PDA

View Full Version : New Years spent in the emergency room.

vetobob9
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Because of a kidney stone.
Unfortunately because I was under dressed I made a quick trip to the restroom to remove the forms but when I went back to the nurse's station, my black dress was sticking out of my pants. I just casually stuck it back though both nurses saw it. They didn't really say anything.

Then I had to change into those gown things. So I hid everything inside my large winter coat.

That was close.

When they finally released me, with a strainer to catch the stone, I went ahead and put everything back on. Fortunately they had those partition things.

But then we went to over to a friends house and she hugged me while I had the forms on. I decided I was in too much pain from the stone to really care much at that point. At least I was out before the new year started.

Too bad I had to go back early in the morning because I filled an entire trash can with vomit so they wrote me a prescription for nausea medication that costs $135 so I can hold down the water needed to force the stone out.
But this time I hid the female stuff in a bag with my rain coat and just put on my male clothing.
And my dad kept leaving the curtain open while I was changing out of them.

3 close calls but the fact that nurse wanted to give me a shot in the rear for pain I was not feeling the second time around and the first nurse that wanted to molest my junk (both genetic females).

Course I didn't mind the female EMT who was checking me out. But that's only because I'm single and she's young enough to make children. Too bad I will never see her again.

On the bright side I figured out finally why my B sized forms look like small C's when I put them on. It turns out I'm already a natural B cup. I would have thought that would have gone away as I lost my weight but nope. I wear a shirt without the forms or bra and its very hard to notice. But when I put on a bra it does become noticable, even without the forms but not to the extent of the forms does.

THe forms do make the dress look better though.

The other bright side is that I didn't hear any negative comments.

Eryn
01-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your health issue, and hope that you're feeling better soon.

I have a feeling that the ER is the last place you'd hear a negative comment. They see *everything* and a little underdressing probably wouldn't even be that unusual for them.

Jonelle
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM
What a horrible way to spend new years... I'm glad for you, as it seems it all worked out! Hopefully you will have a chance to meet that nurse again and hopefully she will be fully accepting of you!! Here's hoping!! Good Luck with everything!

Roberta Marie
01-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your health issue, and hope that you're feeling better soon.

I have a feeling that the ER is the last place you'd hear a negative comment. They see *everything* and a little underdressing probably wouldn't even be that unusual for them.

Some years ago, before I came out to her, my wife was a nurse manager at a metropolitan hospital. She was responsible for the ICU, CCU, and ED. One night she had a nurse from the ED page her to come down. When she arrived at the bedside of a patient that was heavily sedated that they were getting ready to move to the ICU, the nurse asked my wife if she should remove the patient's toe nail polish before any of his family arrived. As I said, I was not out to my wife yet, and she told the nurse that it was at her (the nurse's) discretion. Later on that night, while my wife was making her rounds through the ICU, she looked in on that same patient, and the patient's wife asked her who had removed her husbands toe nail polish, that she wanted to thank them for doing so with discretion, before the rest of the family arrived.

My wife also has told me that they do occasionally have cross-dressed men come through the ED, and generally the only reaction from the staff is jealousy, that a guy can look better than many of them.

Yup, they've seen it all.

Grace,
Bobbi

JulieC
01-07-2011, 12:48 PM
As Eryn and Roberta Marie said, a hospital seeing a crossdresser is like a rain forest seeing rain. I wouldn't even think twice about the thoughts of the staff there. They really don't care, and even if they did make a stink about it for some reason about the only thing that could come out of it is a potential negative for them retaining their jobs. People of all sorts of stripes come through their caring domains. Treating anyone improperly is really bad for their job health.

Very sorry about your kidney stone. Been there, passed that. It's hell. I felt like grenade and been blown up in my gut. Sorry you had to go through that :( If you speak with a urologist about the chemical makeup of the stone (they should analyze it once you've passed it), they will give you a host of recommendations for your diet. LISTEN to them. You don't want to endure that pain again.

kimdl93
01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
A friend that happens also to be a very experienced ED nurse told me the best thing for a kidney stone is to drink 3 beers. Of course, if you're vomitting that won't work either. But keep it in mind for future reference!

Shelly Preston
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
The last place to worry about how your dressed is the emergency room

In the summer i had a problem with my thumb so I attened dressed yes there were a few surprised looks when they had to match the male name with the lady stood in front of them

Other than that I was treated very professionall and not a word was said about how I was dressed

I also know how painful a kidney stone can be I hope it has passed without too much pain

vetobob9
01-07-2011, 01:32 PM
It passed almost exactly 24 hours after the pain started. I have an appointment on Tuesday for a physical. I'm going to take the stone with me.
I had to be reassigned a practitioner because I hadn't had a physical for a couple of years.
Course I wont be underdressing because its at a VA hospital.

sometimes_miss
01-07-2011, 09:24 PM

You usually won't hear the comment, but you'd be horrified at how some of the staffs talk about us amongst themselves. And there's no telling who will be sympathetic to you; sometimes the doctors will refer to you as a pervert or degenerate while the housekeeper couldn't care less.

S. Lisa Smith
01-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Sorry about your problem, but you are lucky that you caught the stone. I didn't get mine so I had to do a 24 hour urine collection. It was inconvenient, but at least I could do it on the weekend. The upshot to mine was that I was told to drink more water and only have 2 red meat meals a week...hope you are as lucky!

sissystephanie
01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Very sorry to hear you had a kidney stone! Been there, done that, and it is not fun!! I wasn't enfemme at that time, but have been on other occasions in the ER! My daughter, who knows I CD, is a Nursing Supervisor at one of our local hospitals and tells me that in her 30 years of nursing she has seen almost everything, including a lot of crossdressers!! I would believe that to be true almost everywhere with medical people!

BTW, to help get rid of kidney stones drink a lot of cranberry juice! The items in the juice will dissolve the stone! That comes from a urologist!!

Kim_Bitzflick
01-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I am glad things are better for you.

I've had stones & currently have three in my kidney waiting to be nudged out. I do not look forward to trying to pass them. The doc has had me on meds to prevent them, but.......

It's interesting because I didn't start hard into the CD'ing untill my first stone got stuck & I was in the hospital after emergency surgery to remove it.

I've tried several things to get rid of them. I don't know. Some things work for people. I'll keep looking for a solution.

As for going to the hospitaldressed or underdressed, I really don't care what they think of how I dress. I just want to be treated quickly and properly.

Eryn
01-07-2011, 11:28 PM
You usually won't hear the comment, but you'd be horrified at how some of the staffs talk about us amongst themselves. And there's no telling who will be sympathetic to you; sometimes the doctors will refer to you as a pervert or degenerate while the housekeeper couldn't care less.

If they are out of earshot it doesn't matter. I think that just about every vocation does pretty much the same thing.

msginaadoll
01-08-2011, 04:13 AM
Well I can empathize with you. I have kidney stones, and I am waiting to pass one now. This is the first time for me, and it has been interesting to say the least. Been feeling pain in parts of the body that never hurt before.

DebsUK
01-08-2011, 05:38 AM
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the stones. I've never suffered from them personally, but I do work in the lab where we analyse them and know they can be very nasty. On the bright side you might be able to do some sand blasting when the fragments work their way out