PDA

View Full Version : i've made my decision

StaceyJane
01-08-2011, 08:29 PM
At my next therapist appointment Tuesday morning I'm going to tell my therapist that I feel ready to start hormones.
I have given this an enormous amount of thought. I know it's the right next step for me. I cannot live my life without becoming doing this. I don't want to live a life of regret. I'm not ready to transition or even go full time yet but the amount of time I do spend as a woman has been increasing as has the amount of satisfaction I get from it and the feeling that being a woman is truly right for me.
I have no doubt that I would be happier living as a woman.
I'm not worried about infertility. I'm 45 with three daughters and seven grand kids.
I have come out to my wife and daughters and they have been very supportive.
I can see that the day will come soon that I will be living as a female pretty much all the time except for work.
In a way I already am. I shave my arms and legs daily and wear female underwear all the time. I feel like I am a woman even when my clothes might still be on the male side. One thing that I have learned is that while clothes might be a visible expression of my sexuality, it's not what makes me male or female.

Honestly I have wanted hormones since I was a teenager and first learned of what they can do. I know they aren't a magic pill but I truly believe they will help me feel better on the inside.

A few years ago I tried self medicating for a couple of months. I felt good about taking the hormones but I really wasn't ready. so much has changed in my life I have really begun to explore myself as a woman and my place in this world as a female.
Now I am ready for the next step.

Stacey

Faith_G
01-08-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm happy for you! :hugs:

Terri Andrews
01-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Good for you

thechic
01-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Good for you Hope all goes well.Its such a hard road out there,i thought it would be better to tell some of your good friend of your intentions, you don't want to surprise them to much.Do you go out a Woman.
Ive been considering HRT for the last couple of months but sort of chickend out probably because of the cancer thing. im basically out of the Closet and living out there as a semi woman.and the doctor has asked me when would i like to start.Thats me thought Like to sit on the fence,and watch everybody ,might make a start as I just Hate this male body i and being stressed to the max with Life.
CUL

Kathryn Martin
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
I am very happy to hear this. I have long thought that you need to step in the right direction. I wish you the very best Stacey

Megan_Girl
01-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Congratulations!
It's a big decision. We're proud of you and you have our love and support.

Hugs

Megan

Starling
01-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Congratulations, Stacey Jane!

:) Lallie

sandra-leigh
01-09-2011, 12:16 AM
At my next therapist appointment Tuesday morning I'm going to tell my therapist that I feel ready to start hormones.
I have given this an enormous amount of thought. I know it's the right next step for me. I cannot live my life without becoming doing this. I don't want to live a life of regret.

I hear ya! I didn't think I would start for "another decade, at least", and here I am, first pill today. But I didn't want to regret not trying. I didn't buy a sports-car or a Trophy Wife for my mid-life crisis; I did this instead. :o

It was time, andropause anyhow... if my body is going to get accustomed to a new biochemistry, it might as well be this one rather than settling down after andropause and then making another big biological change.

Rianna Humble
01-09-2011, 03:33 AM

Congratulations, Stacey, I hope you get the prescription straight away!

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm green with envy because I still haven't got far enough to be able to start on hormones.

AmberM
01-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Congrats, Stacey Jane and you go girl!

Chari
01-09-2011, 04:58 AM
Wonderful to hear you have made the decision to go to the "next step"! IMO, it has taken more than just "shaving legs, wearing lingerie", makeup, & high heels to enjoy my feminine side. I always need to be comfortable and confident in who I am, no matter what I am wearing.

leotard fan
01-09-2011, 05:54 AM
all the best to you! is a big decision. you will feel great for sure! big hug, girlie!

Melody Moore
01-09-2011, 06:19 AM
First of all well done for making a tough decision, as my doctor said to me...
Congratulations for tethering the testosterone & defeating the male ego!

I'm not ready to transition or even go full time yet
Stacey, you are taking the first step right now to living out your life long dream. And I know that in time as the hormones restore
peace & happiness to your life you will be able to face up to your worst fears & most difficult situations even in your employment.

We all faced that fear of the unknown with our acceptance by members of society but after I took that leap of faith I soon
realised that the fears & paranoia we had about acceptance were all very unfounded. You have a really great family that is
sticking by you & supporting you all the way, and you really cannot ask for more than that. I honestly believe that you are
someone who is very strong and ticks all the boxes as a transsexual female who will be very successful in their transitioning.

You have my best wishes and support any time you might need it.

Hugs :hugs: melody Xx

morgan51
01-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Congrats Stacey I know the feeling of being truly happy as your true self will be calming and centering for you.

Traci Elizabeth
01-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Stacey, congrats!

I would not count on always being able to be male at work and female outside with taking hormones. You may end up like me and have an explosion of breast growth. I am thin (135#) & only 5' 7" yet my breasts have grown to a 36C in just over 10 months and on my frame, there is NO hiding them no matter what I wear. But that is great for me as I have transitioned 24/7 for quite awhile now.

Nevertheless, my point is that one has NO control over how their bodies are going to react to hormones. So don't think that you can necessarily hide your changes from work.

Plus the greatest changes may very well be mental and emotional with uncontrollable crying spells, hot flashes, feminine mannerism, etc, none of which promotes a male image at work!

StaceyJane
01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Stacey, congrats!

I would not count on always being able to be male at work and female outside with taking hormones. You may end up like me and have an explosion of breast growth. I am thin (135#) & only 5' 7" yet my breasts have grown to a 36C in just over 10 months and on my frame, there is NO hiding them no matter what I wear. But that is great for me as I have transitioned 24/7 for quite awhile now.

Nevertheless, my point is that one has NO control over how their bodies are going to react to hormones. So don't think that you can necessarily hide your changes from work.

Plus the greatest changes may very well be mental and emotional with uncontrollable crying spells, hot flashes, feminine mannerism, etc, none of which promotes a male image at work!

That's impressive growth.
I guess that I'm just ready to take the risk. I can't spend my whole life living in fear.

Nicole Erin
01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
You won't regret it.
Even if you later decide it is not the right thing, you can stop but I think you will be fine

aprilgirl
01-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Best wishes to you Stacey. It's wonderful that you have a supportive family along with all your friends here. Life is too precious not to be who you are, I'm proud of you.

annabellejorden
01-09-2011, 11:54 PM
When I was on my feminisation program last year, and now that I am restrting it, HRT is part of the process.

I have to say that the effect it has is amazing.
As stated, it's no magic pill, but it has changed a lot.

Good luck with it.