PDA

View Full Version : Bragging?

5150 Girl
01-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Ya know, somtimes I feel like a big braggart when I speak of all the good CD experiences I have now, and I really don't mean to be, I just wanna share.
I do hope when us girls who are out and happy share our stories it should serve to inspire others that there are infact acepting SO's out there, and you don't have to hide in a closet with fear.
Once upon a time, I was in lock down with an unacepting SO. If it can turn arround for me here in redneckville Ohio, I can happen for you to!

StaceyJane
01-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I think it great to share our stories. I was inspired by others here and now I hope to be an inspiration.

carhill2mn
01-15-2011, 02:28 PM
I feel a lot like you do. I do not feel comfortable posting all of my good, somewhat ordinary everyday positive CD experiences. Perhaps, this is due to the "training" that I received from my Norwegian Lutheran mother (grin).

Michelle 51
01-15-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't call that bragging.You done what you had to do to make your life worthwhile and that takes courage.hugs Michelle

JamieTG
01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
I think its natural when something exciting happens, to want to share it with others who understand. Its not bragging. Its sharing and giving others here hope and encouragement.

t-girlxsophie
01-15-2011, 03:41 PM
I too,have often felt that I maybe,go on too much about my Accepting wife and that It may appear that I am bragging,but really I just like to share the positive aspects of my Crossdressing,In the hope it may help others,I just want to give back to the wonderful People here in any small way If I possibly can

AnnaCalliope
01-15-2011, 04:48 PM
It helps promote an environment of "If she can do it, so can I".

Chickhe
01-16-2011, 03:00 AM
The true stories about everyday life and special events are very enjoyable to read. It is not bragging to post the good things that happened to you...

Tanya C
01-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Sometimes I feel like I come off like I'm gloating about my supportive wife, but actually I'm simply attesting to the amazing capacity most gg's possess for loving acceptance. But it all starts with acceptance of ourselves because that's what give us the confidence to tell our spouses the truth about our crossdressing and how important it is in our lives.
This is not to say that all spouses can ultimately accept, some simply will not. But I do think there are those who can accept over time with proper communication and honesty.
The reason many people don't accept crossdressing is because they've never had to, but doesn't mean they can't adapt.

Persephone
01-16-2011, 04:59 AM
I too worry about coming across as bragging/gloating and I also sometimes worry that some here think that some of my posts are made up or embellished.

I will admit that describing some of my activities does make me feel good about my blessings, my life, and myself, but I really do try to post in a way that will be useful and informative to others. I try to post the negatives too so that those who are considering going out will be able to consider the consequences as well.

Personally, I enjoy reading the posts of small steps just as I enjoy reading the out-and-about posts. Each of them means that an individual here is becoming more comfortable with herself.

Our lives and our posts are not about competing with one another, nor about challenging others to do something they aren't comfortable doing. They should be about being ourselves and being comfortable with who we are. We're here to support and celebrate each other, not to run madly along some path or timeline that really doesn't exist.

Hugs,
Persephone.

noeleena
01-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Hi.
For me i see it as more than that , bragging .

Many on this forum & the same for other forums im on shows me that many of yous here , just like dressing & really do that well. & more so for many of you you could be passed in the street & not even be percived as any thing different than a woman , yet you have to return to your former life.

Most of those i know live in Austraila & yes have met with them , pity i cant meet yous .
There is one thing that does come out to me i know theres many more . any way as i listen to yous & its some thing i could not do get dressed up takeing the time & for many going out to where ever. & having a good time & then back to doing as you do most days work familys school & with your children you know just life, that detail is you have your time dressed & wait till the next time.
I could not do that. it had to be all out if you like one way. just being a woman so i really have to hand it to yous i think its harder to do what you do than it is for me tho that in some ways may be strange .

I would put it this way not bragging about what youv done or been just bragging rights for being you. & when i see your pics , i think oh dear i just dont even measure up to how lovely you all look . & im ment to be a woman oh dear i sure did miss the boat on the looks dept.. oh well thats life.

...noeleena...

lauraabdl
01-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Noeleena you didn't miss the boat, each and everyone of us have different traits and we work with what we were given.

I get out very often, my makeup takes two hours, pistures to follow soon (working with camera and puter). Just the other day I was just going to go window shopping at the mall all dressed up-white turtle neck long sleeve sweater an a 3/4 length light beige skirt with a tafata slip for some fullness an my 2 1/2" black heels with nylons, full makeup and a semi blond wig. Well anyways like I said I was just window shopping when this female SA ask if she could help me? I just said I was looking for a full blue skirt that would swish when I turned. To my surpise she led me over to a skirt that you could just die for. and asked me if I wanted to try it on, so I did an to make a long story shorter, I bought a skirt a blouse and two types of foundation. The SA makes the trip all possible and I have not met too many that are not that nice.
Sorry for getting long winded, just thought she needed a pick her up.

