PDA

View Full Version : I told my therapist

StaceyJane
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
This last week I made a very important decision about starting HRT.
Well today I had my therapist appointment to tell her what I had decided.

My appointment started as usual. I told her about the Youtube video I had made yesterday. I always send her a link. I think it's important for her to see me as Stacey and what I like to do. We discussed the video and my trip to the State Capitol for a few minutes. Then I talked about new developments in a nonTG family issue. This was something we had been talking about for a while.

Finally it was time for a new topic. I told her that I had decided to start taking hormones. She seemed to be very happy for me. I had discussed my struggles for a long time and she was happy I am moving forward.
Of course she asked the standard therapist question....How does making this decision make you feel?
Answer...A Relief!

I discussed my journey and how I came to the point where I feel ready for this. She also had comment ideas of her own why this was a necessary step for me.

Then we talked about doctors. She has worked with TG patients before but in New York City. She just started practicing her a couple of years ago and doesn't really know any local doctors.
She did say she would be very happy to write me a referral letter or talk on the phone with any doctor.

Overall it was a very positive experience. I feel really good about this and I'm so glad to have her full support.

Zenith
01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm glad to see you going about hormones the proper way Stacey. May your journey be all you hope...
:)

sandra-leigh
01-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Having just received my spiro prescription a few days ago, I would say that the biggest feeling for me was the pleasure of moving forward, of doing something. It is too early to say yet if I am one of the people that HRT helps, but even if the result is to find that the drugs don't fit my individual biochemistry, the trying is important.

Laura_Stephens
01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Very happy for you!

Traci Elizabeth
01-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Ah! Another gal marching forward! Congrats!