PDA

View Full Version : Scatterbrained, Airheaded or just obsessed?

SuzanneBender
01-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Today I was in a meeting. This meeting was completely unrelated to anything that could be associated in the least bit female let alone transgender. In fact, the topic was very serious and demanded a great deal of my attention. However, in the middle of the meeting my mind began to wander to all things Suzanne. I was thinking about hairstyles, how bad my nails look right now, my kids and my wife. I was even thinking about how much it would hurt when I have my ears pierced.

They say men think about sex every 8 seconds. I think I think about femme things almost that much. Does anyone else find there mind wandering to the fairer side during inconvenient moments?

"HMMMMMM I wonder if I need to shave my legs?":daydreaming:What were we talking about again?

cindym5_04
01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Honestly it sounds like the meeting was just plain boring. When I'm bored, my mind drifts around to anything that's not what's being discussed.

Karen kc
01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I often find myself on top of an 8ft ladder wondering what color of pantyhose I'm gonna wear when I get home, If I dont already have a pair on!

kimdl93
01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Was it just at the meeting or throughtout the day?

Debglam
01-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Yup. Pretty much every meeting I attend. . . femme stuff, the family, the house, how soon can I get out of here, "Oooh, look at the shiny thing outside the window!". . .

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? :D

Lorileah
01-07-2011, 12:44 PM
next time take notes...that way when you get home you will remember what you were thinking of wearing.

Yes there are days I go through the whole "maybe I should..." thing. Usually when I don't have something else holding my attention. I would guess you knew most of what was being presented or you knew it wasn't really pertinent to what you needed to do. I find that in many seminars. I don't need to know all the minutiae that the presenter thinks was so important to them. But what that happens I don't start thinking about what I would wear but I think about why the people around me are wearing what they have on. "Hmmm...she doesn't have a mirror in the house." or "her iron must be broken." or "Those colors??? together???" and on rare occasions (because no one male or female tends to dress up nice in my field) "wow I love those shoes" or more recently "That dress is perfect for her". Many other thoughts go through my head too like how many lights are there up there. I get bored easily so that is why I suspect this what you were going through.

OH and BTW it doesn't hurt to get your ears pierced :)

Persephone
01-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Huh? What?

SuzanneBender
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Was it just at the meeting or throughout the day?
Kim this just isn't during meetings. I have a bad case of transgenderous obsessivous aggravated by lackenous attentionous throughout the day.

"Oooh, look at the shiny thing outside the window!". . . Darn it Deb you made me forget what I was going to say, but what a pretty shinny thing!

next time take notes...that way when you get home you will remember what you were thinking of wearing.Lori that is what I have been doing wrong. I take notes about the meeting. That is a mistake. I am sure because I come up with great ideas for threads here and I come home sit down in front of the computer and go. "What was that idea again?" The question is just met with a blank slate and the hiss of air escaping from my cranium.

I also pay way to much attention to what others are wearing around me. In this environment I don't have to worry about it because most everybody is dressed the same, but back in the real world goodness there are waaaayyyy to many shinny things to compete for this blonde's attention.

kimdl93
01-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm convinced...definately obsessed. Now, are you concerned about it or happy about it? I know there are days when I have been unable to get anything done because my mind is elsewhere. As long as it doesn't happen too often - and cost me financially or professionally, it ain't no big deal.

SuzanneBender
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Kim its just an observation. I find that my mind wanders to two things the most in this life my family and my transgenderism. I would never let it effect work. There is plenty of room in this noggin for the details of work and all of the other good stuff. However, I keep forgetting where I have filed it in there. Hmmmmm did I put that memory under P for personnel or E for employees?

minalost
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a thick bank of "pink fog" rolling in. Honestly, I think about fem things just as often - okay, MORE often - then sex. I guess that means my mind-set is more feminine than masculine - if you believe in the stereotypes that is...

Jamiegirl1
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
All the time

StephanieDragg
01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
honey don't feel alone, all day long here while I am at work, my mind wanders to feminine things, to makes matters worse(or better) I befriended the lady who owns the resale shop a couple doors down and go down there when things get slow and chat with her and browse thru her shop...it better be very interesting to get my mind to get away from thinking about my shoes, hoisery,make-up, or going out

Rogina B
01-08-2011, 07:07 AM
As soon as I am not challenged by the task at hand my thoughts switch right back to family and dressing.I find that boy things don't hold my thoughts at all and feel like I have used up all my "boy cards".My wife has said that I killed Roger when I created Rogina but it is more like Roger is tired of being the working dog and Rogina gets to have fun IN NEW WAYS! So,my thoughts are with her.

KrystalA
01-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Having had the opportunity to take very early retirement, I no longer have to attend meetings, so during the day my thoughts often wander to CDing, and I find myself shopping online for new outfits and other CD accessories. Obsessed? Maybe, but I'm ok with it.

Raychel
01-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Just yesterday, It was a VERY busy day at work, and I found myself thinking about dressing nice. I was in work clothes, covered in dirt and grease. That thought was so far from the very manly moment I was in.:eek:

SuzanneBender
01-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a thick bank of "pink fog" rolling in. Honestly, I think about fem things just as often - okay, MORE often - then sex. I guess that means my mind-set is more feminine than masculine - if you believe in the stereotypes that is... Hmmmmm sex vs. femme things. That would make an interesting thread. I think I will give that one a try. If this is pink fog then I must be living in the transgender equivalent of London because it has been hanging around for years.

