PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis and your views

Kaly
01-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone, how are we all today?

Having read the thread "stopping" I got to thinking about hypnosis. People use it to stop smoking, for weight loss and many different things. Maybe it could be used to stop CDing. Has anyone ever experienced Hypnosis? Having seen hypnosis done recently as part of my psychology studies and it working quite well I would consider it to help stop the urge of wanting to act "girlie". It would make life oh so much easier.

Basically then point of me posting this thread it to ask what people views are on hypnosis? Would you ever consider it? Do you think it would leave an empty gap in your live if you did have it done to stop CDing.

Hope to read many peoples views on this matter.
Hugs Kalyan x

*edit

Having wrote this thread I did a bit of looking up in the Internet to the psychological reasons for CDing, and found a site with something that I thought was quite interesting so thought I would share.

Can Crossdressing Be Cured?

For too many years, psychologists and psychiatrists attempted to "cure" CDs. Today, most professional care givers have recognized and accepted that being a CD is lifelong; and, more positive results (for all concerned) can be obtained by teaching CDs to accept their feminine side.

While most CDs can control their urge to dress, it is important that everyone understand, "There Is No "Cure," Crossdressing Is Lifelong!"

kimdl93
01-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Hypnosis can only help you focus on doing something you really want to do. While I have no idea how often it works on smoking or dieting, I think this would be a tough one to "cure" by hypnosis. CDing, it seems, is an innate part of who we are, not a habit we picked up. Many of us have quite, sometimes repeatedly or for decades, and come back again .

That being said, one can quit doing (if not being CD). During that interval, I know I would feel a void in my life.

Kathleen Ann Trees
01-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I've been hypnotized twice, one for fun at a work event (where I was the best martian you've ever seen) and once with a therapist when I was struggling with stress and the whole life on your shoulders thing. I did tell the therapist that I wanted to quit. We had 6 or 8 sessions where he got to know me. (History, family, work, experiences, etc.) I was so relaxed during the hypnosis that the 35 or 40 minutes it took seemed like about 7 or 8 minutes. Much of it was about relaxing, clearing my mind, breathing, etc. I have no idea if during my session there was any direct or subtle "subliminal" suggestion made. I don't recall one. I doubt it, but I can't say for certain as I was really relaxed. For 2 or 3 years I was able to recall that session, and that hypnosis, using the same technique to decompress. Over time my ability to recall the session has waned a little. I can still do it (use it) but it's not as intense or effective a relaxing technique.

As for my urges to quit, there was never a noticeable change. Like many I've read in this forum, urges come and go. I went through the holidays with family in the house and an active calendar, so there was no time and consequently little urge. Yesterday, I had some time home alone and had one of the best 4 or 5 hours in years. I was very relaxed!!!!

Kathleen Ann

Kaly
01-11-2011, 10:43 AM
With hypnosis, you wouldn't remember what was said (if you were truly hypnotized and not just going with the flow). I am no expert in hypnosis, far from it. I got a couple of lessons in it but that is a different story.

Thank you for the two replies and your views on hypnosis. The subject fasinates me =)

I would be happy to here other views =)
Hugs Kalyan x

Gina X
01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't want to be hypnotised to be "cured" of CD'ing I want to be hypnotised to become more feminine please................

Stephanie Miller
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking it would be easier to instead of hypnotizing ME to dislike who I am (cold day in hell) - it would be much easier to hypnotize EVERYONE ELSE to like me for who I am.

Tina B.
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
A cure, anyway you do it, has it's own fears. I always thought I wanted to be "cured" but after many years thinking about it, I'll just stay the way I am. I'm not sure that stopping dressing would really make me happy. Even if the pull wasn't there, would I ever find anything that makes me feel so whole and complete. I've got a lot of hobbies, but there is not one of them that gives me the feelings of inter contentment, peace, and fulfillment as putting on a skirt and cute top, wig and make-up. Unless I was guaranteed finding that feeling, why would I give it up, just to please others, am I not in tiled to a little happiness?
Besides I've seen what happens when hypnoses goes wrong, it's scary, if you do go for it, find a pro!
Tina B.

Kaly
01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Sorry, I think I have given the wrong idea, When I said I would consider it. I just meant I would think about having it done but it is very unlikely. Sure it would make life easier but I am quite happy being me. I just want other people view on the subject.

suzy1
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't want to be hypnotised to be "cured" of CD'ing I want to be hypnotised to become more feminine please................

I feel the same as Gina. I am a crossdresser. I am not someone with a problem that needs a cure!

A happy C.D. girl.

MichelleP
01-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Being CD/TG is much more deeply ingrained than a "bad habit" like smoking. I doubt the procedure would work.

linda allen
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I wonder if one could be hypnotized to grow breasts? :heehee:

meri
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Crossdressing is a symptom of a much deeper issue, it's not a "substance" that we abuse or anything like that. If you address the underlying issue, then the urge to crossdress disappears. I am working on an article to address this very subject for this group and I will post it soon.

Stephanie Miller
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
As long as YOU think you did Linda, does it matter what others see? :confused:

Jay Cee
01-11-2011, 05:56 PM
From what I understand about hypnosis, you can't be made to do something that you don't want to do, or to stop something that you do want to do.

Sheren Kelly
01-11-2011, 08:02 PM
If Hypnosis could "cure" anything, then there would be no need for 12 step programs.

As I understand it, it will help you bypass psychological barriers and support/motivate a desired behavior. I would think Hypnosis would help in stripping away fear and self-doubt for the TG person in coming to accept themselves.

Kate Simmons
01-11-2011, 08:12 PM
You basically don't need someone to hypnotize you to do or stop doing anything. Will power and choice is the key to everything. People can talk themselves into almost anything if they believe in it strongly enough as is proven time and again on this Forum. Taking ownership of one's self and responsibility for one's own actions is the real challenge. That determines if anything is a compulsion or a choice really.:)

susiej
03-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I suppose hypnosis could be used to help you suppress your feminine side, if you really felt that's what you want to do. I know this is true because it also works the other way -- it can help you intensify your femininity, to be more comfortable about yourself as a woman, if that's what you want.

First thing you need to do is figure out what you want.

Phoebe P.
03-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I have no desire to stop CD'ing. I don't have much to look forward to every day (haven't had a vacation since '02), but I love being Phoebe every night and wearing my panties all day! The only way I would stop is if it hurt my wife. Even then it would be very hard to let go now that I've embraced it wholeheartedly!

Simply_Vanessa
03-03-2011, 10:16 PM
If only it was this easy :) I purged EVERYTHING 4 months ago, changed my lifestyle completely...yet, here I am once again.

no matter how hard you try, you can't change who you are underneath it all. you've got to realize this on your own..but one day you will come to a point in your life where you realize that hiding and masking your true self will do nothing but drain the life out of you.

eluuzion
03-04-2011, 05:26 AM
A little chloroform on a cocktail napkin works much faster with most women in bars...:heehee::D:heehee:

Hypnosis...it is all in the delivery of the technique and susceptibility of the sucker...er, ah..I mean subject...:heehee:

That psych community is divided into a "state or trait" debate.

The "state" theory goes with the idea that life and consciousness is just a series of endless "stages" we all slide in and out of. This is just one of those flavors in the ice cream store.

The "trait" side leans more toward the "susceptibility" factor. Simply stated...some people are more easily prone to be led into this state successfully than others. Some are easy, some take a long time to induce and others are not susceptible at all (I'm one of the "immune", lol).

The "test" used to "test" susceptibility is typically the "hand clasp test". You simply have the candidates interlock their fingers of both hands in a tightly held grip for a short time, while making the suggestions that they will not be able to release that grip. Those who cannot release when asked to do so...are good candidates for hypnosis. Both sides agree this is a quick way to select a good subject. (You will see a lot of stage magicians...er, ah...hypnotists...do this with audience members to pick out a good candidate for the trick, er, ah...I mean session, lol.

Actualllaalllaalalully... the muscles of the fingers/hand will naturally begin to "freeze up" like a "cramping session" in a short time on their own in that position...but don't tell anybody....hehehe

There is a lot more to cognitive persuasion...more of a progressive relaxation session pushed to extreme depth...much depends on the expertise of the ring master...the outcome depends on the individual. (and the amount of gold content in the pocket watch you are swinging...24K is better than 10K gold filled...at least it is in a pawn shop these days...lol)

:love:

Gerrijerry
03-04-2011, 05:49 AM
I never told you this but you can't be made to do anything you really don't want to do thru hypnosis. You can make a silly suggestion and some people will do it. But anything really meaningfull will not work. To get that to happen you will need to do a lot more then just hypnosis. Also there may have been studies ( of course I will deny I said this) that found hypnosis with drugs and other forms of interagration were used to get a better result but in the end nothing like what you see in the movies.
You could get some people to temp. dress as a woman and a CD to temp stop. However after some time the effect would not work any more. After all if you could don't you think it would be used all over the place to have others do what certain people want you to do. You are getting sleepy, sleepy, you want to dress as a woman and never dress as a male again. OH no it worked

Sally R.
03-04-2011, 08:00 AM
I would like to have my wife hypnotized to be more accepting. Would it work? She was hypnotized once for weight loss, and has not been able to eat beef since, so she does respond to it.

Audra Sinclair
03-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Hypnosis is a tool like anything else. I have studied and used hypnosis for years. It has been used in Law Enforcement to get more detailed information from witnesses. It can stop bad habits such as nail biting ect. It can also be used to enhance a trait such as sports for crossdressing. I practice self hypnosis and it works but not as good as being hypnotised by a professional. I searched long and hard to find a hypnotist who puts out a CD for crossdressing. I found it on cheetu.com. I have been using the CD's on crossdressing hypnosis for about 8 months now and I find it really helps me with my confidence. The CD on "Public Arena" is really helpful. It built my confiedence for going out in public.

Hypnosis has its detractors and it will never work for them. If you really want something to happen the mind is a powerful tool. All I can say is it works for me.

NicoleScott
03-04-2011, 11:52 AM
My [then current, now ex-] wife found out about my crossdressing and wanted us to go to counseling/therapy. I agreed, but we were not in agreement as to the goals of such sessions. She wanted me cured, and I wanted her acceptance. We had individual and joint sessions.
Anyway, it was a husband/wife team. He was a psychologist, she was a counselor (whatever that is. My guess: one who counsels). He tried hypnosis on me. I'm not sure I was ever under hypnosis, but I gave it my best shot. It was clear that his goal was to cure me of crossdressing.
After 12-15 sessions (not cheap!) the couple recognized that we were at an impasse, and advised that we should seriously consider splitting, which we eventually did.

celeste26
03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm with Gina on this one, give me the help to be more feminine, not to stop.

kristinacd55
03-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I've seen hypnosis to make you MORE of a woman, not the other way around.

Sharon B.
03-04-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm with Gina also, hypnotize me to be more of a woman not less than.

Karren H
03-04-2011, 05:11 PM
My mother-in-law was hypnotized into thinking she was a non-smoker... 20+ years ago and never smoked again. So I'd say it would work for crossdressing. Too bad they didn't hypnotize her into being a nice person too. Evil witch lady.

trina
03-04-2011, 05:28 PM
I am a GG and I wouldn't want my husband to try that. I'm sure he would want to because, even after a decade of doing it in secret, he still doesn't except that that is just the way he is--it's a part of him and it's not going away--he still says he hates to do it and feels guilty when he does. I just don't want him to feel any worse. Though it has taken a while for me to get here (to the accepting stage) I do want to stay here. I don't want him to feel bad about himself. I don't want him to hide from his true self. Being a very shy guy I don't think he would ever tell anyone he knows or go out in public, but I just hope he feels comfortable enough to do it at home--with or without me around.

sometimes_miss
03-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Crossdressing is different things for different people; for some, it's a recreational activity, for others, a change of gender self-identity temporarily, some of us, an escape from who we are, to who we feel we were supposed to be. Hypnotism will be variably successful, depending on what your crossdressing is for you. I have found that I can stop crossdressing, but like smoking, when you suppress one coping mechanism, some other type of behavior takes it's place, and of course most people will not have the ability to identify what is happening to them as it occurs.
So, do I think hypnosis works? Sure, for some. But it's not a cure all for everyone. If you want to try it, by all means, go ahead. If things don't work out, you can always go back or to another hypnotist to try again, or reverse the suggestion that was given.
My problem is with those who don't recognize that nothing is 100% effective on everyone. If it doesn't seem to work, they will try to fix it fix it fix it, rather than admit that their 'cure' isn't going to work.

stephiemont
03-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I've seen hypnosis to make you MORE of a woman, not the other way around.

I used hypnosis to give up smoking, something I did not want to continue doing. It involved self hypnosis. So I applied this to crossdressing and not find I have have no problem with dressing but hate smokers!

Stephie M.

Jessica86
03-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I have experienced hypnosis before, and it is a big reason why I am open with who I am. Any hypnotist that is true to their work will tell you the effects only supress part of your mind until you remember it. It could be days, weeks or years, but your old train of thought will return. No matter what you do, you are who you are. This is why hypnotists like to work in sessions. If it was guaranteed, then there would be no need for weight loss supplements. Everyone would be lined up at the hypnotists office.