diff..

A suggestion on sizing, forget the labels being correct, I can wear sizes ranging from a 9-16, what I do is get a pair of pants that fit properly, in the location where your ladies garmet will ride, and using a ruler measure across it..

besides converting a mans size to a womans size, that is marked right, you can take a little pocket tape measure with you to see if that cute skirt will fit snug like it should, or fall off :)

Shoes, open toe strappy heels, I wear the same size, or Less than my mens size !
For a while I'd buy open toe shoes a bit larger, but they are too loose to wear.
My drab size is 10.5,, I have one pair of 8.5 womens that fit perfectly,, I suppose that's getting back to trusting the label..

Yolanda

Jennyfir
01-09-2011, 12:34 AM
I think the best way for to pick out clothes for crossdressing would be to just go crossdressed. Simple as that really. It will give me a whole different mindset than being in male clothes. Next time I go shopping this is what I'm going to do. Also, might clarify to Old Navy and Hot Topic employees why me and some friends are looking through the women's section.

I try to take life one step at a time, and I live in the present, not the future.

Rianna Humble
01-09-2011, 03:17 AM
I'm not wanting to be "passable" as a female, I just like to wear female clothes.

Hi Jenny, don't let anyone tell you that you are less of anything - you are you. You like to dress in clothes that cross the gender boundary, I think that is the classic definition of a cross-dresser.

On this site, we are a very diverse community, ranging from people who only want to cd in the privacy of their own room through those who want to cd on a regular basis but don't want to be the other gender, via those who want to "pass" in the street to those who are full-time in their brain gender. Each member is special in their own right and that includes you.

sissystephanie
01-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Hi Jenny, don't let anyone tell you that you are less of anything - you are you. You like to dress in clothes that cross the gender boundary, I think that is the classic definition of a cross-dresser.

On this site, we are a very diverse community, ranging from people who only want to cd in the privacy of their own room through those who want to cd on a regular basis but don't want to be the other gender, via those who want to "pass" in the street to those who are full-time in their brain gender. Each member is special in their own right and that includes you.

Jenny, this definition by Rianna is about as good as you will find anywhere! You are a crossdresser, and you are YOU!! I am somewhat like you. I have no desire to be a woman, I just like to wear their clothes. When my late wife was alive, she would do my makeup and fix my wig so I could go out in public looking totally like Stephanie. Now she is gone and I am terrible with makeup and the wig! so I just dress enfemme, and go out without the other stuff. Dressed totally enfemme, but looking like the guy that I am! Been doing that for several years now, and have not had one problem!! You control yourself, so do your own thing and be happy!!

Maria 60
01-09-2011, 08:04 AM
I am very fortunate my wife comes with me and picks out most of my cloths. Once we where in a cloth store and i turned to tell her something and i didn't realize she went to the next isle, i went into a state of shock. Your more of a crossdresser then me just having the courage to shop for yourself. Was walking through Walmart with a buddy when we walked by a clearance rack with bra's and ladies panties on it. My friend stops and starts going though it, so i ask him what are you doing. He said this is a good deal' my wife wears this kind and i,ll get some for my daughter. He had about 20 items with him and we went to look for a tv and when we went to pay no one even gave us a second look seeing two guys walking though the store and one of us with woman's panties and bras in his hand. I guess if i did that i would get strange looks just by the look on my face. I am going to try to get more comfortable when shopping for Maria.

MargaretJ
01-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Nathalie, thats a great comment, I feel exactly the same.