I find that boy things don't hold my thoughts at all and feel like I have used up all my "boy cards".Rogina same here dear! My interest in many of the stereotypically male things I used to love has departed. If it doesn't deal with my family, my career or being transgender I pretty much have lost interest in it. It wasn't a conscious decision it just has happened over the years. What I used to think was totally cool now seems ridiculously silly. I am experiencing that a lot right now being in the middle of a bunch of deployed male soldiers. I just find myself thinking, "boys will be boys" and moving on to something that interests me.

StaceyJane
01-08-2011, 09:22 AM
My night shift job gives me plenty of hours for my mind to wander. Plus I'm sitting in front of a computer. I can't go on CD.com but how about checking out Macy's?

Sara Jessica
01-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Sounds like a thick bank of "pink fog" rolling in.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Suzanne wouldn't know pink fog if it completely enveloped her. More below.

"Oooh, look at the shiny thing outside the window!".

...Darn it Deb you made me forget what I was going to say, but what a pretty shinny thing!

This is soooooo Suzanne as I will never forget being a witness to her nearly magnetic distraction/attraction towards something very pretty (easily substituted for shiny in this case). We were walking in Macy's, talking, either heading towards the escalator or another department when I turned mid-sentence to see Suzanne galloping towards a very beautiful dress that was on a display. Sigh...."c'mon Suzanne, if you're not gonna buy it!!! ;)

Now back to the serious stuff. Suzanne, what you are describing I've heard referred to as white noise. You know, that irritating sound a television makes when it's not tuned to a proper channel. Anyway, it's something that is always there but can be repressed by what's going on in our lives. In your example, the boredom you experienced during the meeting allowed the noise to be so loud that you were not only sufficiently distracted but you also became analytical about the whole thing. In other words, you understand yourself too well. I guess that the best state us middle-pathers can hope when life's richness distracts the noise to nearly zero. For me, this usually that happens when engaged in some family activity but even then, I sometimes find myself bringing a big old "what if" into the mix...as in "what if I'm experiencing what I am right now but living true to my soul." This, by definition, is simply the volume being turned back up at the most inopportune time.

SuzanneBender
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
This is soooooo Suzanne as I will never forget being a witness to her nearly magnetic distraction/attraction toward something very pretty (easily substituted for shiny in this case). We were walking in Macy's, talking, either heading towards the escalator or another department when I turned mid-sentence to see Suzanne galloping toward a very beautiful dress that was on a display. Sigh...."c'mon Suzanne, if you're not gonna buy it!!! ;) Now thats not fair. It was a really pretty dress and if they had it in my size it would have been mine. Sorry though I need to pay more attention to my family and friends when they are talking. My wife will attest to this.

what you are describing I've heard referred to as white noise... but can be repressed by what's going on in our lives. I guess that the best state us middle-pathers can hope when life's richness distracts the noise to nearly zero. For me, this usually that happens when engaged in some family activity... A new Sara term that I just love. You have a knack for describing things in a single term that would take me pages to begin to articulate. "White Noise" is there all of the time for me. The only real filter for it, like you, seems to be my family. Even then it can sometimes manage to overwhelm even that highly effective filter. I guess its just a fact of life for us.

docrobbysherry
01-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Suzanne, it's simply an issue of, "mind over matter"!

If u DON'T MIND, it really DOESN'T MATTER!

And, I DON'T! Because I'd MUCH rather obsess about Sherry's NEXT appearance than ANY of the repetative crap I deal with on a daily basis!

ErickaJ
01-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I find it to be normal to do that. Sometimes its no different then thinking in meetings and such, what to make for dinner. Should I buy this cause it matches the skirt/blouse I have nicely. Did I leave the coffee pot on? Our thoughts go for the moment. I think its just part of the scatterbrainness we all have at points in or life. If something doesn't catch our interest no matter what or wear it is, we start thinking of things that are in tune with our lives, to me, its human. :)

donnalee
01-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I think I can go you one better (or worse); I had a tendency to fall asleep during meetings, or worse, classes. There is something about being stuck in an overheated room with a speaker droning on and on (think Ben Stein or worse) that put me out like a light. I remember one instance about 15 years ago; it was something I really needed to know, but however much I tried, I just couldn't keep myself awake. About 10 years after that, I was diagnosed and treated for sleep apnea, which solved a great deal of the problem. Now, my mind will only wander some during meetings (which I consider about even with thumb twiddling as a waste of time) and yes, sometimes to girly stuff.

PretzelGirl
01-08-2011, 09:42 PM
I am going to save you from the pink fog thought Suzanne. Have you ever noticed that when you are hungry, all you think of is food? So if all you are thinking about is femme things then you obviously aren't getting enough. My prescription is a hot bubbly with a long prep session and plenty of shopping.

SuzanneBender
01-09-2011, 11:03 AM
So if all you are thinking about is femme things then you obviously aren't getting enough. My prescription is a hot bubbly with a long prep session and plenty of shopping. I like the prescription! It sounds just like what the Doctor ordered.

There is something about being stuck in an overheated room with a speaker droning on and on (think Ben Stein or worse) that put me out like a light... Now, my mind will only wander some during meetings (which I consider about even with thumb twiddling as a waste of time) and yes, sometimes to girly stuff. Ohhh I have fallen asleep in meetings also, but normally I just keep myself awake by letting my mind wander. :)

Suzanne, it's simply an issue of, "mind over matter"!

If u DON'T MIND, it really DOESN'T MATTER!

And, I DON'T! Because I'd MUCH rather obsess about Sherry's NEXT appearance than ANY of the repetative crap I deal with on a daily basis! Sherry you always know how to cut to the chase. I guess its a matter of priorities, family, me and then work. Shhhhh don't tell anyone I said that it wouldn't look good on a resume.