Danielle Gee
01-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Ya know, somtimes I feel like a big braggart when I speak of all the good CD experiences I have now, and I really don't mean to be, I just wanna share.
I do hope when us girls who are out and happy share our stories it should serve to inspire others that there are infact acepting SO's out there, and you don't have to hide in a closet with fear.
Once upon a time, I was in lock down with an unacepting SO. If it can turn arround for me here in redneckville Ohio, I can happen for you to!

Wait,....I thought I lived in "Redneckville,Ohio".....But I agree with you, as some of you know I have a very accepting spouse also. Sometimes I fail to comment on a post, or fail to follow thru on posting a new thread because I'd feel like I was bragging.My heart just breaks sometimes when I read of the troubles some of us have. I wish everyone could be as happy as my Sweetie and I.

Danielle

Kathi Lake
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
As I said in another post, I post my adventures for my amusement and encouragement, the same reason I take pictures - almost as proof to myself that I actually went out there and did it! If they encourage and/or amuse others, great!

I sure hope that I don't come off as bragging. I try to capture both the good and the bad in my posts. My personality type seems not to dwell on the bad, however, so maybe it looks as though my life is all good. It's not. It is pretty stinkin' incredible, but not perfect!

:)

Kathi

PretzelGirl
01-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I agree with everyone that telling the positive is something to give each other something to wish for or achieve. But also think about this board without any of the positive posts. This forum would be about unacceptance and getting clocked when out. The Special Occasions wouldn't exist (there would be none). Body Issues would be about HRT gone wrong or allergies to make-up. Think of this board if it were all negative. Yuck!

docrobbysherry
01-17-2011, 01:24 AM
I believe "bragging" requires that u embellish or exaggerate your story(s).:brolleyes:

If u aren't doing that, I don't think you're bragging!:thumbsup:

There r PLENTY of shrinking violets on this site. Most of whom appreciate the shared experiences of those of u that get out there and "live the dream"!:)

PLEASE keep posting your inspirational stories!:daydreaming:

Signed,
A small, purple flower!:o

5150 Girl
01-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Wait,....I thought I lived in "Redneckville,Ohio

It's the 70 / 77 rule... "Redneckville,Ohio" can potentaily be anywhere south of I- 70, and / or east of I-77

Danielle Gee
01-24-2011, 05:54 AM
It's the 70 / 77 rule... "Redneckville,Ohio" can potentaily be anywhere south of I- 70, and / or east of I-77

Apparently you've never visited "quaint" Pike county!!! LOL

Eryn
01-25-2011, 01:28 AM
I forget who said it, but "It ain't braggin' if you done it!"

All the stories are inspirational and have really helped me. Perhaps someday I'll be in a position where I can contribute one. Please keep it up!

Misti
01-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, please do keep posting your success stories (like those of Kathi (#14)). I get so many of my inspirations from them, as I am working "very hard" to swing my loving, not so understanding nor approving SO, to the new "loving, feminine" me....
It's been a very long, hard and arduous process, and there are still many, many more miles to travel in order to be able to step into my beautiful high heels and walk proudly in public - Wow!; but truthfully, all the effort has been absolutely worth the effects derived therefrom. Keep positng, and thanks loads, Hugs, Misti

Joann Smith
01-29-2011, 03:40 PM
wait a min...ain't pretty much all of ohio was redneckville...

Joann

Paula T
01-29-2011, 03:45 PM
I have tought of that before also. And sometimes felt bad for most of the gals that are way deep in the closet. But maybe you are right on.:)

MargaretJ
01-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeh I often feel like that. Sometimes I feel so good I just want to tell someone, and as this is a solitary activity for me, having the chance to do it on the forum is comforting. I can also get incredibly vain at times, when I think I look particularly attractive, which is so unlike my male side. I love reading everyones tales about going out, and your escapades, so please keep posting them.

5150 Girl
01-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Ok, it's the 70 / 77 RULE... Rules have exceptions! Of course there is also waht I call "The bad 28" the 28 countys that make up the Appelachian reigon of Ohio. For the most part, if one drew a line down 77, to 70, then west and go south on 71, one would for the most part encapsulate "the bad 28"

Apparently you've never visited "quaint" Pike county!!! LOL
And Pike county is south of I-70... THe rule states AND / OR... So, if you're in the AND aria, yea, you're pretty well stuck. (I am a pinch west of the intresection of 70 and 77 BTW) If you're in an OR aria, you have pockets of civility and pockets of hillbillys.

wait a min...ain't pretty much all of ohio was redneckville...

Joann

Actually it's my understanding that Cleland is fairly progressive. Lots of TG specific bars and hang outs. Plus al lot of suport for the GBLT community over all.
Columbus is a happen'n town, Dayton, Toledo, ect. And Cincinati gets an exeption from the rule

Daenna Paz
01-29-2011, 11:41 PM
I am constantly inspired, amused and encouraged by what I read here. Many thought-provoking subjects and posts ... :daydreaming: