PDA

View Full Version : Bummed about work but understands at the same time....

ErickaJ
01-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey everyone.

Well today at work I went to our HR and asked them about our name badges that we have to wear. I work at the service desk at Wal-Mart. I have been dressing full time at work as a woman and everyone knows about me, even the customers. Today I inquired about the idea of having my name badge Ericka instead of my male name. Due to company policy I have to keep my male name on the badge because its my legal name. Even with me in the works of beginning to try and transition I asked if they make exceptions they said sorry but no. The reason is because if they let some people use names that are not legally associated to theirs, then they will get a ton of people being like, "well they can have whatever so I should too". Bummed out a bit about it but what can you do. I do plan to speak with our store manager and even corporate just to plea my case and see what can happen. If nothing then I will go by what I have to do. After all its just a name badge. No matter what the name on their I know I'm Ericka at heart!

panda
01-11-2011, 01:37 AM
You could always change your name though, then it *would* be your legal name :)

siantv2003
01-11-2011, 06:19 AM
You could always change your name though, then it *would* be your legal name :)

Exactly what I was thinking .. you dont have to wait until you have completed your transition to change your name?!

noeleena
01-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi.

Deed poll is one way to sort that out tho i had my name changed on most things before having surgery & i could have done that some years before , & as far as it goes you can have a nick name
If your dressing as a woman then yes you can have a womans name they cant stop you from wearing what ever name you wish to be known by, your birth name is only for legal documents & your sig

the inland revenue dept changed my name from noel to noelena over the phone & i had not changed my names with births deaths & marrage tiil a good while.that was done later.

The hospital did the same in fact our endo asked what name i was going to use Now i think they are of more concern than your works dept ,

Id get some out landish name & do the dead poll & tell them try this on boys & see what they say.
Sound s to me they have a problem & its not about names

One of our top lawers changed his name from Bob to Alice to stir up the legal top brass in wellinton N Z & put the boot in , oh dear they could not hack it . iv met & talked with him so know all the facts .

...noeleena...

Kate Simmons
01-11-2011, 07:18 AM
A Rose by any other name is still a rose my friend.:)