PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

the_me
01-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Today was a big first for me, and I want to share it with you all.

The first first would be meeting and talking with a group of local CDers!

The second first would be the first time trying on (and later buying) clothes in a public store!

And it is all thanks to a few things. First of all would be Pat! She has given me some of the greatest support I have ever had from anyone, if not THE greatest! Thank you so much, Pat!

I can't believe it, even still. What I did today, two weeks ago I would never have imagined this would happen. But it really did, and I'm incredibly grateful to everyone there!

The best part of the whole thing was trying on clothing at a small store. The feel of the clothing, the feel of being out in public, and having a new friend I'm comfortable around with me the whole time... who could ask for more?

And the outfit I bought! I wish I was somewhere I could wear it and model a bit... sadly not an option now... but I love it! A sleeveless grey shirt with embroidering, medium length skirt (matching grey), and black jacket (with pockets, thankfully!)! You better believe pictures are coming ASAP!

I really wanted to share that, and thank you all really. This wouldn't have happened if I weren't here.

Fab Karen
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Your clothes will fit, your clothes won't be hideous, you'll feel good about yourself... now if you live in one of those small towns where the locals point fingers & make rude comments ( time warps outside the current century ), head someplace outside of town & shop/dine/whatever.

Melissa Jill
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Congrats hun!
Im going to go clothes shopping for my first time next week, hopefully Ill be able to find the courage to try things on instore before buying too.

Gaby2
01-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Now isn't that great, Celes! I'm delighted for you. It's amazing how quickly you've taken the bull by the horns, considering you only joined the forum a couple of weeks ago. Fair play to Pat - that's what friends are for. Warms the heart. Fondest regards, Gaby

thechic
01-08-2011, 09:14 PM
That the only way to buy clothing,you can try it on, if it don't look right you can try on something else until you get the look and fit you require,try that online,same with makeup.

Alberta_Pat
01-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Thank you for the kind words Celes.

It is always a pleasure meeting someone new. BTW, you looked Gorgeous in that outfit. You wear it well.

I know that there will be a few who would love to have it, me included, but I haven't the figure for it.

It was great to meet you in person, and I hope that we can both get together on Friday for the monthly gathering of the "Edmonton Illusions Clan".

If it works, I will have a wig that you can wear, and I will have a set of forms to let you "complete your look".
And of course, pictures for those here who cannot make it to our meeting. :)

If I cannot make it, be sure to get hold of Liz as she will help you into the club, and introduce you to the rest of the girls. Be sure that you have a bit of your history ready to share. It is cathartic to share a bit about yourself, especially after the other members tell you a bit about themselves.

Congratulations! I know how big a step you made today. Onward and upward!

Pat

Kelly Blaine
01-08-2011, 11:50 PM
I am anxiously awaiting the pictures. Wow! It really sounds cute.

Persephone
01-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Very cool, Celes! Isn't it amazing how a few activities can make you feel so great? Treasure each and every moment! And enjoy!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Maria 60
01-09-2011, 08:21 AM
That's great, sounds like your happy and that's all that matters. I will say myself that this site has helped me, it's great to talk to the wife about things, but it's always better when you get advice from people who walk in your shoe's. As much as you get advice here you should be proud of yourself for doing it. Good for you

Michelle 51
01-09-2011, 08:36 AM
I know what your talking about.If it wasn't for the help of two members on this forum Michelle would still be sitting in the house not knowing the joy of being out as a women.Its so much easier with someone to go with.

the_me
01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Thank you all for the nice words! I'll take a preview of the jacket and throw it up tomorrow when I'm not so busy, but the rest might have to wait till I get out in it and have some good ones! Haha.

If it works, I will have a wig that you can wear, and I will have a set of forms to let you "complete your look".
And of course, pictures for those here who cannot make it to our meeting. :)

If I cannot make it, be sure to get hold of Liz as she will help you into the club, and introduce you to the rest of the girls. Be sure that you have a bit of your history ready to share. It is cathartic to share a bit about yourself, especially after the other members tell you a bit about themselves.

Thanks for the offer Pat, but thinking ahead to the weekend, I'm not sure what's going to happen at all! On one hand I want to go and change there, on the other I want to wait to dress fully when I have everything I want, which shouldn't take too long, but another payday would definately help... and either way, I really don't want to miss this monthly meeting. I'd be kicking myself if I didn't go at all!

Hmn, I guess I'll see if I hear back about those boots I was looking at, it'll be great if they can get some in for me, they were pretty nice. Even if I end up going out drab, it will be just fine with me, this time. I would feel worse if I let it become a habbit.