PDA

View Full Version : I may be alone on this one...

sarah_alexander
01-11-2011, 10:35 PM
I live on the bottom floor of a large apartment complex, in a courtyard. There are about 5 units side by each, along with the 5 or so townhouse/apartment units across the courtyard from me. Everyone has their drapes closed all the time...virtually anyways. When I'm home, they are always open. Does this make me a voyeur magnet, self assured or just curious to let others into my little world? If they see me dressed, that doesn't cocern me, but why am I the only one willing to open the blinds to the outside world?

Eryn
01-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Hmmm, daytime or night time?

In daylight there is little to be seen through the window from outside. At night, if your lights are on, you're the floor show.

sissystephanie
01-11-2011, 11:02 PM
It does mean that you are self-assured, and confident in who you are. And I commend you for that. You have the right attitude for a CD, which I think I also have. Unfortunately, not many CD's do.

I live in a house with neighbors on both sides, but nowhere near enough for them to see in my windows. Most of my drapes are always open, except for my master bedroom. It faces the sun most of the day (when we have sun!), so I keep them closed most of the time. But that room is upstairs anyway, so nobody could see in!!

Karinsamatha
01-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Other than my bed room which I keep the drapes closed normally, my living room is open to view - I know I am visible and am OK with it. The only time I am not dressed as my self is when I am at work.

sarah_alexander
01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Did any of you find yourselves a bit voyeuristic when you were younger? I feel I have become the opposite to that, while remaining ambivalent to it.

Karinsamatha
01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Did any of you find yourselves a bit voyeuristic when you were younger? I feel I have become the opposite to that, while remaining ambivalent to it.

No not at all, That part me hasn't changed - was never part of my mental make up.

Kelly DeWinter
01-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Sounds to me like an Apartment Complex full of Vampires

Samantha B L
01-11-2011, 11:43 PM
I applaud you Sarah,there really isn't any reason,on the whole,for people to keep their houses shut up like a bank vault or a coffin 24/7. Of course,It is smart to lock your door at night or to keep it locked most of the time in a bad neighborhood. And I would use a little caution about open drapes and blinds if you're nude or changing clothes. And if you should ever have anybody being a nuicanse and staring in your windows,of course close the blinds and drapes. But in a way I like your attitude.

Jorja
01-12-2011, 12:33 AM
I now live in the middle of a woods and my drapes are always open :) (the animals don't gossip much). My nearest neighbor is about 1 mile away.
For years I lived in an apartment complex much as you describe. I always kept the drapes open except in the bedroom. I think people today just want to live in thier own little world with thier rose colored glasses on.